PDA

View Full Version : DM5 got a laser treatment

Muddytaco
09-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Well I was going to anno my ion dust clear with blue accents but then I got my DM5 so I moved that anno idea over to it but then the Ice Cuba SL66 egos came out and people started copying the anno left and right. I hate to follow what everybody else is doing so I decided to keep the stock dust black anno and get was was going to be a tattoo on the anno laser engraved.

I only have the pics the guy sent me so far, I should have it back friday and i will put it all back together and take pics then. Right when i finished modding dm5 frame to the viking the dm5 body went out for laser, so now I will finally have a chance to make a video of both this weekend.

All the laser engraving was done by paintballfourlife on pbn. Very good guy to use, good work, good prices and keeps you update about whats going on. :thumbup: If your interested in getting something done his thread can be found here:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1680512

On with the pics:

The writing is in chinese, translates to Killer Instinct.

this side means killer
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/kilaserdone1.jpg

this side means instinct
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/kilaserdone3.jpg

Close ups:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/kilaserdone2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/kilaserdone4.jpg

durrell
09-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Nice..wonder what it will look like pieced together..

shunut
09-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Tight. I love kanji.

Hob Hayward
09-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Frickin awesome man, I love it.

DFSniper
09-20-2006, 01:11 PM
nice!

claustrophobia9
09-20-2006, 02:25 PM
itd be a bummer if this turned out like the tattoos of asian charicters that meant different things than the people were told...

Nader
09-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I know I would write crazy crap just in Chinese if the gun owner didn't know what they were getting.....hehehe.

But it really does look pretty good, no matter what it says.

pbfreak3221
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
That looks awesome he does nice work, I've seen his work before

Sac
09-20-2006, 03:58 PM
who did the laser? no offense but i've seen way better clarity from some of the guys on PBN, yours is kinda smokey, not real vivid, cool images tho, i just think the finish could have been better.

UKwithPride
09-20-2006, 04:09 PM
who did the laser? no offense but i've seen way better clarity from some of the guys on PBN, yours is kinda smokey, not real vivid, cool images tho, i just think the finish could have been better.

....Also, notice the engraving on the dm5 looks slightly faded, that effect can done at the buyers request....

vwjimmy
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Sweet!!!! I really like the whole thing! Can't wait to see it all together!

Sac
09-20-2006, 06:06 PM
tl;dr ftl.

bamf-hacker
09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
LOL....

I was looking at the thread on PBN where the guy that does this is.

Saw the sample pics and said wow cool Laser Engraving and viola the sample is your gun :)

Sweet muddytaco!!! I think I am going to get Lisa done...

timbertiger20
09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Mine is super clear! Andwhite as can be even though they say true white isn't possible. The biggest difference is the machine they used on mine was
75-80K and most people use one in the 5K range! Worth the money though!

Moe
09-20-2006, 07:39 PM
itd be a bummer if this turned out like the tattoos of asian charicters that meant different things than the people were told...

A fed up japanesse tattoo artist wrote General Tso's Chicken on someones arm. haha. He was pissed that so many americans were getting asian characters tattoo'd on them. I remember reading an article on it.

edit: I think the laser work looks awesome. I like the fade look a lot better than a flat white color. Gives it more character.

Muddytaco
09-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I guess UK was the only one that went to the link? I didn't want it to be super light/white, thats what i was trying to get away from. Sence white seems to be the new agg :dodgy:

Don't worry I know for a fact what it means, i sent the images and checked it at like 15 different places to make sure before i sent them. Unlike some people that walk into tattoo shops and take one persons word.:rolleyes:

timmyshoota
09-20-2006, 07:40 PM
You can get true white with laser. Its anno that can't get you true white.

Sorry, but I don't like it. I don't really like just random letters on a marker that has no flow. I'm not a fan of timber's either, but his flows better. I would of liked it if the characters had been bigger and taken up more room on the marker. Just looks out of place with the size.

leed
09-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I think the opposite of Chris here, I think it would have looked better if they were smaller, and better located, somewhere where there wouldn't be as much of a distraction with the milling. But I must honestly say, it is more of a personal thing to me, to see chinese characters on a flat background. Just as well, with the characters that make "Instinct" they don't flow well with the rest of the milling on the right side because of the strokes that go across that kind of clash with the milling.. It may just be me though. It does look good though!

Sandman_Bravo
09-22-2006, 03:15 AM
It's tough to make a judgement from a picture. Pictures never do justice to the actual thing. I think it looks cool, and if you like it- that's what matters.