PDA

View Full Version : Need a new marker for foul weather....Let me explain.

bamf-hacker
09-25-2006, 06:18 AM
OK here is the deal...

We played yesterday and it was raining, not just a little rain it was down pouring. At least for the first round.

So since all my stuff is now electro I am looking for a mechy for those oohhsss nnooosss its raining days.

Here are my choices for now.

1. Old School Cocker (not one of the new trilogy's, a real Cocker)
2. A-5
3. Warp fed Mag

Please no Tippman's Suck posts and please provide constructive criticism. I have not owned any of the above guns and need as much information as you can give me.

If you have a different suggestion please let me know and remember the goal. A gun that can play in the rain and me not worry about electronics.

As always, thank you all.

vwjimmy
09-25-2006, 06:55 AM
You didn't mention what kind of game you are playing in the rain....
Speedball...Woodsball......
It would make a difference to my choice....
PS I really would not run a Warp in heavy rain....

TheRedBarron
09-25-2006, 06:57 AM
I run my electros in the rain :confused:

But my vote goes for mag, just dont get a warp they are lame.

vikingshadow
09-25-2006, 07:14 AM
I run my electros in the rain :confused:

But my vote goes for mag, just dont get a warp they are lame.

Second this post. I always ran with my primary marker in the rain...

Muddytaco
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I voted for a cocker. Its a very reliable backup and to me there fun to shoot, I the the mechanics of it.

Whats your price range?

Mech Warrior
09-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Other: Custom 98. Why blow the extra $$ on A5?

And here's radical thought: how about a Spyder? Maybe a nice Rodeo?

vwjimmy
09-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Other: Custom 98. Why blow the extra $$ on A5?

And here's radical thought: how about a Spyder? Maybe a nice Rodeo?
Dan .... I belive you already have a mech Rodeo.....lol
Could it be you have the itch to aquire and 'up' another brand of marker??

Maxx-Damage
09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Im also voting for other, a 98c
It was my first gun, If u get a 14in JJ and use a nitro tank it is so much fun, and is a actual challenge cause u arent shooting as fast when u have the electro and have to be smarter when u play with it. IMAO(and now i have a mr2)

bamf-hacker
09-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Dan .... I belive you already have a mech Rodeo.....lol
Could it be you have the itch to aquire and 'up' another brand of marker??

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

????

Ace24
09-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I voted for the mag with a warp feed. They are incredbile with warp feeds.

If you go to www.webdogradio.us and look at some of Tygers FPS series, hes using a warp feed mag. He plays alot of woodsball and prefers it over speedball and such... The nice thing about the mag, its pretty much limitless... you can use it for both speedball and woodsball comfortably without feeling limited by its abilities.

Otherwise I would go with one of these autocockers:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=6335

Those were the origonal AC woodsball guns.

vwjimmy
09-25-2006, 12:12 PM
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

????
In that case....I vote for the cockers....
Zillions of possible upgrades!!!!!!
:)

Total90Oliver
09-25-2006, 02:17 PM
chose other, a good semi-gun is a rodeo or an Xtra, Rodeo has reg, and Xtra i just like it..lol

claustrophobia9
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
mech ion so then youd have 3. (or you could buy more parts for other ions and mod the stock stuff so you can just toss it on whenever) http://www.zdspb.com/team/ydnamechion.html

Ace24
09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
He wants a closed bolt operating gun as far as I know... so the rain and dirt and mud dont get inside. Hence the guns he has on the list there.

Also stop posting about Rodeos... he already has one... riiiight?:dodgy:

Muddytaco
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
He wants a closed bolt operating gun as far as I know... so the rain and dirt and mud dont get inside. Hence the guns he has on the list there.

aaaaahhhhh the cocker is the only one that has closed bolt operation. Mag is blow forward and a5 is blow back.

claustrophobia9
09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
He wants a closed bolt operating gun as far as I know...
is the a5 closed bolt? besides that jams more than any spyder i know of.

vwjimmy
09-25-2006, 04:32 PM
The A5, just like the 98, is a blow back open bolt design....
The bolt is back, or 'open' when the marker is ready to fire :)

Hossy
09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
id say to put a big bag over your gun :dodgy:

i do hate tippmans, but that and a spyder is what i realllllyyyy want for my DM...with alot of $$..so id say get an A5, and trick that out as well Dan

bigred76
09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
You can guess my vote, haha. :D

claustrophobia9
09-25-2006, 05:05 PM
You can guess my vote, haha. :D
why would we guess? .... the poll is public... :dodgy:

Ace24
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
OMZ! He voted for a Auto Cocker.

Wait I thought closed bolt meant that the bolt doesnt leave the body, its surrounded by metal and nothing is let in. For example, spyders have an exposed bolt, mags have a non exposed bolt.

(feels stupid now)

bigred76
09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
What are you talking about, Ace? :confused: A CLOSED BOLT marker means the bolt CLOSES THE BALL OFF from the outside world while waiting for the command to fire. AKA, the bolt flies back after a shot, allows the next ball in, and seals itself forward. On an OPEN BOLT marker, you can see the ball down the feedneck because it's OPEN TO THE WORLD. Make sense now? :)

Btw, you're wrong on two counts. I voted for the Mag. ;)

timbertiger20
09-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Umm.....well I like my Tac-One but.......I like Palmer's guns more! PS....cleaning instructions involve taking them in the shower!

vikingshadow
09-26-2006, 04:53 AM
Wait I thought closed bolt meant that the bolt doesnt leave the body, its surrounded by metal and nothing is let in. For example, spyders have an exposed bolt, mags have a non exposed bolt.

I think you're getting confused between closed BOLT and closed BODY. Spyders ALSO have a closed BODY (some models - for example, my Sonix has a closed body. The new VS series as well....)

thechubbss12
09-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Cocker... FTW... Oldest High End gun avilable.... Well sorta...

IMO cockers have the capability to be the fastest mech around... And aculy i would go for any newer used mech cocker...

bamf-hacker
09-26-2006, 01:02 PM
OK looks like I am going to get the Warped ULE Mag and I may also get a cocker.

Looking at a few online.

Ace24
09-26-2006, 05:17 PM
The VS series still has a hole behind the bolt in the gun... and it has a cocking rod... so there is a hole up top... So how is it closed body? When I think closed body... I thnk ION, Shocker, MAG, that kinda thing...