PDA

View Full Version : My new marker & tank (lets see what all this electro fuss is about)

tigerdave714
09-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I've been slimming down the collection lately and selling off everything but the bare necessities, but I stumbled across a pretty good deal on one of these here electronic paintball guns. As most of you may know... I'm a pump player at heart (and will remain as such until my heart ceases to beat). In fact, to date, the only electro marker I've owned was a Spyder Victor with an ESP 3.0 frame. This new purchase is just an experiment to see what all the fuss is about. When I'm tired of it, which I'm sure I will be very soon, this one will either collect dust in the closet or go back up for sale like all the other semi-autos I've owned in the past. Nothing to brag about... though I am pleased with the purchase.

As you can see, its a Promaster. Barely used and with minimal signs of wear. It came with the freak barrel, CP reg, and the NDZ unimount. The tank (purchased seperately) is a brand new NitroDuck 45/4500 variable output. Nicest tank I've ever owned.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/davidmoore714/Paintball/promaster2.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/davidmoore714/Paintball/promaster1.jpg

stylinbeaver
09-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice gun. Might look into your sale thread when you get tired of it.:cool:

timmyshoota
09-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Good way to start into Electros. I got a BKO for my first electro, and it was a good start. I'm not a big fan of the tank, the regulator on it is a little bit long IMO. I would of gone with a preset tank, since double regging is useless, but if you're gonna end up selling it then its no biggie.

vwjimmy
09-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Nice.....after you shoot it you will be sold!!!!!

thechubbss12
09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Heh if you sell it... hit me up....

Nice marker man... ive wanted to own a promaster for along time but never got around to spending the money....

DyNasty9
09-17-2006, 04:59 PM
god guys he just got it, chill chill.haha

nice gun, i would really like to get one of those as my back up.

Hossy
09-17-2006, 05:17 PM
im thinkin about downgrading the DM to one...tell us how you like it once u use it more

bamf-hacker
09-17-2006, 05:39 PM
When I win the money from D's site I think I will get a Promaster to play around with.

Let us know how you like it.

tigerdave714
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I spent the afternoon dry firing it and tinkering with the trigger. It's a lot faster than I expected, and the trigger is easier to walk than the ions I've played with in the past. All the adjustments to be made are extremely simple. I didn't bother messing with the ramp settings though, because I have no intention of using them.

I don't like the way the battery fits inside the frame. It's a really tight fit, and the battery is crammed in so tight that the grip panel screws could puncture it if you're not careful. I also don't like the feedneck. My Revvy fits quite loosely inside it. Gonna have to tape it before I take it on the field. And yes, I'm going to use a 12volt x-boarded Revvy with the Promaster. I realize I can outshoot this hopper easily with this marker (so they tell me). Guess that's what the eyes are for.

If I upgrade anything on this marker, it will be the grip panels and the feedneck. I'd like to get some more comfortable panels and a locking neck (if I can get the stock one off). Don't know if I'll bother though, as its mostly going to be a backup to my Sniper and PGP. I'll give a longer more detailed review (if anyone is interested) after I play with it next weekend.

leed
09-18-2006, 04:57 PM
For your Revy, Tape doesn't work too well, or at least it never does for me, it just slides out. If it does, so be it.

But a longer lasting thing is superglue. Yes, I mean super glue. No, I do not mean super glue your hopper to your Feedneck. I mean, having the hopper out, put 4 little beads of super glue around the feedneck (not on the seams of the two shells though) and it will be tighter, and will last longer than any tape can. Add more as you need to, just let it dry.

bigred76
09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
You need any help with finding stuff for it, let me know. I did a bit of research a while back for mine, and know almost all there is to know about the beasts...

Enjoy your new marker!

QAZ123
09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Look's good Dave! Errr.. where's the pump arm?;) j/k!

I'd get a clamping feedneck sometime other than that your good to go.

Nice tank bet you got a pretty good deal on it huh?:D

JB.

tigerdave714
09-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I finally got to use my Promaster today. Took one of my buddies down to my old field in Dothan, AL.

Considering how little I paid for it, I almost expected the Promaster to give me several problems. Quite the contrary was true. All I had to do was turn it on. The reg and velocity were already set... no adjustments needed. The only issue was the loose fitting feed neck, but a little electrical tape fixed that. It was weird how smoothly the day went. No problems what so ever with any of my gear (I'm not used to that).

I'm clearly used to pump play. Wasn't expecting to run out of paint in the middle of a game. I don't own a harness or even a single pod. I sold them all off cause I never used them. I had to call out once or twice today because I ran out of paint. I'm also not used to the cost of playing semi. I usually buy a bag of 500 balls that lasts me 2 whole days. Today I bought a case and came close to using all of it. Had to switch to my Sniper (which also shot flawlessly... again, not expecting that) for the last few games just so I could finish out the day on what little paint I had left.

I'll spare the details of the day. The end result is as follows. It's nice to be able to waste some paint now and then, but its just not necessary (at least not for me). Laning off the break and shooting ropes did nothing for me. It just slowed me down and kept me camped out... hiding behind the wall of paint I was laying down. Most of the eliminations I made were done with single well-placed shots... same as when I play pump. And the cost of a case of paint was ridiculous! How do you guys do that week after week?!

Did I like it? Yes. But its not my cup of tea. I think I'll keep it as a back-up. Might break it out if I catch somebody wiping. Other than that... I'll stick to the pump guns.

The End