PDA

View Full Version : Q-loader

Hob Hayward
09-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I was thinking of getting one instead of what I had been planning on getting, a Reloader B. Similar price, it feeds faster, I'm just wondering if anyone who has one or has used one has any thoughts?

Nenkitsune
09-26-2006, 02:13 PM
i have one, i love it. it hate soft paint, if you use really crappy paint, don't bother, it'll rip them to shreds. the only time i ever chopped paint in it, was using to many prewinds and the balls would try to force past the ball detents, and too many prewinds causes your shots to actually go realyl slow, if it manages to shoot out the barrel. i think because the pressure pushes on the bolt so hard that it slows it down or something. i only need like 12 prewinds. the max is 16, which you shouldn't need. cleaning on the new versions (the only ones they sell now) is very easy. setting it up is easy too, but make sure you read the manual so you don't screw up. it's deffinetly worth to money IMO, but then again, i upgraded from a gravity feed straight to the qloader and haven't regret it even once.

Paintball0308
09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
If you play woods ball then yes. If you play speedball no because the extra balls in the reloader b would help.

Nenkitsune
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah, but it does help that you can swap pods in about a second or two.
i'm planning on buying more pods soon. i'm hoping to get around 5 or 6 total, so 3-4 more pods, and a belt for it
woodsball/senario/rec is 100% perfect for the qloader imo. speedball is iffy to me. you don't need a loader that can do 30bps in speedball, since it's usually capped as far as i know, but, the fact that it has such a low profile helps with getting hopper hits. it's also extremly light. running around and jumping/sliding with a qloader is awesome

Ace24
09-26-2006, 05:29 PM
A nice thing about the Q-Loader is the fact that your never going to leak balls onto the field when reloading. Its all inclosed in the Q-pods. Its alot easier too, once you get the hang of it. The only bad thing is that it puts weight on the front of the gun, so if you have a really light tank that doesnt counter balance it... you might be annoyed.

Nenkitsune
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
it doesn't have to put weight on the front of the gun
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/half_breed/P3110339.jpg
imagine running around with a 140rnd pod strapped to your gun.
that's about how it feels. it never gets in the way, and i have no problems with sliding, jumping, rolling aound with it.

Maxx-Damage
09-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Would the Q-Loader fit the MR2?

Ace24
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
it doesn't have to put weight on the front of the gun
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/half_breed/P3110339.jpg
imagine running around with a 140rnd pod strapped to your gun.
that's about how it feels. it never gets in the way, and i have no problems with sliding, jumping, rolling aound with it.

Wow I would never have the Q loader set up like that. You cant aline your head with the back of the gun without hitting your mask on it.

The Q-loader is suppose to go in front, under the barrel. That was the origonal idea. Otherwise, why not just buy a regular hopper.

It basicly does a similar thing as the Warp Feed... *When its infront, under the barrel*

If you use it that way, you can put it on any gun. I am personally buying a warp feed for the MR1 and having a machienist make me a carbonfiber feedneck that goes out horizontal instead of diagional. This way the warp feed will hook up better.

Hob Hayward
09-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Meh, I can't do a forward mount, it'd be angling down, and I don't liek the idea of that. I wish I could have some kind of a side mount where its above the tank to the side and farhter forwards.

Ace24
09-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Warp feed. Go for a warp feed then. That mounts on the bottom of your grip in between the ASA and the grip. Then it stands to the side. (usually you want it on the inside, that way you wont be giving an extra profile to shoot at)

The cool thing about it is that you dont have to have a fast hopper for it either.

Hob Hayward
09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Er, ace, you DO need a fast hopper for the warpfeed, it only feeds as fast as your hopper does.

Ace24
09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Lol... I meant like... you dont need a Halo. A eggy or ricochet would work fine.

marvin-martian
09-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Er, ace, you DO need a fast hopper for the warpfeed, it only feeds as fast as your hopper does.
that and theyre big, bulky, and gross

vikingshadow
09-27-2006, 05:44 PM
(usually you want it on the inside, that way you wont be giving an extra profile to shoot at)

What if you shoot using both hands? One side or the other is going to be showing...

Actually, don't they make a clamp to attach the q loader to your tank or to a stock? Seems to me I saw a couple like that when they first came out. That was about the only thing I really liked about it.

Edit - man, seems like I've been picking on Ace there, but I promise I'm not! Sorry if it seems that way.

marvin-martian
09-27-2006, 05:50 PM
ive felt i was picking on him before too, then i felt bad

Paintball0308
09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
just get a reloader b

Hob Hayward
09-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow, thats odd, I've felt the same way too...

Vike, there are ones that have it mounted near the tank.

http://www.qloader.com/images/aic_pic_players_25.jpg that attachment seems like a good way to me.

Paintball0308
09-27-2006, 06:17 PM
To me it looks uncomfortable because the pod would be in the way of your hand.

Hob Hayward
09-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah, it is in the way, but if it were onthe other side it'd be fine for me because I only shoot right handed.

Ace24
09-27-2006, 06:25 PM
That takes up about the same amount of space as a warp feed, and its the same idea, and area where the warp would go...

Paintball0308
09-27-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah but for the warp you also have to have a hopper so it becomes way bigger unless your using a gravity feed which defeats the purpose.

Ace24
09-27-2006, 06:35 PM
it makes it bigger in the sence that its taller, but it wont go above your gun and if you put the hopper infront of the warp, length wise, its actually same/ a little less. So in cubic measurements, its about the same. Its just preference I guess. Personally I wouldnt like the q-loader due to the need to buy alot of q-pods wich are expencive... but I guess you end up spending the same amount in the end as you would with the warp and hopper.

Hob Hayward
09-27-2006, 06:39 PM
The warp will in totoal be much heavier, and it will feed slower. It is a simpler design and easier to use, but the q-loader is the fastest loader out there, not a chance of outshooting it.

Nenkitsune
09-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Wow I would never have the Q loader set up like that. You cant aline your head with the back of the gun without hitting your mask on it.

The Q-loader is suppose to go in front, under the barrel. That was the origonal idea. Otherwise, why not just buy a regular hopper.

It basicly does a similar thing as the Warp Feed... *When its infront, under the barrel*

If you use it that way, you can put it on any gun. I am personally buying a warp feed for the MR1 and having a machienist make me a carbonfiber feedneck that goes out horizontal instead of diagional. This way the warp feed will hook up better.
i like the way i have it, it works better for me. and it's meant to be mounted however the user wants. some of them are mounted vertical, some on tanks, some on the side of the gun. the site shows all diffrent guns and how they were mounted. and any other loader can't compete

Ace24
09-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Now I am interested in the Q... I was going to buy a Warp for the MR1... but I didnt realise how the Q really worked. The whole mounting anywhere thing really makes me excited... I might have to get it... idk... *Really needs the money to start this project*

Nenkitsune
09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
lol. yeah, the reason why they made it the way it is, is so you can mount it however you like, and fire anyway you like (meaning, you can unload a pod, shooting upside down if you like)
I hate warp feeds. they're bulky, and still rely on a normal hopper, which is kind of lame

Ace24
09-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow the prices of Q-loaders and what I would need to put one on my MR1 is high. Also do these pods fit in a normal pod belt? Or would I have to buy one of those too?

Nenkitsune
09-28-2006, 11:55 AM
the pods are just a bit bigger than a 140 round pod.

Hob Hayward
09-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Compared to my dye locklid pods, they're about 1/4 inch wider, and half an inch longer.

Ace24
09-28-2006, 12:39 PM
So in other words, they would fit in my Empire pack right?