PDA

View Full Version : Types of Woods Ball

adriann222
09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
What different type of "woods ball" games have you all played and which were the best? I know people are always coming up with new games, so suck and some rock. So which do you guys like the best and why?

My favorite is sqad based tactic paintball.

Objectives can be what ever. The main difference is that in this game you control the type of markers, air supplies, and paint carried by each player.

We use 10 man squads we only ever have enough gear for two but the more the merrier I always say.

Each squad is made up of the following:

2 EP players with maximum of two tanks and 8 pods in back up.

4 semi players with only one tank (any size) and up to 2 140 round pods in back up.

6 semi / pump players with 40 round hoppers, 9 oz CO2 or 48/3000 nitro tanks, and 2 100 rnd hoppers in back up.

A lot of strategy and forming up effective fields of fire. No pray and spray. Only hard part is finding the right type of markers. We originally wanted to have the 6 players using all stock class markers, but it got really hard to find 12 pumps and all those little CO2 packs became an issue. But I would recomend that anyone who likes scenario play and the strategy involved try this game, it's a whole lotta fun and gets pretty intense.

So what about you guys....what's your favorite?

rodeoshooter
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
We do a large scale capture the flag game on 90 acres of timber, 35 guys to a team. Unlimited paint, 3 hit elimination, 2 hour time limit.

We also do a POW game where the two teams attempt to simultaneously rescue 3 prisoners from the other team's fort while guarding 3 of their own capture. Single hit elimination.

We have a natural damn/hill at the edge of a lake on the property where we do a rush the hill game....one team protects, one charges and attempts to grab a flag in the middle. Single hit elimination, one hopper of paint only. It's timed, then we switch roles. Whoever does it fastest wins.

We usually end the day with the British Walk Of Death...the two teams face each other in a field about 100 feet apart. Each player gets one shot (no hoppers). You're hit, you're out. Whoever is left moves 15 feet closer, do again. Repeat until only one team has players standing.

Ace24
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I've played the same stuff as Rodeo has. I have also played games involving capturing a breif case thats located on the centrial tower in a huge double story fort. You would have to run into the base *there were 4 ways to get in* and up the ladder and into the tower undetected, then slide down the slide and get out.

Then there were hostage situations, holding the fort for as long as you could (keep in mind these teams wers like 40 on 40 or so) and some other mixes and variations of the games.

What sucks is that the place where this used to be hosted is now closed. :(

yamaha cow
09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
at my field we all go out to different places so its every one against everyone its so much fun or we play capture the flag.

splater18
09-25-2006, 04:47 PM
how do you play 3 hit elimanation don't people cheat?
Oo do you play with trustworthy people

rodeoshooter
09-25-2006, 05:19 PM

We have to go to our safe zone when hit and register our hit on a board. Then you can re-enter the field of play. We have referees in the field and at the safe zone, but there is still a certain amount of personal honesty involved. It doesn't seem to be a problem as most everyone knows each other and is honest about it, and we're all adults.

Sandman_Bravo
09-25-2006, 06:21 PM

Why play woodsball with untrusty people? Heck, you can find them at any pay field. But woodsball, outlaw style on your own turf, you need your friends shooting with you.

Hossy
09-25-2006, 06:27 PM
shooting at people who tp your house ftw...

i play like a castle game, its my favorite when u have to defend it...and you have say 5 cases of paint with you in the castle, for you and your teammates, which is like 10 people...and then you have about 20 intruders, all with a loader full, team wins if they get in the castle, or castle team wins if they eliminate everyone...

guns are dropped when your hit, so if your super duper player gets hit, he can drop his gun, so then the teammates can have more paint....and a nicer gun, depending on what kinda gun it is

rodeoshooter
09-25-2006, 07:18 PM
^^^^That game sounds like fun!