PDA

View Full Version : question about Dwell

rafb86
09-21-2006, 11:46 PM
hey guys yesterday i was shooting around w/ my friend and his marker (05 angle) which was sweeeeet btw, but anyways, he was showing me how he can put the dwell on his maker wayy down so that it makes it shoot soft and sound cool . This looked neat and i was wondering if i did it with my SP Nerve , would it harm the internals in any way??? i just want to be sure before i try it.

druid
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
lowering a dwell will not "hurt the marker" but your performance can suffer if you lower it too much. It can also make your shots inconsistant over the chrono.
Raising a dwell generally makes the fps more consistant over the chrono but raising it too high can blow noid seals. Read your user manual to see what yours can/can't do.

rafb86
09-22-2006, 03:18 PM
oo ok but i was talking about lowering it so that the bolt doesnt go all the way and makes lil noise just to dry fire it, idk i was just wondering if it did any harm to the internals if you lower the dwell a lot

vikingshadow
09-22-2006, 03:50 PM
It won't hurt anything, but it won't help either. You should set your dwell on your gun and leave it, only messing with it if you're having consistancy or efficiency issues. Find the "zone" then leave it alone.

As far as just dry firing, don't mess with your dwell just for that. If anything, take the detents out so you don't blow them, and other than that, you're golden.

Oh, by the way, the reason it's not making much noise is because it's probably only shooting about 150 fps (or lower) - not enough pressure to make it do anything decent nor move the bolt completely...and also not a very accurate reading on what shooting it at regular pressure would be. If all you're doing is dry firing it to "hear" it, then just set it the the side.

rafb86
09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
ok thanks, yeah i already found the "zone" and memorized it so it doesnt really matter , but yeah i just wanted to be sure i wasnt messing anything up , thanks

druid
09-22-2006, 08:53 PM
TBoard and the Stage 4 Ion boards (as well as others) have "training mode" which automatically reduce the dwell to about 1/2 of what it is normally programmed at. In an autococker, one might call it half-cycling. All yer doing is giving the marker enough gas to cycle/partially cycle. That's it.

timmyshoota
09-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Take off the left side grip frame, and below it should be a yellow button. Press that while the gun is on and it should go into programming mode. How to change dwell after that I can't help you, but I can get you there. :)

Check out www.angel-owners.com or www.angelowners.com can't remember the address.