PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Feed Neck Holes?

RBA054
09-18-2006, 07:58 AM
The plastic feed neck that connects the hopper to the marker which came with my marker has a pair of holes in it. What is the purpose of those two holes? I was told it is to release pressure so that there is no blow back.

shunut
09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
I would say thats probably what they are for.

Welcome to the forum.

Sandman_Bravo
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Buy a clamping feedneck and throw that cheap plastic elbow away, and welcome aboard.

http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyder_feednecks.html

spyderpaintball
09-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Yep. It helps vent the air from blowing back up into the hopper.

DvDphoenix
09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
i was lookin for the shocktech and the trinity but i dunno which 2 choose, also i dunno if it gotta be w/ "holes" or "no holes" in order 2 fit my pilot acs

pb34
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
dvd...the holes that you are talking about are where you fasten it to the gun. You need the one with "no holes" or tabs.

Sandman_Bravo
09-18-2006, 04:30 PM
i was lookin for the shocktech and the trinity but i dunno which 2 choose, also i dunno if it gotta be w/ "holes" or "no holes" in order 2 fit my pilot acs

I had (have) a Trinity and it never really held either of my hoppers(reloader and reloaderB) very tight. I had to clamp down the cam-lock so tight that eventually the bolt broke. I bought a CCM from Sundragon and it holds like a champ. The Trinity is a quick release cam like on a bicycle seat post or wheel skewer, whereas the Sundragon is an allen bolt. I'll sell ya a slightly used Trinity-lol.

RBA054
09-19-2006, 07:24 AM
:cool: No this was not about the feed neck on the marker it is the coupler that attaches the marker and hopper together that I was inquiring about. Replacing the plastic (Feed Neck) coupler would be nice. I would have done it when I got the marker. But over the years I have found out it is better to find out as to why certain things are where they are so if I make a modifaction or replace it with a different manufacture like in this case (Redz, Matrix, Java etc.) I can incorporate it back into the replacement some how. With the pair of holes being there to allow air in and out I know then, that I will have to make modifactaions to the aftermarket coupler or marker feed neck. I did look at several couplers and they don't have the hole in them. So I either order another marker feed neck and modify it or do the mod to a new coupler. And yes it will void that parts manufacture warrenty but then why didn't the manufacture design the holes into there part? Then I can look at spending $150.00 for the new hopper I want that meets the markers 20bps rate later. And I know it might not happen.

DRAGON
09-19-2006, 08:41 AM
:cool: No this was not about the feed neck on the marker it is the coupler that attaches the marker and hopper together that I was inquiring about............

Technically it's part of the feedneck asy so...... You're better off getting a CCM and never having to replace the cracking plastic feedneck adapter. Mine always cracked at the wrong time. Sux when you need to stop in the middle of a good game because you're in fear of having to replace a $100 hopper as well if you continue. It could blow your whole day unless you bring 3 markers with you like I do. And yes, you can drill holes in an aftermarket one but the holes need to be where the hopper neck is not -

TheRedBarron
09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
CCM solves the blowback problem, it is slotted so as long as your hopper neck doesnt go all the way down into it, it will allow for venting.

Sandman_Bravo
09-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Besides, with the stock elbow (coupler) your hopper sits way up high out in the open. I've also found they don't clamp down well allowing your hopper to fall off when running around.

DvDphoenix
09-19-2006, 11:38 AM
well, that's what gonna happen 2 me if I dont buy a new feedneck, the nut of the bolts spoiled the plastic and doesnt close any tighter :s

Hob Hayward
09-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I did the same thing to mine DvDphoenix. Got an NDZ, and I'm lovin it.

RBA054
09-21-2006, 07:30 AM
I do agree about replacing the plastic for metal the application warrants it. When it come to relying on it in this application as long as your not very active like me the part should last a along time. But if your going to be active as this sport does require of the majority of users then the metal replacement is manditory. But even if your not as active it is good to switch over to the metal unit not only for it stability but it adds that extra functional bling to the unit. I did find one manufacture that did have the required hole in it for the Spyder and that was Redz. The unit would use the screws to mount to the marker and clamped to the hopper unit and is manufactured for many other brands of markers. And I like to have the hopper as far down as it will go into the receiver portion of the neck for having it sit up to high is asking for it to break the tube off the hopper even though they are much thicker. And relying on those slots may not give the required release of pressure. Even though it might have not happened there is murphy's law which will make it happen when you didn't expect it to happen like in the middle of a good game.