PDA

View Full Version : Types of pb

Daddy360
09-23-2006, 04:36 PM
What are the different game types of paintball? And how are they played?

Recon by Fire
09-23-2006, 05:47 PM
There is only one game of paintball. Anything after that is all gravy.

pbfreak3221
09-23-2006, 06:08 PM
There are a ton, X ball, Woodsball, Scenario games, and speedball just too name a few

Hob Hayward
09-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Well the main things are Speedball, Woodsball and Scenario. Then you have subversions of each etc.

Hossy
09-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Well the main things are Speedball, Woodsball and Scenario. Then you have subversions of each etc.

yep hes right.

Speedball is when your playing behind blow up bunkers, basically what is on tv is speedball.

Woodsball is paintball in the woods, easy as that.

Scenario is basically you in the woods, or on a field, or whatever, trying to accomplish a mission. theres one in Jim Thorpe, PA...this year tehre were over 4000 people there...i dont know the exact number, but its one of the larger games

vikingshadow
09-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Actually, speedball around here is played on a pallet field. The bunkers are made of wooden pallets and plywood. There are different sizes of fields - and you can play a variety of types - capture the flag, play to the last man, etc....

Airball is most commonly known as speedball and what everyone usually associates it with. Those are the supair and the other types of air up bunkers - same games usually played as on the pallet fields.

There are also spool fields, hyperball fields, towns (played in old houses or buildings built specifically for this) etc and you can play capture the flag, hostage rescue, specific missions, last man standing, so on...

Woodsball is played in the woods, and there are DOZENS of games you can play - hunter/prey (one or two are the "prey" and the hunters "hunt" them. As the prey shoot the hunters, the hunters become the prey. Goes until the prey are eliminated.) Capture the flag/fort, defend and capture, specific missions, etc. I started a game back in my woodsball days that ran for a specific amount of time - say 30 minutes. If you got shot within that time, you ran back to the staging area and made a mark for the other team. Then you insert back in at the starting area and play some more. At the end of the time period, the team with the most marks wins. There are dozens of other games you can play in the woods as well.

Outlaw is usually the same as woodsball, just played somewhere that isn't a field with set rules, usually no chronograph, and usually at a place you might get in trouble for playing at. Same games as woodsball and speedball.

Scenario is usually played in the woods or on a town field, or whatever and usually follow some kind of battle theme. The games are already set and you complete missions, etc. for points. Takes place over a long, specific time period - anywhere from 24 hours to a week. D-day in Pennsylvania and also the one in Oklahoma are huge. There were 5000 + people at the one in Oklahoma, I heard, this year.

Tournaments - these are usually played on air fields and run a day or two, to a week in length.

Did I miss anything? Not sure, it's still pretty early for me on a Sunday...

Daddy360
09-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Alright thanks. Thats all i needed to know. =)