PDA

View Full Version : Glue behind the noid?

bungeye
09-29-2006, 07:04 PM
hey i removed the glue behind the noid in my pilots trigger frame. and it was mentioned on PBN that no one knew what it is for.

anyone here know?

i did find that it holds either a magnet or steel in place though.
the only use i can think this will be for is the noid itself, but mine runs exactly the same when this (magnet/steel) isnt inserted.

any ideas

vwjimmy
09-29-2006, 07:10 PM
The cavity and the goop at as a buffer for the noids return. It also acts as a sound damper to lower the noise the noid makes when it returns.

DRAGON
09-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I think if you remove the hat from the noid, you won't even be able to hear it clicking any more. Great sniper mod lol. Whatever happened to, "if it aint broke, don't fix it"? -

bungeye
09-30-2006, 02:10 AM
nahh i was drilling through it from the back to put a grub screw in, but the drill bit wouldnt get through the glue bit. i removed the glue, an it was holding a piece of steel or a magnet n place. try it yourself, get a magnet and run it around that area it attradcts.

bungeye
09-30-2006, 09:51 PM
i just tested it, and the magnet will only grap the back of the noid when it is about 1mm left of it to travel, so if you shim your noid, the glue and magnet are worthless.