PDA

View Full Version : Lp conversion...man, why did I wait so long

MVS1
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Well its official...I just put the finishing touches on my Pilot LP conversion. I'm running 300psi @ 275 fps w/3 inch groups at roughly 50 feet. Here is a short list of mod's (with a total bill of under $60, excluding the barrel). First off thanks to Otter for the tech data and Opteron-3 (aka Willy) for the deal on the spyder bottomline reg. Enlarged the stock front block inlet/outlet ports to .300" (which made a huge differnce), stock valve spring, Bandit Bolts High Flow valve ($18), NDz HP valvestem w/Delrin cup seal ($10), used bottomline spyder regulator ($20, thanks again to Opteron), xtreme rage low velocity main spring ($5 for the kit) and finishing off with a J&J 16" ceramic (I know, I thought having a 16" would be better than 14", not a damn bit of difference). And that's it....Oh by the way, I use CO2. Couple folks told me that the spyder bottomline reg wouldn't flow enough, but it does. I cranked it down to 250 psi and didn't have any issues at all however my velocity dropped down to around 265 fps and I figured considering how smooth it was operating at 300 psi, why tempt fate. Well there ya go, if you really want to make your marker come to life go the LP route. Don't know how many shoots I'll get per 20 oz bottle, but I'm guessing I'll at least double the amount previously. Sorry this is ran long, but if you haven't figured it out by now, I'm pretty damn pleased. I'll post some photo's when my wife figures out what she did with the digital camera. :rolleyes:

DRAGON
09-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Sure, they always blame it on the wife if married or little bro if they're not lol -

Sandman_Bravo
09-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Congratulations, you'll be very happy with your marker.

Paintball0308
09-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Nice job I'm basically trying to keep it under $40. I got a regulator asa combo and drop forward for a trade and I'm getting a NDZ valve and spring kit. so thats going to cost $30 and I had to buy a adapter block for the dropforward. I doing it because I cant get a new gun for another 6 months and when I play I get tired of how unaccurate the gun is. I already got a new feedneck, barrel, and eggy, and I modded my trigger flat.

MVS1
09-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Before you buy the spring kit contact nbishop66 and see if he still has the nib 32* spring kits for $7 delivered. Also check out the link below for the High Flow valve from Bandit Bolts, this baby is nothing short of Brilliant, and for $18 you can't find a better deal. They also have the NDZ HP valve stem. I got both for $33 delivered. So that puts you right at your goal of $40. These and the mod's discussed on your other thread and you should be good to go.

http://www.banditpaintball.com/customer/product.php?productid=92&cat=0&page=

here are some pics of my marker...

Paintball0308
09-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Yeah I think I'm getting the bandit valve now because it looks like would flow better. Also im getting the spring kit and assualt block from nbishop66 so thanks.

MVS1
09-23-2006, 10:12 AM
No prob, looked at your other pictures and looks like your on track now. Glad to hear your getting the springs and block from nbishop66, don't know him personally but he seemed like a pretty good guy....you'll be very happy with the assualt block, flows well and looks good. Kinda thought that once you saw the bandit valve you'd like it...wait till you see it in person, machining is incredible.