PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Arthur Chang

TheRedBarron
09-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Suprised that this hasnt been posted yet but...

In Issue 42 October of Facefull they interviewed mr chang (CEO of Kingman) about the VS "3G" line.

This is a major release for you company. Do you get scared in moments like these?

I beleice that in life, you have to take chances. You take risks. But before those risks, theres a lot of thinking and planning that go into it. Its true no one really knows whats going to happen next, but its the companys vision and were very confident.

When was the last time for Kingman that there was such a big release. The first Spyder?
Probable around 2001. That was the year when we reposition ed ourselves. It wasnt just the release of the e-markers. We had also divided the company in five different brands. We had Spyder, Spyder e-markers, Raven,Java, Bad Company...
So nothing this big ever happened for Kingman before that precise date?
On a scale like this... Even for the first release of the Spyder at the beginning of the 90's, we didnt have the resources we have now.

Theres a lot of technical innovation in this new line. But you want to go further than that. You have bigger plans for Kingman in general.
Our real objective is to be pure. This year, well ocus entirely on the Spyder line, and in fact, on paintball from head to toe. this means that very soon, our goal is to have a complete line of paintball products. We want to carry everything related to paintball under the spyder name.

So theres a first release with the markers in October.

The first two products, our very high end line of VS, our 3G spyders will be available early October. After that we will gradually start distributing our loaders, our paintballs, our goggles...

Paintballs as well? thats really entering a different manufacturing process...

well find a way to find the best sourcing for it, somthing thats upp to the level of your revamped spyder line.

I am tired of typing so just one more and we are done

What was it exactly that you wanted to change with the Spyder line?

Its been such a strong product for so many years... but for the past 2 years the industry as you know had a bit of a setback and we did feel the effect. we were too comfortable. so weve decided to take the lead. weve spent the past 24 months to go from the drawing board to full production.

TheRedBarron
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Stats of the VS series if you didnt know yet....

The new VS series markers, built with 3G technology will include a patent pending low pressure, high performance balance valve. This technology also incorperates a lightweight striker, softer springs, and an increase in chamber capacity enhancing the low pressure functionality of the VS. The spyder VS2 with infiniti trigger and the Spyder VS3 with rocking trigger will use this 3G technology Balance valve making the marker operational at 200PSI and should maintain incredible speed and comfort. Yes, 200 PSI. But it doesnt stop there. The VS series paintball marker will include features like, Break-Beam eyes, electronic functions with dual touch switch, a mini C/A regulator with on off dial verticle adapter with low pressure guage, a 2 peice 12" micro ported barrel, low rise adjustable feedneck, and a delrin bolt with lock cocking knob. the Spyder VS2 will have a board capped at 25 BPS and the VS3 will have the rocking board capped at 30 BPS. Customizable body kits (like the Ion) will also be available. the body kit includes eye covers feedneck, LPC, rubber fore grip, and a striker plug. There will also be "Aero twist barrel tips" available to purchase for a change in looks.

TheRedBarron
09-24-2006, 09:13 PM
So basically the gun has a horizontal reg, instead of vert the foregrip is just that, a gas through. So in the interview it also said that there is a whole 3G coming out, not just the VS, look for another version of kingmans popular lines that will probably include the higher volume lower pressure and balanced valve (probably one or 2 with eyes one or 2 without, same goes for the rocking trigger, and probably at least one mech)

shunut
09-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Sounds good, and Matt there is an edit button for a reason :wink:

TheRedBarron
09-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I know but I wanted to break up the interview, the tech specs and my personal beleif.

kidonfire
09-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow, Your just making me want one more and more. :bow:

thechubbss12
09-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Yep... im going to purchase one...

LOL Edit button and a mod... i dont think that mixes LOL...

bamf-hacker
09-25-2006, 05:33 AM
woot now I am even happier I am going to win one tomorrow :)

DRAGON
09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Wait till see what balanced valve means. It's a new interesting idea -

Paintball0308
09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
So its not ep. That kinda sucks but they are going it the right direction. Hopefully you can change the parts to spyders that are out now. I also hope that the paintballs are good and cheap. Also that they come out with better masks at a chep price too.

Hob Hayward
09-25-2006, 03:38 PM
woot now I am even happier I am going to win one tomorrow :)

Sorry bamf, but this ones mine :) ooh I can't wait to get the email tomorrow.

claustrophobia9
09-25-2006, 04:42 PM
So its not ep. That kinda sucks but they are going it the right direction. Hopefully you can change the parts to spyders that are out now. I also hope that the paintballs are good and cheap. Also that they come out with better masks at a chep price too.
its air forward, spring back, sear tripped, its much different than the "spring forward" you are thinking of, consistacy will probibly be better. also the balanced valve is similar to what lucky is selling and this impulse valve http://www.zdspb.com/team/ydnaai.html (at the bottom) basically it means it uses less force to actuate meaning they can have a lighter hammer and lower rec. mass. this could also allow the air forward to be extremely small amount of air.

oddly this is NEARLY the same type of marker as the deadly wind aedes... maybe a sale of the design???

the deadly wind was said to run on a different type of valve than most poppet markers... most people assumed they meant Mq valve but balnced could be what they meant.

Hob Hayward
09-25-2006, 05:32 PM
What a min, claus wth did you just say, air forwards, spring back, sear tripped. How does that work? How do you fit a a sear into a Spring back air forwards design?

conradl
09-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry bamf, but this ones mine :) ooh I can't wait to get the email tomorrow.

Sorry to you both But I am going to take it, I can vizualize it now checking my email and seeing one from kingman , OH YEA!!!!!!!!

Hob Hayward
09-25-2006, 05:58 PM
No, your imagining ME checking my email and seing the email from Kingman :D

Paintball0308
09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Sorry to all of you but I already got the email. I cant wait to get it. wait so I can copy it from my e-mail. when I get it I'll show all of you all of the internals and hopefully this gun is awesome.

leed
09-25-2006, 07:22 PM
I want one, well, no I just want the money I would have to pay to get one, lol.

I saw this article yesterday afternoon in Barnes and Noble, and was glad to see it.

:up: for Kingman.

DRAGON
09-25-2006, 07:59 PM

Hey, you know what a little birdy told me? You were cheep, cheep. cheep! - :D

thechubbss12
09-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Yes this should be an intresting marker.... to see what the internals looks like.... I think the spring return and sear is a good idea.... I think it wouldnt be too bad if they made a blowback using airpower to push the ram foward and the blowback valve to push the ram backwards... with a sear to catch and release....

Sorta like a spool valve... keep a small amount of preasure on the back of the ram with the sear keeping it thier... then you hit the trigger and it realeases the sear and the ram goes foward opens valve and the blowback preasure pushes it back....

Xyxyll
09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Wait till see what balanced valve means. It's a new interesting idea -

The suspense is more unsettling than you can even imagine...

claustrophobia9
09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
What a min, claus wth did you just say, air forwards, spring back, sear tripped. How does that work? How do you fit a a sear into a Spring back air forwards design?
im not sure if its a spring back but they did say that rather than spring tension being the reason the bolt/ram assembly moves forward, it will be constant air pressure. the bolt will still be caught by a sear which is electronically controlled just like e-spyders (non primal/em1).

the balanced valve allows this pressure of air that replaces to be so low (sub 25psi would probibly trigger a well made balanced valve) that you can get insane efficiency and consistancy.

Hob Hayward
09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh cool! I really can't wait to win this thing now! :D