PDA

View Full Version : TL-X WoodsBall Upgrade???????

spacemarine5
09-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Need some help! :confused:

I really like Spec Ops Paintball guns, but they are a lot of money. I have a Spyder TL-X w/ Terminator Barrel. (http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/category.asp?CAT=106203)

Wondering if anyone knew how to do some of these upgrades? They tell you how to do them on an A-5, but not a Spyder...

1. Make it look like a A5A2. Not really sure this is possible.
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=100+0001&CAT=106203

1a. Mp5 foregrip. Such thing for Spyder????

2a. Nice stock (maybe air through, but I don't really care).

If not, is there any way to replace the verticle foregrip?

2. Backwards facing ASA
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=100+0007&CAT=106203

3. Short, manuverable barrel.

And pretty much just anything to make it look more like a woodsball marker than a tourney marker..........
:tank2:

Hob Hayward
09-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, IMO specialops has some sweet stuff, but its all crazy rip-off prices.

The real question is, do you just want to make it look Mil-sim like, or do you want to make the gun better?

IMO, I'd just get a reg that runs well on co2 (palmers stabilizer, Bob Long torpedo), a nice barrel (you already have a pretty good one), and thats about it. If you weant to make the gun lighter, then use a remote hose, but then you have no way to shoulder the gun, so you'd have to buy a stock. I dunno, its really all preferance, I enjoy just using a regular mech spyder for woodsball. Though I guess if you want, a good upgrade would be a e-grip, they're very useful.

If you really just want to make it look mil sim, paint it eithe camo or black, or somthing other than electric blue.

druid
09-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Take schedule 40 PVC and cut it so you can slide it over the top tube. The outside diameter of the top tube would be in inner diameter of the PVC. Go to an autoparts store and get a can of black undercoating. Sand/roughen the surface of the PVC and spray that on it. It will give it a black "parkerized" appearance and after it completely dries, is hard to scratch and easy to touch up.

Mill a slot and fabricate a mock cocking handle (or rig a thin rod, connecting it to the actual cocking rod) as depicted in the spec-ops pics.

Take a small piece of 1/2" of 3/4" copper pipe (1/2" wide) to make the front sight ring.

I think JCS makes a regulator/forgrip inside a magazine facsimile that would go into the VA. Look in the spec-ops store under "gas-throughs" or "magazines" for those items also.

An older version J&J Ceramic barrel (with straight walls) will look most realistic. Plug the porting with round wooden toothpicks and spray it with undercoating...just don't spray the threads.

An old pneumatics cover from an Autococker might facilitate the foregrip.

To mock a silencer, use PVC that will slide over the barrel. As long as it's not a real silencer, you'll be fine (legally).

Stock...that's kind of a tough one. The stocks normally found for Spyders are the crappy lookng ones or the ones that look like an M4s (AR15) style.

And let's not forget the power of the Dremel or the wisdom of fiberglass bondo. You can always buy the stuff for the M98/98C and mod it to fit a spyder...

bamf-hacker
09-30-2006, 04:57 PM
A quick and easy mod is get a barrel shroud for your gun. They make air cooled shrouds that look cool. I have one on Sara (my MilSim Ion). As for the body make it black and you can get some weaver rails and gorilla glue them on the body. Then mount some sites, scopes and lasers.

When you get it all done please post up some pics...

Hob Hayward
01-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Olddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd thread.

Altpunkrock
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
odd but im kinda into it too. I dont want to make the mistake of messing up the body or anything but its a good question.

IF you want the absolute most easiest mod on earth for your hopper (depending on your hopper) take some brown, olive, sand/brown colored spray paint and use painters tape to make a layout and go for it

XSiv Force
04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I ve got a TL-R that i am thinking about doing the same to i would love to see pics if you decide to do what they said