PDA

View Full Version : I g0t A CaR YaY!!!

.21'[~tw!tch*
09-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Yay For car,

1989 Mustang Notch Back.
Really Solid Car Im really Happy wit it.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3005/mustang89cropda0.jpg

Thats Me and My stang and this is a Side Profile view.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8657/stangs5decr6bz5.jpg
I love it.
It's a Project car.
I'm gonna rebuild her My way ;-)
But the right way too.
I'm prolly gonna drop around 6-8 grand in her.

.;p3ace:.

Paintball0308
09-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Its nice but its not my style. What are you planning on doing to it.

xtraking
09-24-2006, 07:59 AM
thats cool, not really a fan of 80s mustangs in general, but still you have a car, thats cool.

Dave

shunut
09-24-2006, 08:03 AM
My cousin is a mechanic and has one like that. You wouldn't expect it to be anything special if you looked at it but he has every possible thing done to the engine, its supercharged, ect... He laid down some rubber for us at a family reunion and I swear he spun the wheels for a 1/4 of a mile.

Congrats have fun hookin it up. If you ever need any help or tools let me know and I can help.

durrell
09-24-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm a Mustang fan but I never did like those Fox bodies..but they can be tweaked like crazy. Have fun with it.

vwjimmy
09-24-2006, 08:28 AM
My son is rolling in a 93 'vert Fox Bodied 'Stang....
I built it and he loves it....me too, it has been very reliable!
Nice notchie!!!

.21'[~tw!tch*
09-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Well Im gonna make this car really nice.

For starters the Enginbe in it is Going to be fun to blow cuz I'm getting a 351 to throw in it.
I'm gonna Go the whole nine like Edlebrock heads and stuff.
My dad Is a Master Bodyman and a very accomplished mechanic.
Plus he has worked on thousands of these models. He was Working for a ford repair shop when they came out.
He knows them top to bottom.

I'm leaving it white, and I'm gonna Do a white and black theme.
I'm putting the 351 with stainless exhaust and all the good stuff Under it.
And I'm gonna Gt body kit it.
It's Gonna be fast.
I might Super it, cant decide I really like turbos too.

Just as a Concept, not even close to colors I want but this is a good Idea.
http://mustangdaren.web.aplus.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/april052.jpg

Baller-59
09-24-2006, 09:54 AM
firstly, you have an LX with the inline 4. Putting a V8 in there is gonna be more trouble than it's worth. secondly learn how to put a paragraph together.

vwjimmy
09-24-2006, 10:38 AM
firstly, you have an LX with the inline 4. Putting a V8 in there is gonna be more trouble than it's worth. secondly learn how to put a paragraph together.
Not true....Fox bodies came with a 5.0 stock too in the same compartment.....a big block will be tight...fun project though.....
My sons is a turbo 4, cammed to the max wih an exhaust I built from scratch.....still looks like a stock LX on the outside!!!
Secondly, If putting a proper paragraph together is required to share here we are all in trouble except Vike.....

Ace24
09-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I dont like notch backs... I honestly dont like that era of mustang at all. I might have to settle for one.. but I dont like them. I will be looking for a 70's- early 80's Firebird/Trans Am, Camaro of the same age, or a NEW Mustang, or before the 80's Mustang.

Have fun with it though, they are good cars. But what ever you do... please dont throw a turbo in it... That sounds like **** on a muscle car. Takes away the roar/meaness/rough feeling to the car. Makes it feel like a Japanese sports car. Eh.. Supercharger yes... turbo no.

DFSniper
09-24-2006, 12:10 PM
worst body style IMO, but hey, at least you HAVE a car...

colonel_moo
09-24-2006, 12:35 PM
I will be looking for a 70's- early 80's Firebird/Trans Am, Camaro of the same age

yeah, im a firebird/camaro fan myself. anything between 77-90 is nice in my book.

.21'[~tw!tch*
09-24-2006, 12:48 PM

mAN you Must be a car expert huh.
Well I Will have absolutely No problem building it.
I'm getting the Engine for close to 1000$ and The machanic Portion is a breeze when Your family Owns a Shop.
So more trouble than its worth I say Hell No.

As for Putting together a Proper paragraph i really Don't Give a $#@%
It's A forum Board If you cant read what im saying then don't look at it.

shunut
09-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Lets play nice kids. To quote my mom, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all."

Santy
09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Lets play nice kids. To quote my mom, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all."

Your mom so totally took that from my mom. :dodgy:

Ace24
09-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Your mom so totally took that from my mom. :dodgy:
No he took it from my moms mom... who took it from her mother, whos mother took it from her grandmother. SO THERE! :dodgy:

Baller-59
09-24-2006, 04:45 PM
mAN you Must be a car expert huh.
Well I Will have absolutely No problem building it.
I'm getting the Engine for close to 1000$ and The machanic Portion is a breeze when Your family Owns a Shop.
So more trouble than its worth I say Hell No.

As for Putting together a Proper paragraph i really Don't Give a $#@%
It's A forum Board If you cant read what im saying then don't look at it.

I'm just letting you know in advance you're gonna have to do a lot more than just put a motor in there and call it good.

Do you just sporadically hit the shift key or something? It's the only thing I can think of tO caUse soMEthing likE this to hAppen.

vwjimmy
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
He said his Father was an experienced bodyman and technician....
I am too and my kids and I get into doing those kind of auto projects...
And for me, it IS like put a new powertrain in there and call it good, so I'm sure his father is as capable of it as I am......

.21'[~tw!tch*
09-24-2006, 08:39 PM
He said his Father was an experienced bodyman and technician....
I am too and my kids and I get into doing those kind of auto projects...
And for me, it IS like put a new powertrain in there and call it good, so I'm sure his father is as capable of it as I am......

See VW jim Knows Whats Up. And YeS I D0 JuSt SpaRatIcaLLy HiT ThE SpacE BaR :-P

Um well Im going to have the motor Built pull the original redo All the Motor Mounts and Mounting harware etc. and Then Im Going to Place the New Fourspeed Trans and The Motor In it. ? Hmm seems Easy to me.
Have You not Worked On A fox Body, there Uber easy.
Plus It helpd that My dad Is a 38 year Veteran In the Car world

Yeah Funny thing is Our auto shop Focuses On mainly restoring Volkswagens :-D
Yay For Volkswagens.

Baller-59
09-25-2006, 12:47 PM
you might want to do some fact finding on the swap that you want to do before you think about talking smack to me about not having a clue.

shunut
09-25-2006, 01:02 PM
This is a final warning to both of you. You are both walking a fine line and I will have absolutely no problem banning either or both of you. So take your problems off this forum or you yourself will find yourself off this forum.

.21'[~tw!tch*
09-29-2006, 02:23 AM
It's All Good Shut, I'm Done.
I just get angered When What I'm talking about happens to be somthing That I deal with alot and others Just jump in, Saying I'm Not Knowleged Enough or that I can't do it.

Baller-59
09-30-2006, 10:18 AM
It's All Good Shut, I'm Done.
I just get angered When What I'm talking about happens to be somthing That I deal with alot and others Just jump in, Saying I'm Not Knowleged Enough or that I can't do it.

enough is enough. I don't care if I get banned for this but you've failed to address half of the concerns needed to perform a swap like a 302 or 351 into a fox. look here and educate yourself: http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/v8/v8.htm

with spending about 45 secondss on google and googling "fox body 302 swap" I have effectively proven that you are the one who doesn't have a clue.

Ban me. I don't care. It was honestly worth it.

shunut
09-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't want to see any responses to these last 2 post. Anyone who does will receive a permanent vacation.

marvin-martian
09-30-2006, 10:46 AM
:(
so much hostility on the boards recently. its sad.

conradl
09-30-2006, 10:55 AM
:(
so much hostility on the boards recently. its sad.

VS contest it tearing us apart!! We got to stay strong in times like this. LOL

bamf-hacker
09-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Stay on topic!!!

DisIsMyUsername
09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
lmao!!

i dunno but i can picture bamf spazzing out saying that.

shunut
10-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Staying on topic means you go back you read the first post and you post about that. If you can't understand and follow that simple rule maybe we can help you find a different forum. This thread is about twitch's new car, if you don't have anything to say about it then don't post, period.

.21'[~tw!tch*
10-01-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm getting New Speakers For it soon.

I have the donor 5.0 for the suspension and Idk If I wanna Go as Big as a 351 anymore. It's Controversal Cause I have a 5.0 at my dissposal. I could have My friend Eric Build that. It all Injected and Crazy fun. Then The best Part is it has the After Market ECM so I don't have to Search around for that. Kinda Found It by luck.

Oh yah, He Baller-59, I don't to have beef, I never said that You didn't have a clue I just didnt feel Like getting into detail. You just Jumped On my case about how I can't do it when All the things you were reffering to Were takin into consideration Long time Before I bought the car. I understand How the Swap works.

I understand the wieght difference mount difference and the Obviouse ECM.
What I was saying is that I don't have to worry About any of that. My dad Has done Hundreds of them and He is Going to "TEACH" me Cause I'm no pro. He has been Telling me what to look for parts wise and what it's gonna do.

On behalf Of Twitch's Alternate Personality I Appologize. :-P
Sorry Mods.

.21'[~tw!tch*
10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh yah , :-P Daytime Pics.

http://www.mssimages.com/uploads/20061002/20061002_Car1_11597733401252997576.JPG

http://www.mssimages.com/uploads/20061002/20061002_car2_11597733791054928168.JPG

My In line Four, I can't wait to drop that. Good for gas I guess..

http://www.mssimages.com/uploads/20061002/20061002_Motor1_11597734471244571692.JPG

3**somthin will Look nice in there.