PDA

View Full Version : Paint on lens

kidonfire
09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Well, I got shot in the lens recently and for some reason I waited a couple days to clean it off. Don't ask me why, cause' I really dont know. anyway, I was wondering If I should replace the lens. Is it bad to leave paint on there? Thx

JMotioN
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
how close where u shot? and i think your fine if you just use some water and wipe it off with a rag. but hey if you dont feel safe with it buy a new lens, its your eyes after all. i recommend to buy a new thermal lens really improved my game bc i got a smoke tint which was like sun glasses and no fog what so ever in Georgia weather.

kidonfire
09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
how close where u shot?

It was about 50ft.

pbfreak3221
09-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Deffinetly first try to clean with water, NEVER try to clean with windex.

vikingshadow
09-23-2006, 04:18 AM
You'll be fine - at the most it might stain the lense a light color, especially if the paint got on the inside of the lense or between the two pieces if it's one of those double lense things. A very close shot (like 10-15 feet) I'd say it wouldn't hurt to invest in another lense, but not in this case.

Rinse it off, you might have to scrub a little, but not the inside of the lense! Shake as much of the water off it that you can, let it air dry, then take a microfiber cloth (I used the bag the mask came in) and wipe the water spots off. And next time, rinse it as soon as you come off the field!

kidonfire
09-23-2006, 07:17 AM
And next time, rinse it as soon as you come off the field!

Ya, I don't know why I was too lazy to take 30 seconds ot rinse it off. :confused: