PDA

View Full Version : Zippied Fenix project coming to an end!

Ace24
09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
So, I've basicly finished my long, times taking project of completely rebuilding my Fenix and putting the legendary "One Kit" on it. I just have to buy the Orange Wasp Fenix bolt I have been saving up for and a QEV then I am done.

I am going to play with it tonight and post the results and the operating pressure. It should be interesting.

Here are some pics of the semi-finalised gun:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2586copy.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2532.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2531.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2530.jpg

Remember when I ran into problems with the bottom of the grip and the alignment of the holes? Well I ended up buying a CP rail for cheap and milling it a bit in order to streach the hole out a bit to fit it snug to my gun... guess what, IT WORKED! So now its nice and tight and secure and it looks amazing!

EDIT: VIDEO BELOW:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/th_SpyderZenixtest10-01-06001.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/?action=view&current=SpyderZenixtest10-01-06001.flv)

Hossy
09-24-2006, 02:20 PM
ted, you did a great job with the gun!
hope the gun treats you right when you play later!

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 02:41 PM
That thing is ILL.

Though you might wanna get some new grips if you don't wear gloves.

I can't wait to see a vid of this thing *cough*

stylinbeaver
09-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Man. Looks like a lot of heart and soul( and $) has been put into that gun. Nice job. I like the paint job alot!

Ace24
09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Haha... Try to find Dragun style grips... and maybe I will get new ones... I personally was going to modify some dye stickies and such to fit... but then I realised how much work it would be and the chances of me messing them up and kind of gave up on the idea. I use some old JT gloves though. Trying to find some padded palm Empire ones. But I will have a video up of it once I get my tank in the mail. I'm going to try to get one of my fellow reffs to take a pic of me "posing" behind a bunker or something with it so you guys can see my "playing stance" lol.

Man. Looks like a lot of heart and soul( and $) has been put into that gun. Nice job. I like the paint job alot!

Considering I buy everything used... it wasnt that much.

Prices for parts:
T-1: $90
Trinity Feedneck: $20
CP Reg: $35 (Came with Evil guage)
CP On/Off ASA: $25
CP Rail: $10
J&J Ceramic 14" : $15
Macroline & Fittings: $12

Total: $207 (Not including Air America HPA/N2 Tank @ 68/3000 for $80)

stylinbeaver
09-24-2006, 02:52 PM
How much money have you put in it?? I'm just really noisey. lol

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Wait a min, after getting everything else but the bolt for really cheap your gona go blow 60$ on an orange wasp bolt? Seems kinda waste to me, there are plenty of other high flow bolt for a fraction of the wasp bolt's price... You should consider a bandit bolt or the tigershark bolt.

Hossy
09-24-2006, 03:00 PM
save money, spend it on your girl!

Ace24
09-24-2006, 03:01 PM
I personally love Orange bolts... its alot of money... but its not delrin... its self lubercating, its got 3 different o-ring settings, and its REALLY light weight. (My gun is heavy right now and the kick was incredible when I first got it and it was stock... looking for less kick)

Honestly, if someone can prove me otherwise on the bolt, show me some statisitics on the other bolts, prices and such, and how well they will work with an EP setup.

save money, spend it on your girl!

Oh believe me, I am saving up for her haha. I have to get her a gift or two... or three for her b-day and I want to make it special like she did for me. So I am not spending anything on paintball this month (shocker isnt it...) and putting it all into buying her something special and making her b-day amazing.

Even tonight I'm not spending anything. I have 1000 paintballs to blow through that I got for free (reffing perk) and free entry/air/tank rental for the night (another reffing perk).

Well I am off to play some paintball. Gotta pack up and head out.

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, when there have only been two reviews on PBreview, and otter hasn't got it listed in his LP guide, I sorta just looekd past it, esp. with its crazy price. I'm going to bet that whatever its made out of is just another fancy name for delrin, and while the bolt does look cool, it has to be lower flow looking at the fact that its venturi'ed. It also doesn't have an o-ring in front of the air inlet aread which is just inviting blowby.

I just weighed my sunbear bolt, its acctually lighter than the Wasp, it weighs just under 1 oz. (.95 oz. to be exact) compared to 1.6 oz. for the wasp. Not that .6 oz makes much of a difference. And the sunbear is also way overpriced (either 45 or 50 I can't remember). The Bandit bolts are basically the same as the sunbear.

Edit: I didn't mean banditbolts, I meant spudnuk'l... Spudnuk'l bolts (http://www.pbbolts.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=8539626.8730*4H5Xw8&product=Nylatron-Paintball-Bolt) The nylatron version of that bolt should be very light. Less than half the price of the wasp.

Ace24
09-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Well I forgot today was sunday and the paintball place is closed. *sigh* I got all excited too. Ugh.

This means I will have to do the review on my baby next weekend... (If I get a chance too...)

Wow that bolt is cheap... Do you have a link to the Sunbear one? Does anyone else have any information on these other bolts?

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 03:51 PM
http://www.insanepainsports.com/page2.html

The guy who runs IPS acctually posts here under the name Eagleox. While he doesn't have sunbears for most guns, I bet he'd make a Fenix one if you asked him to?

Ace24
09-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Those are sweet. But how much would he make one for me for? Would it be the same material?

The spudnuk'l bolt for the fenix looks exactly like the stock bolt for it, only in plastic haha. I might end up getting one of those if the guy cant make me a Fenix one.

I thought Orange made the venturi right though.... I know kingman with thier stock bolts screwed up, but the venturi design on the Orange bolt is completely different.

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh I dunno, someone else should answer that. I'm just tryin to save you some money.

Ace24
09-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Honestly, I want to save some money haha. How does that bolt work compared to a stock bolt? Is it like a venturi removed stock bolt? (With alot less kick and sound?)

Hossy
09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
does it have eyes?

Ace24
09-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Not yet... looking into wich eyes can work on the One Kit board. I also have to find someone who can drill the holes so that I dont screw up haha.

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I just checked otter's LP bolt chart and the spudnuk'l was the second best right behind the AKA lightening bolt. As far as I know the sunbear is essentially the same thing.

Edit: If you want lighter recoil, I just remembered that ACP has delrin t-1 rams.

Ace24
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
It says Eagleox doesnt exist... :(

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Er its Eaglelox

And look at my edited post above.

Ace24
09-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh and another thing... I cant buy from either of these guys because I dont ahve PayPal.. :( I would have to send money order. Unless someone on here can buy it for me and I sent them the MO haha. But I think i would rather buy the Spudnuk'l.

(I just sent an e-mail to the sunbear guy about spudnuk'l bolts by mistake... ****)

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Eh MO's are a pain in the butt, you should probably get a paypal account just because they're so dang useful.

Ace24
09-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Eh MO's are a pain in the butt, you should probably get a paypal account just because they're so dang useful.
First off, I'm only 17. I dont have a bank account... and I'm poor haha.

(Yes that gun was made by a 17 yr old... and that paint job isnt anno... its baked in spray paint)

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm 16 :P

I've had a bank account since I was 5ish though I thought most people did?
It wouldn't hurt ya to get a bank account either :)

Ace24
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
I have a joint account with my mother... but there isnt anything in it. Parents had to break into it and use some of the money at one point in time and I used the rest on other **** a long time ago.

Hossy
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
i think ive had a bank account since like a couple months after i was born...because my parents put money in it so i could have some....to let it grow...
if thats possible////
Ted i thought u were younger than 17?

Ace24
09-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Nope, I'm 17. Turned 17 on Aug 24th. I dont have my licence yet, although I could have had it half a year ago or so. (Youngerpeople then I am are getting their licence and its pissing me offf) although I have been driving since I was 15. (Actually since I was 6, on my fathers lap and uncles lap and with farm equp. aka tractors and such) I've had alot more driving experience then my friends combined with the trips I have driven.

I have driven in pitch black darkness in a torrential *Sp* rain storm for 2 and 1/2 hours straight, had to dodge a car that didnt stop at a stop sign, (I saved the car and my parents) and had to dodge deer.

Now I konw kids that have had their licences for a year or so and havent had the experience of that even once. (I've done it several times... traveling to my Uncles place in the southern part of NY)

ANYWAY! OFF TOPIC MUCH! lol.

Paintball0308
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
At least you can get a job, I'm 15 and all the places I go to say I have to be 16 to get a job so I have to wait 6 months. I can only go paintballing once every 2 weeks and have to share a case with my brother sometimes. The funny thing about my gun is that all my upgrades were free from friends upgrading to newer guns so I get lucky.

thechubbss12
09-25-2006, 04:42 AM
you people and your problems.... I have a Job... a well paying job.... and i have a chacking account and i have a paypal....

Ted you need me to buy the bolt for you... then i can do....

Alright back on topic.... The fenix looks awesome... I rember when it was bone stock... and you had that vid on your myspace LOL....

Ace24
09-25-2006, 10:22 AM
OMG HAHA! I have that video on google. People were like "You suck", "Spyders suck","Get an ION" hahahah. I remember those days. I thought my stock Fenix was the **** hahaha.

Yeah, when I get the money (After I buy Holly her b-day gift and such) I might need you to pick me up that bolt Sidney. That would be great.

marvin-martian
09-25-2006, 11:23 AM
im still confused as to why you say its zipped when you put T-1 kit in your sig

Ace24
09-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Because they are the same exact thing. The only difference is the trigger. A Zip kit is the same kit that a Dragun One has on it. The One Kit isnt really a kit, rather the actual parts off of a Dragun One.

Hob Hayward
09-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, its monday, get that HPA! We want to see this thing!

Ace24
09-25-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm waiting on the guy to ship it... If he already has, he hasn't notified me. (I'm getting kind of scared... hes the silent type)

I sent money to get a WeKillSuckers sandana last week and its already being shipped... I sent the money for the tank before that.... :(

Paintball0308
09-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Damn that sucks just keep pm'ing him. hopefully he responds. 3 months ago I was gonna trade and the guy keep saying he would ship it out every time I asked and then 3 weeks later he said nevermind. thank god I didnt ship first or else I might have been screwed.

newkid
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
sweet, I always thought that was a sweet marker

Ace24
09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm really tempted to buy the new black VS3 body. Then put my Zip kit on it and all the parts. I really like that body. It already has eyes too! (Could just transfer the eyes)

stylinbeaver
09-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm really tempted to buy the new black VS3 body. Then put my Zip kit on it and all the parts. I really like that body. It already has eyes too! (Could just transfer the eyes)
Would that work???

Ace24
09-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Its the same setup as the rest of the Spyders. I would imagine so. Dont you think that would look sick though? Only instead of red, I would have silver eye covers.

I just would need to find a place where I can buy the body, and the body only. (with the eye covers)

Hob Hayward
09-26-2006, 05:29 PM
interesting. I wouldn't count on the body being the same though.

Nenkitsune
09-26-2006, 06:35 PM
yeah, unless the only thing they did was modify the parts and kept the original kingman sizes for the internals. the only thing is, everything is vs series only it seems

PBBUM892
09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
hey im looking to buy the one kit. how did you find yours ive been looking everywhere and i can't find one.

Ace24
09-26-2006, 06:49 PM
We will see... but from the pics, it looks like the standard Spyder setup in the body.

hey im looking to buy the one kit. how did you find yours ive been looking everywhere and i can't find one.

I found mine on this site actually. I got it for $90. Its really hard to find them. Good luck on finding one though. Try www.pbnation.com as well. I've seen some floating around there before.

Ace24
09-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Alright Sidney... due to my recent loss of a gf.. I am going to buy that bolt. I dont have anything else to spend my money on... so I might as well. Do the pay pal thing I sent you in a PM and I will send you the MO.

Hob Hayward
09-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Ooh which are you buying?

Sucks that she wouldn't get over that, but then again, if she wouldn't get over that, then she doesn't care enough about you for it to matter, and...

Gun Parts>GF, LoL

Ace24
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Gun Parts>GF, LoL
LOL!

Yeah I am going to get the Fenix Spudnuk'l. I am also going to get the One Kit Delrin Ram from Alamo City PB too.

This gun is going to have virtually no kick! *happy dance*

Hob Hayward
09-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Scweeeeeeeet, I cannot wait to see this thing rippin!

Ace24
09-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Providing my LPC doesnt leak. Going to find out sun. Its not all the way tightened because if I do, the macroline fitting for the sole is under the barrel and it doesnt fit... (leave it to me to get defective parts right? first it was the trigger frame, now this) So I have it teffloned as much as I can... We shall see.

But yeah when I get those in there... its going to be a the scariest Fenix 90% of the people I will play with have ever seen... hehehe.

Hob Hayward
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
With plenty of teflon it should be fine.

Paintball0308
09-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Get a video of it when its done. Also good luck testing it on sunday.

Ace24
10-01-2006, 09:30 AM
WOOT! I am going to test it today! I will bring my Kodak Easyshare, try to get a video, and I will have a fellow ref take my pic "posing" most likely. (I dont want to get the cam shot, as it is around a $600 cam... well it was when I bought it... its still expencive though)

So wish me luck! Hopefully nothing leaks and it works just as I hoped. But if it doesnt, I have all my tools and extra parts and I am ready to tweak. *so excited*

Hopefully this will also get my mind off of my breakup.

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Good luck, tell us how it goes

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I can't wait :D have fun!

Ace24
10-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Wow that was fun. Well the gun is AMAZING. But... I need a QEV. It's not keeping up with my fingers.

I tell ya, four months of not playing really screws you up. I got out there and I was shaking from excitement and I couldnt keep the gun level... I couldnt hit anyone haha. I got really close... but the combo of my air being low, (didnt realise it untill the last game) and the need for a QEV, I was getting irritated.

The gun is so much quieter now, its accurate as hell, and it feels amazing. There is still significant recoil that will be solved with the Delrin Ram and Spudnuk'l bolt. I was wondering what I should have the Dwell on... I couldnt figure out what a good setting was because I only played 4 games. They actually had the balls to make me ref part of today because a guy called in "sick". Ugh. So I didnt even have a chance to get unrusty/used to the new settings on the gun. I have to say though, the initial reaction from the people there was dropped jaws and awe. It was an amazing feeling. My friend and his team were there, and this other team asked me to be in a tourny with them. That made me feel good haha.

So now, I need to purchase:
Spudnuk'l Bolt
Delrin One Ram
QEV
New guage ( the one I just got lost its faceplate and the little sticker/ring thing with the letters/numbers on it started turning and scaring me. I thought I was doing 600 psi into the gun when I realised it turned every time I shot lol.)

The gun was running at 180 psi, 250FPS. Its very consistant too. It will go up one or down one, but it stays in a small grouping of fluctuation of 3. (Huge change from before.... it would go all over)

I have a video of me dry firing it in the staging area a tid... I couldnt get any field videos because I didnt want to screw around, I wanted to play, considering there was only 4 games I could play in. I will have that uploaded shortly and post it below.

All in all. I am VERY happy with the gun. As soon as I replace what needs to be replaced and keep practicing with it, I'm sure its going to serve me well. What amazed me was that there were no leaks. WHAT SO EVER!

EDIT: VIDEO BELOW:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/th_SpyderZenixtest10-01-06001.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/?action=view&current=SpyderZenixtest10-01-06001.flv)

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see the vid!

Ace24
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Its not going to be special... just dry firing for like 3 seconds lol. But you can see how it operates anyway. I will get some pics of me playing and hopefully a video of it ripping through paint in a bit, when my tank comes. Untill then, this will be a teaser lol.

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 03:10 PM
That looked sweet, would love to see a longer video if you have the time

Ace24
10-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Yes, I will have a good one up soon. Hopefully I can get a reff to photograph me too. So yeah... another week... lol. I'm just hoping I didnt get scammed out of this tank thats "Suppose to come"

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Man that happened to me a couple of weeks, ago my paypal acount was wiped out so I sent a money order and I got scammed

Ace24
10-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Did you file a police report? You should act on that.

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I should... What process do you have to go through to do that

Ace24
10-01-2006, 03:28 PM
I am dealing with this right now on PBN, lemme find the post where a guy told me what to do....

Get together with the other people who have been scammed. Coordinate with each other. All of you need to do the following things.
1. File police reports with your local PD. Then all of you contact his local PD and file said charges providing them with the police reports from your local PD. Try to speak to the same guy at his local PD.
2. File mail fraud charges. http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors...dComplaint.htm
3. File a IFCC complaint: http://www.ic3.gov/
4. Use www.411.com to use the reverse lookup feature to find a phone number for him/her.
5. You can also contact your state attorney general and file with their cyber crime department, who will contact the local police departments and speed the process along.

Keep contacting the police on a regular basis.
Contact his parents if he is under 18.

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Is there any real way to prove anything, since I payed via MO

Ace24
10-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Do you have the recepit?

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 03:58 PM
No, so it is partly my fault

Ace24
10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm going to try to order the parts today. The tank guy is shipping today, and I am searching for a cheap QEV that will fit in the T-1 ram housing.

08Lud08
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Heres a link of how to put a qev on a t1 (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385569). Its post #2-4

Ace24
10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks man!

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds

08Lud08
10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Your welcome. I was reading about the T-1 before and remembered that.

Ace24
10-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Wow I cant wait to get this gun completely done.

08Lud08
10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I also want to start other project gun. My Lp imagine is almost done(need a spring kit and gauge). The next three guns I want for projects are an Ion, Rex rx(bassically the same gun as yours), and the vs2. I cant wait to get a job so I can start.

Ace24
10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
****! The Spudnuk'l bolt site is down for purchasing! I cant buy the bolt! WTF! Who owns it? Is there any other way of me contacting him?

Hob Hayward
10-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow, that SUCKS. I thought you had already bought it though?

Ace24
10-04-2006, 08:28 PM
No I was planning on doing it today. When I went to do it.... the sales page wasnt there. The entire store is down. The Spudnuk'l homepage still works though.

I ordered the Delrin Ram from ACP. That should be comming soon. I've also got a Bob Long guage on the way, and I picked up a Dye one from PBGrandpa just incase one breaks.

So now all I need are the QEV and the Spudnuk'l bolt.

Hob Hayward
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.bradyspaintball.com/ecaudqev.html

12$...

Ace24
10-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah, they arnt in stock though.

Ace24
10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Yay! I got my Delrin T-1 Ram... wow is it light. I also got one of my gauges. So now I am waiting on the tank (still, the kid keeps saying hes going to get it out and keeps apoligising because of his moving to another town/area and saying hes going to throw in something extra), waiting for the Spudnuk'l site to come back up so I can buy one of their bolts, and waiting for my Empire tank cover. OH YEAH! My half clear shell too.

I dont know if you guys have ever seen the half and half hoppers, but I have always wanted to do that. So now its going to be half clear half black. (My gun is silver and black so its going to match ok) I'm not sure if I should paint the inside with a fade from black to the clear or not. If I paint it, I take a chance of screwing up (I can practice on some old cracked shells first though) and I also take the chance of the paint being sticky and the paintballs sticking to it. (Maybe I should experiment on the broken halfs)

God this project is taking too long! I also still need that QEV.

BTW, on the subject of the QEV. How am I suppose to get it inside of the T-1 Ram housing? Is it really small enough to get in there? Will I have to drill it out? What will I have to do?

Oh and another thing. Will it hurt my Delrin Ram to be put in with the aluminum bolt? I thought it might be a bad idea since its going to take more force to push the aluminum bolt then it would with the nylatron bolt. Hence putting alot of pressure on the delrin and cracking/shattering it? Am I right? Or is that just a silly notion?

Hob Hayward
10-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I doubt it'd have any problems but at the rate you're geting your tank it might not actually matter...

Can't wait to see this thing finnaly. This is way off topic but I basically finished my LP Spyder internally on sat when my rocket valve got here with my DH striker. Anyways. there is NO kick, at least when dry firing. Like I balanced the gun and fired, it didn't move at all, in any case you can't feel anything. Will it make a difference with paint? I guess I'll go find out because I'm bored..

Edit:boo, there IS kick when shooting balls, however it is nice that its very minimal.

08Lud08
10-09-2006, 12:39 PM
It would be funny if you buy the bolt and then the kid that you bought the tank from gives you a Spudnuk'l bolt as the something extra with the tank.

Ace24
10-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Rofl... considering the Spudnuk'l site is down and no one can buy anything... ugh. I might have to settle with a sunbear bolt... for like $15 more...

Rux
10-11-2006, 11:53 PM
OH YEAH! My half clear shell too.
I dont know if you guys have ever seen the half and half hoppers, but I have always wanted to do that. So now its going to be half clear half black.
I saw someone this weekend with half black half white, looked sweet. Half clear should look way cool on your fenix.

vikingshadow
10-12-2006, 04:47 AM
BTW, on the subject of the QEV. How am I suppose to get it inside of the T-1 Ram housing? Is it really small enough to get in there? Will I have to drill it out? What will I have to do?

Don't know if you got your answer yet, but the QEV goes underneath the back of the RAM cap where the hose from the noid connects, so it's not actually in the housing. Since you already know you need the adapter, all you do is pull the ram out of the gun, disconnect the quick connect and unscrew it from the ram, screw the adapter in and then the QEV.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works, if it's the same design as the T1. I can't really remember the Zip kit that well, but I seem to remember it was pretty close to the same.

On the Delrin ram, one thing I noticed with the one I tested was that I had to adjust my pressure quite a bit and that I had troubles getting it to regulate. I don't think it'll hurt it using the aluminum bolt - there's not that much more pressure being used to move the bolt.

Ace24
10-12-2006, 05:38 PM
OHH! I thought it went inside! Ok. But yes, the Zip kit and T-1 are the same thing... the only difference is in the trigger frame. The trigger frame on the zip kit has a different trigger and slightly different shape. The ramcap, LPR, VA, and stock reg and asa tha come with it are the same.

Someone is seeing if they can get me a Eclipse QEV, if they still have it lieing around hehe.

The kid said he didnt get the tank out once again though.

Were you able to send it out yesterday?
no i am gonna shoot myself seriously. i suck at life. i am sorry once again.

Same excuses over and over... moving... couldnt find the place... found the place but busy moving... couldnt get it out.... wtf. I WANT MY TANK :(

I've got my hard to find Empire tank cover, nipple cover on the way, and this cool thingy I am going to put on it... but no tank. *sigh*

This is why its bad to do buisness with kids on PBN whom rely on their parents to help them get the stuff out. Ugh. (No offence to anyone)

I might need some help chewing this kid out haha.

Ace24
10-16-2006, 12:26 PM
My gun setup has changed again. More additions are added to it. I now have a half clear, half black Z-eggy, Killa Detent, Delrin t-1 Ram, and a Bob Long gauge on it.

Still no response on the tank though. I am extremely pissed. I am too kind hearted and I keep giving him more chances because he keeps feeding me excuses about moving. Enough is enough though. What should I tell him?

stylinbeaver
10-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Tell him to send your $$ back or you'll file a police report. Or if he's really young, tell him your buying a ticket for a plane and flying out there to have a lil "talk" with him.:)

Ace24
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
He still lives with his parents aparently. But I dont want the money back. I want the damn tank. The money has probably already been used anyway.

Dude, if you dont send this tank out this week, I am going to have to be forced to take action. I dont care what your excuse is... if you couldnt ship it out, you shouldnt have had up the sales thread.

Lets not make this complicated. I have given you way to long to get this tank out and I am done playing around. It doesnt take you this long to move. I know because I helped a GF move from NY to FL in a matter of one week. Everything was bought, moved in, and we even drove down with her belongings.

Thats what I just sent him.

kidonfire
10-17-2006, 09:48 PM
He still lives with his parents aparently. But I dont want the money back. I want the damn tank. The money has probably already been used anyway.

Thats what I just sent him.

Sweet. tell us how he replies.

Ace24
10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
He didnt reply. So I sent him another telling him that if he doesnt send out the tank this week, reply to this message, and get me a tracking number by the end of this week, the police will be called, he will be filed with mail fraud. So he can do things the easy way or the hard way.

He replied to that and said hes sending it today. But I havent had a PM yet today telling me that he has it in the mail.

kidonfire
10-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for a step by step tutorial on how you did everything :p . My mouth drops every time I look at it, you really did an amazing job :applause: :thumbup: .

Ace24
10-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Haha I dont really have a step by step, but when I get home I can put up pics of when I painted it. Umm... I can also go through the process of T-1ing the gun. Its not hard at all.

PWNDuAgain
10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
That's a lot of money to spend on a Fenix... Pretty stupid.

Darkh2o
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
That's a lot of money to spend on a Fenix... Pretty stupid.

Stupid??? I think not. Like I said to you in another post...It's all about doing it yourself, taking pride in what you do and experimenting with something different.

PWNDuAgain
10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
and screwing it up, spending too much money on a Spyder and still having to spend more to get Tippman that works.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Tippman's FTL. I hate Tippman's. Why would I buy a Tippman over a Spyder? I dont know if you have noticed, but I play speedball with my Spyder.

You don't know what your talking about. I didn't screw it up. The gun works like a dream. It is more consistant than I ever imagined, and its one of a kind. Thats what I was aiming for. If I wanted to buy a gun that did the same thing, I would go out and get a Promaster. But why get a Promaster, wich everyone who doesnt have an ION has, when I can make a gun that NO ONE has.

Do you understand what the operation of the gun is? The Fenix I just built I mean? Its actually not that much money put in, considering the parts that are on it.

If your going to ridicule me for making a unique gun and spending money on it, thats one thing (You should see the money Shunut put into his godlike Spimmy) but NEVER compare my gun to a Tippman, or say that I would have to buy one of those things because my gun doesnt work.

Thank you.

Oscum Guy
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
That thing is ILL.

Though you might wanna get some new grips if you don't wear gloves.

I can't wait to see a vid of this thing *cough*
i was thinking that when i saw the pics to. i got a dye sticky for my electra and its awesome. the only bad thing is the screws it comes with dont fit and it dosent show the whole camd. but you did an awesome job.

oh and yeah tippmans do suck

bamf-hacker
10-19-2006, 12:27 PM
boys play nice...

If he likes Tippmans that is his prerogative.

And no offense buddy but, comparing shunut's spimmy to your fenix to it is like comparing a Yugo to a Lexus. It could have cost him $1,000,000 and it would still be worth it.

Oscum Guy
10-19-2006, 12:50 PM
boys play nice...

And no offense buddy but, comparing shunut's spimmy to your fenix to it is like comparing a Yugo to a Lexus. It could have cost him $1,000,000 and it would still be worth it.
what does prerogative mean? anyway this is a spyder forum so spyders are the best hear. right?

bamf-hacker
10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
what does prerogative mean? anyway this is a spyder forum so spyders are the best hear. right?

Definitions of prerogative on the Web:

a right reserved exclusively by a particular person or group

So if someone wants to like a particular marker or brand go right ahead.

and Spyder's are excellent markers. I love mine and everyone I have shot, but they are not the only marker made.

Just because this is the Spyder Online Community, does not mean we bash every other marker brand/model, instead have an equal respect for all the markers and have your own favorites.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
boys play nice...

I know his took alot more work and is a better gun then mine, but I was just saying that for someone to say that its not worth putting that kind of money into a gun is basicly flaming both Shunut and I and everyone else out there that has made a Spimmy.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok, after I get this QEV, I have desided to go with eyes too. I am also going to pick up the Dragun T-board from Scenario Dreams for it. (Hopefully the solenoid wont have to be replaced when I install it.... the other stock board I got for it gave me troubles)

What color eyes do you guys think would look good in it? I was thinking red, since the BL Gauge, and CP emblems have red on them... it would kind of match the color theme.

I also have to get that bolt. Spudnuk'l bolts still hasnt come back online and running yet... so I might have to buy a Sunbear one. I just want a light weight nylatron bolt. So after the bolt, QEV, T-board and eyes. I will be done. (Untill I get it annoed)

This project keeps getting longer and longer... and considering I am not spending anymore on paintball stuff for a while... untill I save up the $270 needed for a Nintendo Wii... Its going to be around December before I get it done.

I am scared to tap the holes required for the eyes though... Where do you place the eyes in the frame? Middle of the chamber area right? Below the feedneck?

Berserker
10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
and screwing it up, spending too much money on a Spyder and still having to spend more to get Tippman that works.

Rite on, meh frend. Tipmans ftw! Wut kind of tipman you got, enyways?

Spen 2 much muny - its still a spyder. Due wut you want, but it always gonna be a spyder - I hate my spyder. My frend just got a tipman and it teh bestzors.

pb34
10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
This thread isn't about discussing what kind of Tippmans you guys have or if you think that it was a waste of money. Its about discussing the project ending and any upgrades that are getting added.

08Lud08
10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
It doesnt matter because his gun is basically not a spyder any more. It just has the same body.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Um, its not a Spyder period. The only thing from a Spyder is the body.

They just dont understand what potential Spyder bodies have for customisability.

The closest thing you can relate it to is probably a Promaster. They are both spring return EP markers. *At least I think*

Hob Hayward
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I dunno who those people are, but they do just so happen to be morons. Why? SPyders have 10x the upgradeability of tippmanns, my Just finished LP spyder is teh pwnage. Tippmanns are good for those sort of people who can't be bothered to maintain a gun, or understand it.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Or that want to spend $100's on external viewing pleasure parts that have nothing to do with the operation of the gun. :dodgy:

Ace24
10-19-2006, 06:31 PM
New pic of the gun up.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2586copy.jpg

This was taken today. It showes the BL Gauge, Half and Half shell, and the Killa detent.

PWNDuAgain
10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah, that is pretty ugly...

Get a real gun, and it does not need to be a Tippman. Just get anything but that!

vwjimmy
10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Ace,
I have a eyed Fenix....
lmk when you are ready and I will send you some pics....
The eyes go at the very BOTTOM of the chamber...if you put them in the middle, it will fire before the ball is all the way in the chamber....

Ace24
10-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that is pretty ugly...

Get a real gun, and it does not need to be a Tippman. Just get anything but that!

A real gun? Have you any idea what that gun is capable of?

Ugh this guy is pissing me off.

Anyway, Jimmy, when you get a chance, PM me the pics. I think I know what your talking about. Also, would I have to tap for deul detents? Do the detents go in the eye covers? I am very confused on the subject.

vwjimmy
10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, the detents stick to the covers....
I will send you a pictorial this weekend, and your confusion will be over.
You can PM me with any questions you have as well....
Zenix looks nice :)

Ace24
10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Lmao, Zenix... Whats better? Zenix, Zipix, Zydix or Zippixer?

vwjimmy
10-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Zenix FTW!!!!!! :)

PWNDuAgain
10-19-2006, 07:46 PM
how about hi-jinx!

What is it capable of? Right now nothing there is pages and pages of you trying to get parts. Have you shot the gun yet?

Make a video and prove me wrong, but I think it is junk.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
There is a video. I have played with it. Its incredible...

I dont know if you understand what an electropneumatic system is... but this gun is not a Spyder. The operation has been changed from a blow back, to a blow forward. Air passes through the reg, into the VA, into the LPR wich has a hose that leads into the solenoid, wich when opened releases air into the ram cap, moving the bolt and ram forward. The ram then hits the valve, opening it at the same time the bolt goes forward, and shooting the ball. A spring then returns the bolt to its starting "Cocked" position.

The QEV I need will make it so that the bolt moves back faster, the eyes will prevent chops, and the bolt will lighten the recoil... even though there is hardly any.

Right now the gun is more consistant then the ION's, Shockers, and DM's at my field. *Ego's and Autocockers were around the same consistancy*

The gun is beyond low pressure. It shoots at 180-190psi at 250fps.

pb34
10-19-2006, 08:13 PM
I think these guys are just trolls.

rafb86
10-19-2006, 08:23 PM
how about hi-jinx!

What is it capable of? Right now nothing there is pages and pages of you trying to get parts. Have you shot the gun yet?

Make a video and prove me wrong, but I think it is junk.

someone really needs to ban this guy....

but anyways the fenix looks hot ace !!! very well done

stylinbeaver
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
how about hi-jinx!
How about Hi-jacking!! That's what your doing to Ace's thread. Looking good ace. Can't wait to see it when it's all done!

Berserker
10-20-2006, 06:03 AM
i think the same as pwnd. i want to see the video and pruf. this is 12 pages long and no video jus I need this and i need that. i thin k its just geting atension is all. put the video on and pruve me and him rong. i don think its that low presur too. come on give us pruf!

vikingshadow
10-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Ok, enough of the flames. Ace, put the video up so these kids will shut up about it already.

This is Ace's thread, you don't like it, stay out!

PWNDuAgain
10-20-2006, 06:37 AM
i think the same as pwnd. i want to see the video and pruf. this is 12 pages long and no video jus I need this and i need that. i thin k its just geting atension is all. put the video on and pruve me and him rong. i don think its that low presur too. come on give us pruf!

Listen man... If you would like to associate yourself with me, then please post in a language we can all understand.

Use a spell checker and stop jumping on my band wagon.

Sorry back to thread topic in hand, The super modified Fenix

Berserker
10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Hey - I dont jump no ones bandwagon. I just agre with u. As far as u go, ur as stoopid as teh rest and thats teh troth.

Ace24
10-20-2006, 08:06 AM
THE VIDEO IS UP. THERE IS A SHORT CLIP OF THE GUN ON THE FIRST PAGE. Holy crap. Why is that so hard to find... :(

I am going to have a longer video up when I get my items in, probably next weekend when I have a chance to play and I am not working or hanging out with friends.

kidonfire
10-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey - I dont jump no ones bandwagon. I just agree with u. As far as u go, your as stupid as the rest and thats the truth.

Please, proof-read your post . I found a few spelling errors that could be easily fixed by reading your post before you post it.

PWNDuAgain
10-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Wow ok now you made me a believer :dodgy: Are you kidding me?

We don't need a video of you twisting on the ASA! Then you shoot, sorry dry fire, 4 or 5 times.

How about a video? You know one with paint and maybe more than a few shots. So far I see nothing other than an expensive Spyder, and that is not impressive!

Ace24
10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll get a longer video up probably next weekend. I dont have time to play this weekend due to working today, working tomorrow and hanging out with Maggie on sunday.

Oscum Guy
10-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Ok, after I get this QEV, I have desided to go with eyes too. I am also going to pick up the Dragun T-board from Scenario Dreams for it. (Hopefully the solenoid wont have to be replaced when I install it.... the other stock board I got for it gave me troubles)

What color eyes do you guys think would look good in it? I was thinking red, since the BL Gauge, and CP emblems have red on them... it would kind of match the color theme.

I also have to get that bolt. Spudnuk'l bolts still hasnt come back online and running yet... so I might have to buy a Sunbear one. I just want a light weight nylatron bolt. So after the bolt, QEV, T-board and eyes. I will be done. (Untill I get it annoed)

This project keeps getting longer and longer... and considering I am not spending anymore on paintball stuff for a while... untill I save up the $270 needed for a Nintendo Wii... Its going to be around December before I get it done.

I am scared to tap the holes required for the eyes though... Where do you place the eyes in the frame? Middle of the chamber area right? Below the feedneck?
yeah. i tryin to save money for a wii too. nintendo is the best.

Ace24
10-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Sony and Nintendo FTW.

08Lud08
10-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Did you get that tank yet? but heres another funny thing some guy on pbnation wants to trade his shocker for my clarinet. Hopefully hes not ****ting me.

Nenkitsune
10-22-2006, 07:50 PM
hmm your thing about the eyes, if i'm not mistaken they should centered to the feedneck, but on the bottom area of the breech.

Ace24
10-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Did you get that tank yet? but heres another funny thing some guy on pbnation wants to trade his shocker for my clarinet. Hopefully hes not ****ting me.

The kid keeps saying hes going to ship them......... but I currently have him posted as a scammer because of his tardyness in shipping it. So we will see. Looks like hes the only one I have to file mail fraud against though. The guy with the pants came through and said hes had stuff to do and thats why he didnt reply/send the pants sooner. (I dont see how having stuff to do and being able to get on the computer and look at the messages I sent him, but not reply makes any sence.)

Ace24
10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Woo! So I have the tank. Have had it since monday. Tank is great, in great condition. I added a gauge to my ASA to show the output of the tank, so now I have 2 gauges on the gun and 1 on the tank.

I got to talk to the Sunbear bolt guy. I'm going to have him make me a one of a kind Nylatron Fenix bolt with the angled exaust thinger to use less air (like a spudnuk'l bolt) and he will take my bolt, and match the dimentions exactly to it for $60. I would rather put $60 into a non-venturi'd bolt than the Orange Wasp Venturi'd bolt. *Pluss this thing would be the only one in existance... making my gun even more rare*

I am also putting Red eyes from Scenario dreams in when I get my T-board, Empire 7 peice barrel kit, and QEV. All of wich are being bought as we speak. After I get the t-board I will pick up the Red Eyes, at that time, I'm going to need you, Jimmy to send me the taping instructions to put in the eyes on the '03 Fenix frame as well as the eye covers.

What kind of detents are good that come for eye covers? Are Timmy detents good?

vwjimmy
10-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Yes, Timmy detents are good......
..and I will send you the pics this weekend :)
Is my eye safe now ;)

Ace24
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Hehehehe :D

Threats always work to get peoples attention... lol.

vikingshadow
10-26-2006, 04:34 AM
Good lord - this thread is still alive???

vwjimmy
10-26-2006, 05:42 AM
LOL

Ace24
10-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I keep adding stuff to my gun and posting them... and asking questions. I'm not going to make a whole slew of threads for the same thing, so why not keep it alive?

vikingshadow
10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm not going to make a whole slew of threads for the same thing, so why not keep it alive?

Um, which one? This thread or the 4 others about the same gun? Dude, I'm not flaming you, but jeez-o-peez man....you wanted people to remember it - well, I think they will now!

08Lud08
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
He wants his gun to be a legend

bamf-hacker
10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Um, which one? This thread or the 4 others about the same gun? Dude, I'm not flaming you, but jeez-o-peez man....you wanted people to remember it - well, I think they will now!

Let this thread DIE

Ace24
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Let this thread DIE
This is the one thread I want to keep open lol. I might have it deleted after I get the gun finished, because then I wont have any more questions. But for now, I need it and the information in it.

After I completely finish the gun I will post a new thread showing the progress, the time it took to build, and have the video (wich I am in the process of making in my spare time) and progress pics up.

marvin-martian
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
glad to see im not the only one whos sick and tired of hearing about this marker...

shunut
10-26-2006, 05:51 PM
He wants his gun to be a legend

Its a decent gun, but nowhere near "Legend" status.

glad to see im not the only one whos sick and tired of hearing about this marker...

:yeahthat:

bamf-hacker
10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
OK Ace do this... make one more post in the thread then just edit that post. I don't want to see this on my front page anymore. I cant take it.

Those that want to follow your progress can find it in search.

how does that sound :)