PDA

View Full Version : Dented barrel

LEOinFL
09-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Bear with me guys....very new to paintball. While refinishing my MR1, I, like an idiot dropped the barrel. It happened while I was installing an e-grip. When I picked up the barrel, I noticed a small dent on the very edge, where the paintballs first enter the barrel from the marker. Went to try out the e-grip, and began chopping balls in any mode but semi auto. This is probably caused by the dent...right?

Never chopped any balls before denting the barrel, except due to the slow feeding hopper. Installed an agitated hopper.

TIA,
LEOinFL

Hossy
09-23-2006, 10:40 AM
if u have another barrel for your MR1, id suggest to try that barrel out. if it keeps chopping, then come back and report what happend, if not, you know its the barrel

Hob Hayward
09-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Most likely the barrel. Hopefully that was your stock barrel, and yo can remedy the minimal damage by buying a good upgrade barrel.

LEOinFL
09-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, was the stock barrel. Was planning on upgrading the barrel anyways, which looks like I'll do tomorrow. Either a 32 Degree Whisper or a Smart Parts Progressive.
I'll report back after I try a new barrel on it.

LEOinFL

LEOinFL
09-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Ok, installed a SP barrel, and gave it a run. Semi auto is ok, 3 round is ok.....6 round and full auto is still chopping about half of the balls. Also bolt did'nt cycle back enough to catch twice.........Next step?....before I dump the egrip.

LEOinFL

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, always good to make sure your tank is full and that your striekr is lubed up well. ALso, if your using co2, theres the chance that your just outshooting the recharge rate of the co2. Try pointing the gun upwards and dryfiring, to see if its any different.

LEOinFL
09-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Cool...I know the tank wasnt near full. I'll have the tank filled, lube it up and try it again.
On the outside chance I am out shooting the co2 tank.....is it something that can be corrected?

TIA

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Not much you can do other than upgrade to HPA or install an anti-siphon tube in your co2 tank.

Mr.Spyder
09-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Do you have a anti-chop? And it could be the Ball Detent the same thing happend to me

LEOinFL
09-24-2006, 04:38 PM
No anti chop bolt yet......was considering getting one. What does the ball detent cause/need to be upgraded?

LEOinFL

Hob Hayward
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, if yours is black it should be fine, they cleared up pretty quickly.

I don't think they have an MR1 anti-chop bolt yet...

LEOinFL
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Ball detent is black and looks good. If filling the tank and lubing doesnt do it, anybody need a e-grip?...lol

Taillo
09-25-2006, 06:03 AM
I think the bolt inside the MR1 is an ACS bolt, and it stand for Anti Chop System, so i dont think it will change anything to have it replaced. I have seen people who played with internal parts too many times and they messed up the ball detent. Use an expansion chamber or/and a remote coil, maybe the 6 round burst will have enough constant gaz to operate correctly.

mr1sniper
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I think the bolt inside the MR1 is an ACS bolt, and it stand for Anti Chop System, so i dont think it will change anything to have it replaced.

Are you talking about the bolt that comes stock with the MR-1? It is not an ACS, it is a regular Venturi bolt.

I use HPA for all my markers because I find that Co2 is quite inconsistent and also you can't use it when its cold outside. And at some fields, HPA refills are cheaper than Co2!

Taillo
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for that info, i may try the ACS bolt after all...

A7X_AvengedSevenfold_A7X
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Word of advice , don't get the ACS bolt. BTW what e-grip do you have? Because I have had no problem on my mr-1 with a RTF 2.0 so I was just curious.

Mr.Spyder
09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
They're a rubber thing that holds the ball in place and stops the gun from double feeding.They are about a couple of bucks for another one,If you take the feed neck off they is a small circle located by the bottom screw.Pull it out and see if it's broken if it's not broken it should like this:http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/product-465/kingman-kingman-spyder-ball-detent.html

Hob Hayward
09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm almost positive uoit problem is that either your outshooting the co2 tank (very easy to do) or that you need to lube the internals. Polishing the internals would also help with recocking.www.ottersccustoms.com

Did you try shooting straight up with no balls in the hopper?

LEOinFL
10-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Ok....new update.

Refilled my tank...lubed the hell out of the MR1. semi, and 3 round are ok. 6 round is ok for a few pulls of the trigger, then chops the balls again. Full auto...chops like crazy.
I think you guys are right, and I am outshooting the co2.

Avenged Sevenfold....the grip is from an Imagine.
The hopper is a revolution w/x-board....suppose to do 12 bps.

I put the original grip frame back on it today...tired of messing with it. My next step is to try different paintballs. If that dosent work, going to sell the e-grip and keep it stock.

LEOinFL

OWNED!
01-26-2007, 08:46 PM
its easy, the problem is the stock fire rate which is 13 i believe is way too high. you need to get a faster loader, when you shoot more than 6 balls it always gonna chop. i had the same problem, but it was my e-grip.

Please stop posting in these old threads. jjr

OWNED!
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
i have a e-grip from a Fenix, and you can set the Fire rate from 12 or 13 to 7 by holding down the change fire rate button for a couple seconds till it blinks, then keep pressing it till it goes to 6-8 and hold it down again. i found that if you get a good loader and a c02 hose you can shoot upto 15 bps

Please stop posting in these old threads. jjr