View Full Version : Paint on lens

09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, I got shot in the lens recently and for some reason I waited a couple days to clean it off. Don't ask me why, cause' I really dont know. anyway, I was wondering If I should replace the lens. Is it bad to leave paint on there? Thx

09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
how close where u shot? and i think your fine if you just use some water and wipe it off with a rag. but hey if you dont feel safe with it buy a new lens, its your eyes after all. i recommend to buy a new thermal lens really improved my game bc i got a smoke tint which was like sun glasses and no fog what so ever in Georgia weather.

09-22-2006, 05:26 PM
how close where u shot?

It was about 50ft.

09-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Deffinetly first try to clean with water, NEVER try to clean with windex.

09-23-2006, 05:18 AM
You'll be fine - at the most it might stain the lense a light color, especially if the paint got on the inside of the lense or between the two pieces if it's one of those double lense things. A very close shot (like 10-15 feet) I'd say it wouldn't hurt to invest in another lense, but not in this case.

Rinse it off, you might have to scrub a little, but not the inside of the lense! Shake as much of the water off it that you can, let it air dry, then take a microfiber cloth (I used the bag the mask came in) and wipe the water spots off. And next time, rinse it as soon as you come off the field!

09-23-2006, 08:17 AM
And next time, rinse it as soon as you come off the field!

Ya, I don't know why I was too lazy to take 30 seconds ot rinse it off. :confused: