PDA

View Full Version : 06 Electra upgrades

Dman
09-23-2006, 01:17 AM
i am looking for some upgrades for my 06 electra, i already have a j&j Edge barrel kit, and the t-board is on the way. i am now looking to try to drop operating pressure, right now all internals are stock(except spring) and it is running at about 375 to 400 psi on comp.air/nitro. the only problem is it is not as stable as i would like, getting to much inconsitance +/-10 fps on average,and would like to see the operating pressure get a little lower. i have been looking at differant parts that i think woul help this, but i have never messed with anything like this on any gun i have had and would like to hear the ideas of people that have. anyone have any ideas on the best approch to this would be?

Jegger24
09-23-2006, 04:04 AM
I changed my regulator out with a CP Long, changed the springs, upgraded to a Madman Rocket Valve, changed the V/A to an Assault Block. I am running around 250 psi, 290 fps. I am thinking of changing out the bolt and getting a new board...didn't know the new one was available for the 06 yet though. That's my two cents... Good luck!!

vikingshadow
09-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Well, you already have a "low pressure" gun since it's running at much lower pressures than the normal 800-850 psi.

However, one possibility for maintaining consistancy over the chrono would be to get a regulator (or a different one, if this particular model already has one - I can't remember if it comes with one or not.) Popular ones are the Bob Long Torpedo, the Palmer's Stabilizer, the Air America Vigilante, CP short or long, Ergo, etc. You can do a search and determine which would be the best for your needs - I personally used a Torp and it was just fine and dandy for me, although there are others that are better out there.

You can get a better VA, or modify the one you already have to allow a bigger passage for air to flow. High flowing V/A's (vertical adapters) are the Dragon VA (TES and T1 - in my opinion the HIGHEST flowing one available because there isn't any impedence whatsoever. Some people reported leaks though, but I never had a problem with them.) the CIP Assault Block and the Trinity V/A.

A new valve would help in dropping pressure quite a bit. I used a Rocket valve, but those can be pretty tricky because you have to adjust them. Others like the New Designs valve. There's another one, but I can't remember what it's called right now, as I just woke up.

Finally, you can polish your internals, as well as do any of the modifications listed on www.ottersccustoms.com.

Good luck and have fun!

killerpinecone
09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
A new valve would help in dropping pressure quite a bit. I used a Rocket valve, but those can be pretty tricky because you have to adjust them. Others like the New Designs valve. There's another one, but I can't remember what it's called right now, as I just woke up.

The Aka Tornado

killerpinecone
09-23-2006, 01:17 PM

The Aka Tornado is what he forgot