PDA

View Full Version : MR3 wont stay cocked in full auto.

DmaxEter
09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
I just recently purchased the MR3. It replaced my A5.
The marker is brand new with only about 250 paint balls through it just to see how it shoots but when in full auto mode, it will shoot about 5 or 6 balls and then the bolt wont blow back and stay. You have to manually cock it again and then it will start over and shoot another few balls and do it again. What gives? I can figure it out to save my life. Is something wrong or can I adjust something? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Great site by the way. I just stumbled onto it while searching through the kingman stuff and read some of the posts. I figure if I can tfind the answer here, there is no answer:D

I will say that the EYEs are sweet. Overall I love the MR3 over the A5 so far. Only a good woods ball game will tell if its gonna be better for me. I like the electronic trigger. It feels better than a responce trigger any day!

rafb86
09-18-2006, 10:32 AM
hmmm , the only thing i can think of is that maybe you dont have enough air?? did you check how much you have left on your tank? i dont belive you have an acs bolt but it sounds like the problem i was having with my acs bolt before i broke it in. unfortunatly i dont know much about the mr3 but if it has a regulator maybe it is set too low. if you cant figuer it out go back to were you bought it and ask them or call kingman because im sure it still in warrantee .. maybe you just got a bad one

shunut
09-18-2006, 10:47 AM
You might just be out shooting your tank. Do you use co2 or HPA?

Hob Hayward
09-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah, also, it'd be good to lube the striker, make sure everythings smooth.

DmaxEter
09-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys. That was on CO2 since I have it readily available at the house. I will go and fill my HPA which I will be running when I play and see how it does. It only does this when there is paint in it. I took the spring out and have compressed it like the acs bolt break in procedures say, I dont figure it will hurt anything. I baught it online from a shop in Florida so I cant take it back and get them to call. I didnt think about out shooting the tank. I will see what the HPA does and let you know. Thanks for the quick replys and information. Keep it coming!!

DmaxEter
09-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Update. I went out and ran some paint through it after the spring was compressed for about 12 hours. It still did it. I tilted the gun up in the air so as not to let any liquid CO2 enter the gun and what do you know, it will spray them as fast as you want. Tilt the gun down and it will go back to the failing to blow back. I use the co2 as a back up since I have a bottle that I fill from but HPA is the primary and I bet I wont have this problem with the air. I fill my own HPA also but I usually wait until my brother in law is at the fire station to fill it. Its nice having a fire chief for a brother in law:D I also have backed the velocity screw out completly. It seems to have great velocity and range and I am very inpressed with the stock barrel. Its 100% better than the stock A5 barrel was. This barrel is very accurate for me at least!

Thanks guys. I knew someone here would put me in the right direction and the air supply seems to be it. I will let you know for sure what the HPA does.

TenderVittles
09-19-2006, 07:43 PM
You might be outshooting your hopper, what hopper do you have? I have an MR2 and a 12 Revolution with xboard and it does that too in full auto. It's not a problem for me since I don't use auto.

DmaxEter
09-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I have the eVLution 2, the egg shaped one. It feeds great with plenty of speed and for the money, I love it. It was just an air problem I believe. It hasnt done it since I have been using my remote line. I guess the liquid was getting in there. Thanks for all the suggestions and setting me in the right direction. I look forward to visiting the site more and reading about the MR3 as it slowly gets out there. I loved my buddies MR2 so I figured I would pick up a MR and decided to go with the 3. I think I will get a ! for a backup marker and rainy days. I am still amazed at how well the factory barrel shoots. Or maybe I was just that dissapointed at how my A5 factory barrel shot?

Hob Hayward
09-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Acctually despite waht most people say the stock spyder barrels are acctually decent.

Alien
09-21-2006, 04:39 AM
me it did that when the battery in the gun was not enough charge , or the other problem is maybe u dont have a good hopper than feed fast

Mistic67
10-09-2006, 10:21 AM
I would say you should definitely oil the striker o-ring. Don't put any oil on the Venturi bolt. There's something about plastics & petroleums.

If you're going to keep running CO2, I would highly suggest you invest in an anti-siphon, or use a remote line. You could be icing up you're barrel or the receiver assembly.