PDA

View Full Version : does kingman outsource

Theheroguy
09-29-2006, 06:33 PM
does kingman outsource their labor to taiwan.
Do they use the cheap labor prices?

edit is someone gonna tell me is everyone just gonna stare

badlandsrox
09-29-2006, 09:16 PM
no, they have a factory in taiwan

Theheroguy
10-09-2006, 02:05 PM
sorry to bring this back from the dead but I got no replies other than this and don't understand the differance between outsourcing and using labor in another country.

chubb0rz
10-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Outsourcing is usually the term used when a company takes a part of its business and gives that part to another company. The recipients for outsourced activities are generally in the same country. When a company on another continent is involved e.g. India, the correct term to use is offshore outsourcing. I think what you meant to ask is if Kingman has their markers assembled overseas. Most companies do now because of costs, but not all.

vwjimmy
10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Chubborz is correct....since Spyders are assembled in a factory that is owned and operated by Kingman, it cannot be considered 'outsourcing'....
Kingman markers have been built 'offshore' from day one...

DRAGON
10-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Kingman markers have been built 'offshore' from day one...

...........and so are others such as the Ion cept parts are made oversaes and assembled here so SP outsources the Ion correct? -

vwjimmy
10-09-2006, 04:06 PM
...........and so are others such as the Ion cept parts are made oversaes and assembled here so SP outsources the Ion correct? -
Correct!!!! They DO NOT own the companies that build there parts......
Much harder to control quality that way too ;)

Theheroguy
10-09-2006, 05:05 PM
woah!!

that means smart parts is evil

DRAGON
10-09-2006, 05:47 PM
No, Evil would be PMI lol -