PDA

View Full Version : electra 05 bolts and upgrades?

CareBear-Killer
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
I just picked up this marker a few weeks back, and so far I love it. However, I'm looking at seeing what all I can do to this marker, mainly for improvments or to lighten the marker, but also for fun.

I have seen otters site, so I'm sure I'll be diggin' out the old drill somewhere down the line Aside from the mods listed on otters site, what kind of upgrades are available for the 05 electra? What upgrades can I/should I do before I start with otters mods?

I have seen several items just under the kingman name on websites, but I am unsure if they would do any good to the electra. I know adding a reg would help, as I am using air and not C02. However, would getting a shocktech lpc or a new deisgnz volumizer do anything? Should I swap out valves or springs? Are there any bolts I can purchase that may be better than the stock ACS bolt?

I am new to the spyder world, so I am at the mercy of you guys/gals and shop owners everywhere.

shunut
09-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Well, lightening the marker will be tough unless you do some milling of the body.

As for upgrades besides what Otter has, you can pretty much upgrade anything. Barrel, Board, Bolt, Feedneck, Regulator, Striker, VA, Valve and Valve Springs.

Here are the best for those IMO:

Barrel - Single bore - Dye UL or Stiffi
Barrel Kit - SP Freak Kit
Board - VerC T-Board
Bolt - AKA Lightning Bolt, APM Tigershark or ACP Bluebolt
Feedneck - NDZ Prolock
Regulator - BL Torpedo or Custom Products Reg
Striker - Dark Horizon's Titanium Striker or Insane Pain Sports' Nightstriker XL
VA - Check It Assault Block
Valve - Maddmann Rocket Valve
Valve Springs - I've only used Maddmann Springs but any spring kits will work

CareBear-Killer
09-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Wow, thanks for the info man.

I noticed you're from Gilbert... I am from Chandler... Do you know if any of the local shops sell these items?

I did pick up a CP barrel and a clamping feed neck, as well as new grips. Hopefully this is a start in the right direction. Thanks again for the help.

CareBear-Killer
09-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Another question... Do you need a new verticle adapator in order to use a regulator? Or can you just take off the stock fore grip and replace it with a regulator?

Hossy
09-24-2006, 09:33 AM
i believe you can just take the old one out, then put the new one in.

if u could get ur gun upped, as atleast one thing from each category he named, you will be very, very appreciative with your gun

CareBear-Killer
09-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I already love the marker, and I look forward to enjoying the experience even more.

I'm trying to up this thing on a budget. So I'm attempting to aquire what I can, where I can, for the least amount possible. However, I know some of these items are going to be more expensive, so I'm just trying to do the least amount of spending possible, at first.

I know the freak kit is the best you can get barrel wise, however, I picked up the barrel, dye grips and clamping feed neck pretty cheap as a package deal. all for $40. So I couldn't pass that up, because its still better than stock.

This just goes to show that I am a realy spyder goober/newb. I looked in to the AKA lightning bolts, and could only find the rear-cocking. Will those work on the electra? If so, I'm assuming I would then have a rear-cocking marker rather than a top-cocking marker?