PDA

View Full Version : Rapid fire - is it bounce?

Darkh2o
09-27-2006, 10:57 AM
With several posts talking about trigger bounce, Iím still wondering if I have trigger bounce on my Pilot ACS or if itís something else. My gun rapid fires if I squeeze the trigger a certain way. To me, it feels like it rapid fires if the switch is compressed half way. It doesnít do it all the time. I tried CO2 and Compressed Air (both tanks were full) and it still did it. The gun was set on Semi-auto and the ACS bolt has been broken in (at least 2000 rounds & over 2 hours of compressing by hand).

Here is a video of my problem. Iím only pulling the trigger one time and occasionally it will rapid fire. You can hear the multiple shots and see the cocking knob move.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/Darkh2o/?action=view&current=MOV00897.flv

This problem has given me a lot of chopping paint. Iíve tried walking the trigger and it will still rapid fire. Is this trigger bounce? A bad switch? Bad trigger adjustment? Am I doing something wrong? I need some help.:confused:

vwjimmy
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Have you done any mods to the trigger frame?
It looks like the sear is not catching the striker when that happens....

Baozer
09-27-2006, 11:30 AM

yeah... check the sear to see if it is rounded... if it is rounded at all your going to have to replace it

MVS1
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
I've got the same problem (although i haven't had a problem with chopping paint). I tried the magnetic trigger mod (OtterSC) and that made the return more crisp but didn't resolve the bounce issue. Ordering a 50g switch to see if that will help and if that doesn't work then I'm considering an after market striker (Sundragun or titanium).

TheRedBarron
09-27-2006, 11:47 AM
First guy... try tightening your screws to your trigger frame. That happens alot. If that doesnt help report back.

Darkh2o
09-27-2006, 12:16 PM

No mods to the trigger frame. Everything is stock. I'll have to check the sear to see if it is rounded.

yeah... check the sear to see if it is rounded... if it is rounded at all your going to have to replace it

After shooting less than 5000 rounds the sear might need to be replaced???

First guy... try tightening your screws to your trigger frame. That happens alot. If that doesnt help report back.

I'll check the screws on the frame when I get home. I don't think they are loose, but you never know.

TheRedBarron
09-27-2006, 12:19 PM
the ones holding the frame to the body, not the grip screws. This is actually a very common problem, people dont notice them loosening but they do it due to vibration.

Darkh2o
09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I knew what screws you meant. I see your point about them vibrating.

What about the sear? Could it already have rounded after very little use? Since I've had it less than 6 months, would Kingman do anything about it?

Paintball0308
09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
That happend to me. I changed my sear and striker with the ones from my brothers gun and it fixed the problem. I compared them together and they both had no almost wear besides tiny scratches on mine.

vikingshadow
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
You don't have to buy a new sear if it's rounded. Just take some sandpaper and sand it. I've done it multiple times. All you want is a sharp edge on the edge that catches the hammer. You don't have to sand very much to get that sharp edge.

Darkh2o
09-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Well I checked the screws as per RedBarron and all were tight. So I took the trigger frame off and looked at the sear.

...take some sandpaper and sand it...All you want is a sharp edge on the edge that catches the hammer. You don't have to sand very much to get that sharp edge.

When I looked at the sear, it was practically new. It was not rounded and only had a few little marks on it. I sanded the edge a little to make sure it was sharp and reassembled the gun. I aired it up and tested. It did the same rapid fire as before.

I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to do. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.:headbrick:

Thanks everyone.

Halucin8
09-29-2006, 12:12 AM
Mine did the same out of the box occassionally but not as bad as your vid. I have since gone to a high flow valve and high flow vertical adapter. also polished my internals. Has not done it since. next on the list is a reg so i can go the rest of the way to low pressure.

Darkh2o
09-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, I talked with John from Kingman and showed the video to him. He said it's trigger bounce. He then stated, The trigger bounce is the result of the increased rate of fire programming on the circuit board. Since the marker is featured with the ACS bolt a higher rate of fire would have been okay because the chance of breaking paint in the marker is reduced. Since the rate of fire was increased the program will sometimes recognized a bounce of the trigger as a trigger pull.

The only way to eliminate it is to replace the circuit board that has a low rate of fire capacity so the program will not recognize the slightest input from the trigger.

Since replacing the board so it has a lower rate of fire is NOT what I want to accomplish, I guess I'll have to back the trigger out until I reduce the rapid fire effect. He also suggested going with a Halo B or Reloader B to match the higher rate of fire from this marker.

So, I guess I don't have to get a new marker after all, although those VS markers are looking pretty tempting...:D