PDA

View Full Version : what are the main things on the pilot acs that need to be oiled?

chad
09-25-2006, 01:22 AM
i have yet to lube any parts of my gun..soo i wanted to know what are the parts that should be oiled? And this is another little concern i have, its not really bad or anything but, how long is air supposed to spray out when you unscrew it (co2). when i unscrew my co2, i try turning as fast as i can but it seems like its unscrewing slow (maybe i should spray like wd-40on the threads??) and once the tank is at the point where the pin is not pressed in anymore, it starts spraying alot for about 7-8 seconds before i can get it totaly off. How many shots,rough estimate, is that?? The reason i ask, is cuz it seems like alot of air is coming out! And 1 last thing..what is good about a spring kit? is it just for extras incase something happens to one??

Sandman_Bravo
09-25-2006, 03:14 AM
You should oil the hammer/striker body and o-ring. Also it doesn't hurt to put 3 drops of oil into the asa hole before screwing on a canister. When you strip down the marker for periodic cleaning and maintenance get some oil (or dow 33) on the valve pin.
As for removing the tank; as you are unscrewing it- just before it vents, shoot the gun a few times as you are unscrewing and this will lessen the amount purging. If you have the resources you can buy a new asa on/off with air-bleed. I have the NDZ and it's great. When you unscrew (turn off) the valve the gas is automatically vented (just a slight puff through 2 small vent holes) and then you simply unscrew the tank without any pressure behind it.
Good luck.

viperx6x9x
09-27-2006, 10:35 PM
lube any and all o rings. lube anything in the bottom tube. and in the top tube lube the bolt a little. so basically anything that actually moves inside the gun. from the breech forward in the top tube dont oil anything except for the o ring on your barrel. i dont know aerodynamics that well so the only thing i can explain is oil in the barrel and breech itself somehow makes the ball take unexpected twists and turns resulting in an even more unreliable accuracy. Yeah i know paintball guns are inherently bad on the accuracy cuz your shooting a soft liquid filled projectile but lubrication in those areas mess it up even more.

Lexmetal4
09-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Here I'll give you the exact parts you need to lube.
1) all #9 o-rings.
a. 3 of them are located on part #185 (vertical adapter)
b. 1 of them located on part #186 (low pressure chamber)
c. 2 of them located on part #14 (valve body)
That is it for the #9 o-rings.
Next lube (red) o-ring #19A (located on striker bolt)
(striker bolt part #JE18A)
Now, Finally, lube up the entire Striker Bolt.--------^

There you go thats all the stuff you need to lube.

bunn1986
09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
also lube the metal part in the ACS so it can move a little better so it won't have to have too much friction in the bolt. never hurts to do it though:p

chad
09-28-2006, 07:26 PM
cool, well thanks guys.