PDA

View Full Version : Mako Storm E-Triggers

rodeoshooter
09-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey all,

What do you know about the Mako Storm E-Trigger Frames? I got one with a crapped out Rodeo I bought to rebuild. The grip panels are terrible, so I'd like to know if any aftermarket grips will fit it, and if its worth me trying to add the whole trigger unit to my existing Rodeo. Thanks!

Muddytaco
09-28-2006, 04:36 PM
I had one of those on my spyder se back in the day before spyder ever made e-frames. The grips suck but there is nothing you can do b/c they use there own screw pattern. The trigger is very hard to walk b/c of the shape but i made my own blade trigger out of some alminum, very easy to make sence the design was very simple.

Mine nolonger works for some reason, only will do about 100 shots on a fresh battery then craps out and refuses to work.

druid
09-28-2006, 07:16 PM
I had 2 and agree that the triggers are hard to walk because of the trigger bump and the trigger guard's short space from trigger to guard. On the second one, I sanded the bump off the trigger and it worked much better.

Coincidentally...the TBoard will fit it but the charging port may not line up completely with the hole in the frame. Drill the hole larger to accomodate it.

I liked it alot but it's capped at 15 I think...has turbo (% ramnp) and burst/Full Auto. The stock board eats batteries also.

Make new grips out of Plexiglass...cut 4 panes so that you can make a spacer for the noid. Tint or paint them...like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/My%20mods%20and%20ideas/DougsGrips002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/My%20mods%20and%20ideas/DougsGrips003.jpg

I painted these on the inside so the paint wouldn't rub off (and yes, the US Flag's stripes were painted like that on purpose to simulate "waving")

rodeoshooter
09-29-2006, 05:40 AM
Hey, thanks for the info guys. I don't know if its going to be worth it to try and use it. I've been doing some other research on it and it seems that it has some reliability problems too. If I decide I must have an E-trigger eventually, I'll go with something more current!

druid
09-29-2006, 07:01 AM
for nostalgia, it's a nice frame to own (since it hasn't been made in years) and even doing the tourney scene, you have the built in cap for the rulebook...anyway so, that shouldn't discourage you from buying it. It has a backlit LCD screen, shot counter, safety lock (instead of turning it off) and tells you what your bps average is (4.0 software had that I think) as well as battery life indicator (similar to a cell phone's).

Sanding the bump off the trigger makes it a nicer version of a stock ESP frame trigger and the tigger switch is uber light. It really is a nice frame despite it's few flaws...

rodeoshooter
09-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, I already have it...it came with a non-working gun I bought (more on that later). I put a 9 volt battery in it and it powers up and changes modes. When I'm done rebuilding the gun I'll put it on and try it out. If I like it and it works well I'll buy a 9.6 for it and make grips. Thanks alot for your info!

Paintball0308
09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
I think you should just use if it works. An e-trigger is an e-trigger. Also good luck on rebuildin that gun.

NEp8ntballer
09-30-2006, 02:21 PM
(and yes, the US Flag's stripes were painted like that on purpose to simulate "waving")

insert michael J fox joke here