PDA

View Full Version : Trigger bounce issue...

MVS1
09-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Well I was all excited to compete in my first tournament since I got my Pilot dialed in w/LP. Right up until the clown checking for bounce at the chrono kept saying that I had my marker set up to bounce. The dunce could not wrap his mind around the concept that if you squeeze the trigger just to the point of actuating the micro-switch that the recoil of the marker would kick enough to reset and cycle the switch and since your finger is still in the same position the marker will of course fire again. He was telling people with Angels, Autocockers, practically everything e-trigger that he would not allow the markers on the field unitl the bounce function was disabled :rolleyes: . Well if any of you have this problem here is the only way I could think of (that actually worked consistantly) to stop this, not that it is actually a problem w/the marker. Adjust the trigger pull so that under normal pull it doesn't actuate the switch then squeeze a little more, if the marker fires you should be good to go, if not bring the set screw out just a little and try again. This was the only way I could get this jerk to let me us my marker. Anyway hopefully none of you will have to deal with this but if you do give this a try.

vikingshadow
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Um, hate to bring this up, but if I'm understanding what you're saying, that actually IS bounce and is illegal to use in tournaments.

However, you're correct in that adjustiing your trigger to have a little more back and forward play will usually stop the bounce...

MVS1
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
I thought bounce was when you pull the trigger all the way the marker cycles twice. IF I'm wrong that's cool and I guess I'm the clown. Is there another way of resolving the bounce issue other than making trigger so hard to actuate. Hate having to pull so hard to actuate and makes walking the trigger impossible. I tried different springs, adjusting the pressure up and down, nothing worked consistantly. Could it be the striker, I polished it and had considered replacing it with a titanium one. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this without the trigger adjustment routine would be greatly appreciated

vwjimmy
09-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Vike is right....thats where the term 'bounce' came from....the marker 'bouncing' on recoil and firing again....
It may take awile to get the adjustment of your trigger right to prevent the bounce but there are some thingsyou might try like a new trigger (FBM of SPPS to name a few) or modding the trigger with a magnetic return rather than the spring it came with....
Otters site outlines the magnet mod....the SPPS comes with magnets....
Then keep firing and adjusting till you have the best mix of anti bounce and good walking! :)

MVS1
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
thanks jimmy, that's what I was looking for, I was pretty sure that I had all the internals dialed in, guess its time to start working on the trigger.

vikingshadow
09-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, spyder triggers are pretty tough to adjust sometimes.

Do you have a new microswitch installed? Or a modified one? Sometimes a new switch is all you need (be careful though, sometimes they're TOO touchy!) But the magnet return is soooo much better than the spring return. If you have the spring in your trigger right now, you might take it out to see how you like that. Sometimes that's all it takes!

Sandman_Bravo
09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
Try this one chief:

http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/1583576/1032112.htm

MVS1
09-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh, that' Sundragon is tight. Too bad there currently out of stock. I did the OtterSC magnetic trigger mod last night. Big difference in how crisp and smooth the trigger rebounds. Have yet to fire so I don't know if it will resolve my bounce issue, but I'm guessing with a little tweaking to the trigger adjustment I should be able to get it to its "happy place". If nothing else the feel of trigger pull action is much better. And by the way, I don't recommend anybody tries this mod unless you are real comfortable with your mod skills, once you start your pretty much commited and you can screw up your frame and trigger real easy if you make a mistake.

MVS1
09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Has anybody considered/attempted the magnetic mod to the sear as well??? I don't plan on trying since this is my primary marker, but just curious.

Sandman_Bravo
09-25-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't know if that would work with the big steel hammer passing by it. Besides, the sear is something you want to catch every time without fail- why **** with success?

Darkh2o
09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh, that' Sundragon is tight. Too bad there currently out of stock...

I just emailed Sundragon about the "out of stock" trigger. They said it was a website glitch. Check it now, it should be available.

:)

MVS1
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Well the magnetic trigger mod works great. Unfortunately I am still having to adjust the trigger further than I like. When I get it set so that it will walk fine I can still get it to bounce, adjusting it any further and I can resolve the bounce but then walking becomes inconsistant...since the micro-switch is the original switch that has approx. 20K shots, including dry fires is it time to replace?
I kinda figured the sear mod (magnetic) was a bad idea but I figured I'd throw it out there for some feedback.