PDA

View Full Version : Hey I need a lil bit of help

thebigm
09-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Yes I am a noob I am 18 I just ordered a spyder electra 06 with eyes. I just need a little help on upgrades i have read other reviews and I will list what I am going to put on it, but first i just wanna know what the purpose of the front block is and is that the peice that is underneath the barrel?

Here are some of the mods I want to do let me know what you think and what i should change

* I want to get a CP long regulator but what would be a good asa for it?
* Im gunna get a 68cu/4500psi hpa tank what kind of psi should run at and should i buy a high pressure or low pressure tank an i guess if im getting a cp long regualtor i will have to operate under 500?
* 14 inch J & J ceramic barrel wondering how good it is if anyone knows?
* a drop forward maybe someone could help me on picking one. Would like one with and on off switch; if i have a on and off switch do i still need the asa? and whats the advantage of having a drop forward with an on of switch? Does the asa mount to the drop forward and does asa have an off switch do and can someone explain a little more about the asa?
* I am going to buy a halo hopper with z board with ripdrive i don't think i can outshoot that hopper
* i have no clue what kind of feedneck to get so if you guys can throw out some suggestions
* spring kit i herd 32* was a good kit for it and cheap what would the new springs do?
* I don't know what a striker is if someone can explain that to me is that what makes contact with the paintball? if yeah what would be an ideal for a striker
* I will get the T board down the road since i already have eyes would the t board just mount in the original stock eyes hole area?

If you have any other helpful tips just pm me or post it thanks for your help guys

shunut
09-29-2006, 06:31 AM
First and foremost, Welcome to our Forum. This is a wonderful place and I think you'll find that out for yourself.

1. ASA - I've always liked the CP ASA. Most work well, my only suggest is to make sure you get one with an On/Off and bleed valve.

2. You'll want a HP tank. Really there is no use for LP tanks unless you have certain types of Angels. I actually have a 68/4500 Tank for sale. Best part is it has a Max Flo Micro Tank regulator so your problems with the ASA and Tank would be solved all at once.

3. J&J make great barrels. If you look around on the site here you will find many other Spyder owners use them. I would say its probably the preferred barrel of Spyder owners.

4. The drop forward itself doesn't have the on/off function. The drop forward is so that you can move the tank forward to change the balance of your marker setup and also shorten the overall length of your setup. If you see drop forwards with on/off's, that is just a package deal, you get the drop forward and ASA in 1. To explain a little more about the On/Off function, basically it turns your tank on or off. When you screw your tank in it doesn't automatically air up the gun. You have to turn it on. Then when you are done you can turn the air off. If you have a bleed valve on the on/off then any air in the line or regulator will be purged and you won't have to shoot your marker to get rid of that access air. It also makes it easier to unscrew the tank because there is no pressure behind it.

5. Halo B with Rip Drive and Z coded board is a good loader. I had one and never had problems, it should work just fine for you. Another loader you might want to check out is the new VLocity. It is by far the best loader on the market right now.

6. Feednecks, best in my opinion is the New Designz Pro Lock. I've used it on 2 markers and its awesome. Another good one is the CCM Feedneck.

7. New Springs would allow you to change the setup up of your marker to get it to operate at a lower pressure and make it more air efficient.

8. Spyders are a double tube design. Top tube is the Bolt, which actually makes contact with the paintball. Bottom tube is the striker. The striker does just that, it strikes. When you pull the trigger there is a Sear that goes down to release the striker. The sear holds the striker in place when the gun is at rest. The striker goes forward, also pushing the bolt forward because they are attached together, and hits a valve pin. The valve pin moves forward and allows air into the valve. The valve distributes air in 2 ways. 1 into the breach where the paintball is to push it out and give it its velocity. 2 to push the striker back to the sear so it can be ready for your next shot.

9. I'm not too sure about the T board with the Electra. I would say yes the board will fit but no you wouldn't be able to use the stock eye, you'd have to use the eyes from Scenario Dream. That I could be wrong on I'm not sure. If I'm wrong I'm sure somebody will correct me.

Also, check out www.ottersccustoms.com, it is considered to be the Spyder Bible. Its a great tool to learn more about how Spyders function and it also has some cool "How To's".

bamf-hacker
09-29-2006, 06:55 AM
I could not have said it better my self...

Welcome to the boards and make sure you read Otter's site. I would go as far as saying 90% of your questions will be answered there.

If you have any other questions post them up here.

thebigm
09-29-2006, 07:02 AM
I have went through otters side regarding the new t board for the electra i know the t board comes with eyes but will the eyes on the t board mount into the "stock holes" where the stock eyes sit?

shunut
09-29-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm pretty sure that the Electra has a single bounce beam eye. I haven't hand my hands on one so I'm not sure if there are holes on either side, nor do I know how big the holes are. Your best bet would be to email Damon over at Scenario Dreams. He is a cool guy and I'm sure he will be more than willing to answer that question for you.

Hob Hayward
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
If it is breakbeam, in two weeks the laser eyes for spyders go on sale :P

thebigm
09-29-2006, 08:36 PM
im pretty sure it is a break beam um go to kingman and get the manual and look at item #231 an 232 cause it says eye pannel left eye pannel right and i guess u need to eyes to make a break beam and a 1 for a bounce beam?

Rux
09-29-2006, 11:38 PM
06Electra eyes are breakbeam.

thebigm
09-30-2006, 09:28 PM
thanks rux im still wondering if the t board eyes will fit in the stock eye holes

shunut
10-01-2006, 06:50 AM
EMAIL DAMON AT SCENARIO DREAMS! He will tell you if they are or aren't.

thebigm
10-01-2006, 09:05 AM
thanks shunut, one last question what does the front block do?

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Thats where the regulator/foregrip attachs to the gun. Kinda neccissary..

thebigm
10-01-2006, 06:02 PM
thanks hob you guys have been a great help and i just picked up my new tank today at a wopping $300 cdn its a 72/4500 empire fibre wrapped tank

shunut
10-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Ouch! It'll be worth it.

thebigm
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
shunut is ur homepage you own store? How loud is the vlocity hopper cause i do play some bushball and i don't want something that is to noisy that will give my position away and was is some flaws and good of it compared to the halo i mentioned

bamf-hacker
10-02-2006, 04:55 AM
look at my video review of the VLocity for your sound answers.

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/aeecd535-5963-49e3-917f-980900e672bd.jpg (http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/aeecd535-5963-49e3-917f-980900e672bd.htm)Click here to see Video (http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/aeecd535-5963-49e3-917f-980900e672bd.htm)

shunut
10-02-2006, 04:57 AM
shunut is ur homepage you own store? How loud is the vlocity hopper cause i do play some bushball and i don't want something that is to noisy that will give my position away and was is some flaws and good of it compared to the halo i mentioned

Its louder than the halo but not too bad. Its not my store, its Durrell's, I just help him with it.

SpeedEnvy
10-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Have they released the T board yet for the 06 because I have heard you wont be abel to turn on the marker with out reworking of the electra board some thing to do with the movement of the on off button

thebigm
10-02-2006, 08:25 AM
i don't think they have yet i was just on their site i believe they are working on it. and i did check out your video the other day i was doing some searching

thebigm
10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
ok i just got my gun in today from doro took about a week but i live in canada intead of getting the empire 2 loader i ended up getting the halp tsa backman don't know which one is better but its kool and um how do i keep my hopper from turing and how do you tghten it?

SpeedEnvy
10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
ok i just got my gun in today from doro took about a week but i live in canada intead of getting the empire 2 loader i ended up getting the halp tsa backman don't know which one is better but its kool and um how do i keep my hopper from turing and how do you tghten it?

the stock feed neck you unscrew to loosen then slide the hopper in then screw the oppisite direction to tighten it. the ring inside clamps down as you tighten. my Halo B has no problems staying in there but if you jump and dive and stuff you may wana throw some tape on the bottom of your hopper for more grip

thebigm
10-03-2006, 01:23 PM
thanks i got it now

ShieldzyBoy
10-03-2006, 02:16 PM
talk to damon about the t-board i think he just finished the new 06 electra board and the mr2 and 3 boards. im sure u can get ur hands on one. just make sure that the board is compadible b4 u buy it. i think the eye that come stock on ur marker will fit on the t-board, if not id wait like 2 weeks for the new color eyes damon is coming out with , i realy want a pair of blue ones.

thebigm
10-03-2006, 02:47 PM
i problaby won't be buying the new board for a while im going to get a asa and drop forward first than a new barrel and than hopper

thebigm
10-04-2006, 09:49 PM
What is a good operating pressure for the spyder electra i have a 71/4500 empire tank i don't have an asa yet and its a stock reg and stock internals should i just leave it at 550 or would i be able to tone the marker down to conserve air

shunut
10-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Best way to find out is trial and error. Go down to 500 see how it performs. Then keep going down until you find where it performs best.

thebigm
10-06-2006, 05:10 AM
yeah 500 is about the lowest without it not recocking again...also yesterday the neck on my empire tank started to come undone:S brought it to the shop here and they are lock tightening it

thebigm
10-12-2006, 01:12 AM
yeah i got another question how do i get my stock feed neck off? i can't figure it out. Can you put a different drigger on the rocking trigger frame

shunut
10-12-2006, 05:20 AM
There should be 2 screws on there all you have to do is unscrew them. Yes you can put a different trigger than the rocking trigger. Any ESP frame with fit.

thebigm
10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
i did that and i still couldn't get the thing off do i have to push down on it or what?

shunut
10-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Wow, unless the Electra's feedneck is different than all other Spyder feednecks it should come right off. Have you tried wiggling it around or anything maybe some paint got in there or something and its just stuck.

thebigm
10-12-2006, 08:20 AM
maybe case i did notice when i was firing some rounds at home that i saw some paint bleed where the eye cover thingy is that black peaice i cleaned it but i guess i will try that when i get home will post if i have further problems

thebigm
10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
just a lil bit of an update i have gotten a freak barrel a 71/4500 empire tank, going to pick up a spring set tomorrow a 32* would that lower my pressure just a bit and does anyone have the best combo for it? I have a .693 size inset what would be the optimum sized ball to use would be a ball that is .693 or a lil bit smaller?

PumaPride04
10-18-2006, 08:28 AM
It depends on what kind of paint you use but if the insert is to small or to big for your paint you can buy some more inserts.

CareBear-Killer
10-18-2006, 01:39 PM
If the paint you buy is cheap or has a very brittle shell, you may want to get paint thats a alittle smaller or a little bit larger insert for your barrel.

Ideally the paint should just barely stick in the insert, is shouldn't just roll out. but you should be able to easily blow it out with your mouth. But if the paint is not good quality, or has a very brittle shell, it can be more prone to breaking in the barrel/insert.

thebigm
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
i got the spring kit now i am haveing recocking problems i dunno what is wrong now but it double shoots sometimes and i dunno why this is doing it i have a hard valve spring and a soft cocking 1

PumaPride04
10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
for the feedneck you just unscrew the 2 screws nxt to it all the way off then the feedneck should just come off once you pull it

thebigm
10-18-2006, 10:09 PM
feedneck is no longer a problem i need to know if i can install the sweet spot on a rocking trigger frame

CareBear-Killer
10-18-2006, 11:10 PM
i got the spring kit now i am haveing recocking problems i dunno what is wrong now but it double shoots sometimes and i dunno why this is doing it i have a hard valve spring and a soft cocking 1

This is because there is not enough pressue for the marker to recock.
I would try maybe some other spring combinations? That or you may need a volumizer. ..Although if you're going to get a new front block, then that'll take care of the volumizer as well.

The other alternative would be to turn up the pressue just a little bit, although that kind of ruins the whole 'lowering your operating pressue' thing.

thebigm
10-19-2006, 07:06 AM
does anyone know where i can by an esp frame from a canadian retailer cause i ordered a trigger and i realized that i need a new frame for it. What do you guys reccomened what springs i should use for my gun im still using a stock regualator all same internals have any suggestions to drop my pressure down and what else should i do to make it a better low pressure gun. cause nexy week i will be getting more parts for it

thebigm
10-25-2006, 08:57 AM
to make the hybrid feedneck tighter i just use and allan key to tighten it? cause if i do i have to go buy ne cause i don't have one that fits

shunut
10-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Yep, just tighten the screws down if it feels like the neck is wobbling.

thebigm
10-25-2006, 07:56 PM
hmmmmm :S i did that and it doesn't hold my halo led backman hopper but i guess when my halo b comes in next week i take that would fit in their a lot better