PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating the right hopper.

Lexmetal4
09-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey, I'm trying to figure out what hopper to use for my pilot. Ive been looking at the Halo belt driven w/ rip drive and V35 loader. Its bps rate is 22+.
Sounds pretty good for my gun, but the price is unbelievable. It cost everywhere at least $120.00. On Action Village alone its $139.50. Its a pricey hopper. I'm just looking for some other types and suggestions. Also, notification about some places with good quality items, and good prices (to get me in the loop). Please give me your input.
Thanx Lexmetal4. :)

viseversa2303
09-30-2006, 04:58 PM
best one either a vL eggy best bang for your buck

shunut
09-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Best loader on the market right now VLocity, period. New they are like $120, used if you find one you'll pay about $100, but its worth the investment.

vikingshadow
09-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Personally, I'm still not sold on the VLocity. I have to actually use one before I can really say, though. Right now, the only thing I can judge it by is looks, and peeewww, it's an ugly thing to me!

I'm still a Reloader B man. Comes stock with everything the Halo B has to be upgraded with. Plus, it comes with "ears" instead of "eyes." Eyes gunk up and can't see, no more loader. Ears feed no matter what. I also tell you, I never had a problem with my Reloader. Now, if that's not enough, there's the Reloader B upgrade board (Reloader B II.)

Hob Hayward
09-30-2006, 06:00 PM
The only problem I've found with ears is that they don't register every shot if you gun is relatively quiet. My TSA was skipping shots with my LP imagine, if you get an LCD version or BII there is sound sensativity adjustment which would be useful.

bamf-hacker
09-30-2006, 06:07 PM
if you are looking to save a buck or 2 you can get an Evolution 3 (Egg). It was just released and it is the Evolution with the Z-board installed. The Z-Board is an upgrade board to get the Egg feeding 17-19bps (you should get 14-15 reliably)

You can get a used VLocity, also a great loader, Vike you can borrow mine so you can finally say you like it :), for about $100 and a Used Halo for about $80.

I own the VLocity, Halo b w/v35 and a Egg with Z-board and can tell you the VLocity is my favorite.

Hope that helps.

vikingshadow
09-30-2006, 06:13 PM
The only problem I've found with ears is that they don't register every shot if you gun is relatively quiet. My TSA was skipping shots with my LP imagine, if you get an LCD version or BII there is sound sensativity adjustment which would be useful.

I never had any problems with it skipping shots on my shocker or my angel, my friends ego or his cocker. It was also used on an Ion and my LP Spyder and never missed a beat. Most everyone I know uses a Reloader B and they never had that issue, although I've heard it a lot on the different forums. I wonder what we're doing differently?

The only problem (probably related to this issue) that I just thought of was that you had to turn it on and make some noise to calibrate the ears. But really, all I did was either dump paint in it or thump it while it calibrated.

With the new BII board, you don't have to adjust for sound.

Lexmetal4
10-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, Ok, but how is the Halo w/ ripdrive and all like I stated in my thread?
And, do all these hoppers you guys have mentioned shoot at least 20+bps?
Because thats how fast the pilot goes and I dont want anything forgotten, I want my gun at full potential. And about this egg loader, I've seen them and to me they look like crap. I'd be imbarrased to step onto a field with that loader. Well, give me what you can.