PDA

View Full Version : Rapid fire Problem

JMotioN
09-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Alright i have my setup down below. We went out to the field last saturday and played in the tournament. Weather for my area was Hi 87F
Lo 62F in Georiga humidity. Reason i posted that is ive heard ppl having problems with high humidity and the delrin bolts. Anyways i played back, and would start to walk the trigger. After i get about 5 or 6 shots out the bolt would go forward and i have to recock. I have my hopper turned up all the way, and a full tank every game. Id have the same problem, and id have to shoot slow. Whats goin down? Shouldent i be able to just walk it with no problems??? My friend was having the same problem with his pilot acs, but his setup is different. thanks

cgdbmw
09-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Did You Break In Your Bolt?

Hob Hayward
09-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Is this the first time thats happened? I think it could be that your using co2. My friends pilot shoots auto for around 5-6 shots and then uncocks aswell. The only fixes for that are HPA, an anti-siphon, or a reg/expansion chamber. I can fire my LP imagine on auto fine with HPA or co2, but I think the palmer stab helps keep the gun re-cocking.

JMotioN
09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
ive shot about 5000 shots through it. so i think ive broken my bolt in enough. i bored my buddies HPA tank to see whats happening, and it would minimize the problem, but not eliminate. is my hopper feeding too fast, or not enough?? im just out of ideas. on the first im going to purchase a n2 tank since i need to upgrade anyways.

Sandman_Bravo
09-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Have you lubed the striker and o-ring? What condition is the striker in? Take it apart, lube it up with paintball oil, then re-assemble and test. The striker catches against the trigger sear due to blowback gas, check Otters pages
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/index.html
for animations. Learn how it works and you'll have a better platform from which to diagnose problems. We are always here to help as well, good luck.

ross * pilot
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
yea, bring your lube with you to every tourney/outing you go to. You dont have to lube your striker every game... but you should always keep an eye on it. I usually do it every 2-3 games... a few drops and you're ready to go

JMotioN
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
lube the whole striker? like dunk it in oil?? i was thinking that too, il have to get some paint. thanks

JMotioN
09-23-2006, 09:08 AM
ok i know someone knows how lube the striker ont he pilot, you all have one!!

ross * pilot
09-23-2006, 09:23 AM
no, i wouldnt dunk the whole striker. i just put a few drops on the striker o-ring. then your ready to go

JMotioN
09-23-2006, 09:27 AM
thats what ive been doing, i guess i didnt oil it right. do u use your finger or a qtip or something/