PDA

View Full Version : ITS HERE: New HALO mod

bungeye
09-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Hey i mentioned about a week ago that I was working on a new mod for HALOs. Well I have finally finished it. Rather than posting it here, it is on my website (with pics).

Due to my research, I can not find anything like it, and people have mentioned the topic but no oe has come up with this kind of mod.
If its alredy been done please tell me.

Here it is
http://www.freewebs.com/mooseaim/modifications.htm

NO LONGER SHALL WE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH EYES.

NOTE: If you do this it will void your waranty and i will accecpt no responsibility in it.
The bungEYE Mod

This mod is for what the name states, bung eyes. As well as being the nick name of its originator*. What does it do you ask? It is simply an override for the eyes on your HALO when they get dirty, misaligned or just fail during play. I have found no problems with it, but if you do, please e-mail me. drain_boy@hotmail.com

Theoretically this will work on any hopper that has eyes.

What you need:
Pliers
Knife or Wire Stripers
Solder
Soldering Iron
Wire (small stuff like Hook Up etc.)
Push to Break P/B Switch (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto.../product/P7561 or http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2494&C=SEO)
Drill and bit set
Heat Shrink and Heat gun (or lighter)
Insulation Tape – (substitute for Heat Shrink)

Directions:
First disassemble your HALO and take the eye wires. Using the pliers cut the GRAY wire about 1-2 inches from the black connecter (that plugs into the board). Using a knife or wire stripers, bare both ends that you just cut, and twist the wires together.

Next cut two pieces of the Hook Up wire (or substitute) and strip both ends.

The next step is to solder one end of each 3 inch wires, to the terminals on the Push Button switch. Cover the terminals in heat shrink or insulation tape.

NOTE FOR NEXT STEP: If using heat shrink, place a piece over each wire coming from the switch.

Finally join the gray eye wires to the wires coming from the switch, using solder. Finally cover with heat shrink.

That’s the circuit done. Next is the placement of the switch.

Using the drill and a drill bit suitable for the P/B switch, drill a hole in you HALO’s shell. Choose a place that will be easy to reach while in a game. I chose to put it near the back plate. REMEMBER it has to be around this general area; otherwise you will have to lengthen the wires.

Operation:

If your eyes get dirty (due to broken paint) during a game, the HALO wont feed as it thinks there is still a ball in its way. What this mod does it overrides this. When you push the button, the circuit is broken (basically the gray wire is cut). This will make the HALO feed again. You only need to hold the button for a maximum of 3-5 seconds to get the feed neck full of balls again. To some people this may get real annoying, but it will keep you in the game. Once the game has finished, you can then clean the eyes, and go back to normal operation.

thechubbss12
09-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Thats pretty awesome man....

Nice mod..

Moe
09-19-2006, 07:42 PM
"Site has exceeded monthly bandwich...somethin...i cant remember the rest"

oh noes!

bungeye
09-20-2006, 03:31 AM
that will be fixed soon. within 12 hours on freewebs, but i am geting a new domain soon

timmyshoota
09-20-2006, 09:28 AM
So, um, you wanna explain this for those of us who can't view the website?

Ace24
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Cant view it...

Baozer
09-20-2006, 11:40 AM
lol.. he said it will be up and running in 12 hours or less... v_V freewebs tends to freeze up on people alot.. dunno why..

Paintball0308
09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I saw it, its a mod to override the eyes on the halo. you cut the eye wire and put a push button disconnect so when the eyes are dirty you push the button and the eyes turn off and start feeding. Theres also another mod but I forgot. He has the instructions and pics, It looks good.

timmyshoota
09-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Sounds like a horrible idea, then its constantly trying to force the balls into the breech.

UKwithPride
09-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Why not post it up on here now that the freewebs is frozen?

bungeye
09-20-2006, 06:12 PM
here it is. freewebs is screwing up again.
i dont know if the pics will work. i just copied and paste from the site.

NOTE: If you do this it will void your waranty and i will accecpt no responsibility in it.
The bungEYE Mod

This mod is for what the name states, bung eyes. As well as being the nick name of its originator*. What does it do you ask? It is simply an override for the eyes on your HALO when they get dirty, misaligned or just fail during play. I have found no problems with it, but if you do, please e-mail me. drain_boy@hotmail.com

Theoretically this will work on any hopper that has eyes.

What you need:
Pliers
Knife or Wire Stripers
Solder
Soldering Iron
Wire (small stuff like Hook Up etc.)
Push to Break P/B Switch (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/P7561 or http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2494&C=SEO)
Drill and bit set
Heat Shrink and Heat gun (or lighter)
Insulation Tape – (substitute for Heat Shrink)

Directions:
First disassemble your HALO and take the eye wires. Using the pliers cut the GRAY wire about 1-2 inches from the black connecter (that plugs into the board). Using a knife or wire stripers, bare both ends that you just cut, and twist the wires together.

Next cut two pieces of the Hook Up wire (or substitute) and strip both ends.

The next step is to solder one end of each 3 inch wires, to the terminals on the Push Button switch. Cover the terminals in heat shrink or insulation tape.

NOTE FOR NEXT STEP: If using heat shrink, place a piece over each wire coming from the switch.

Finally join the gray eye wires to the wires coming from the switch, using solder. Finally cover with heat shrink.

That’s the circuit done. Next is the placement of the switch.

Using the drill and a drill bit suitable for the P/B switch, drill a hole in you HALO’s shell. Choose a place that will be easy to reach while in a game. I chose to put it near the back plate. REMEMBER it has to be around this general area; otherwise you will have to lengthen the wires.

Operation:

If your eyes get dirty (due to broken paint) during a game, the HALO wont feed as it thinks there is still a ball in its way. What this mod does it overrides this. When you push the button, the circuit is broken (basically the gray wire is cut). This will make the HALO feed again. You only need to hold the button for a maximum of 3-5 seconds to get the feed neck full of balls again. To some people this may get real annoying, but it will keep you in the game. Once the game has finished, you can then clean the eyes, and go back to normal operation.

Hossy
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
ummm question:

pics?

timmyshoota
09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Nevermind about my statement, I thought it stayed on until you pushed the button again. Pretty nice mod. Definately something to look into if I had a halo and was having an eye problem like that.

Ace24
09-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah sounds like a good temp fix. Good job!

Santy
09-20-2006, 07:27 PM
doesn't rip drive do the same thing just mechanically ?

Hob Hayward
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah, and it functions to unjam if neccissary.

timmyshoota
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, and it functions to unjam if neccissary.
I've never had a rip drive actually unjam anything in my Halos. All the jams I've ever had were halfway down the feedneck, right at the bend, so the rip drive wouldn't do jack for it. I've never had one jam at the entrance to the feedneck because of the way they are designed. Take out the beads though and thats a whole different story.

Hob Hayward
09-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Oh, well I'm just repeating what the rip claims to do for you.

bungeye
09-20-2006, 08:29 PM
i will do the pics tonight if im free. but the site will be up on the 24th, or whenever freewebs fixex it before then.

Jimmyd24
09-21-2006, 12:42 PM
lol, i thought u were talking about halo 2 the video game then i realized half way throough that i was in the veteran forum and not non paintball things