PDA

View Full Version : Im 1/2 noob and need help

blut13
09-17-2006, 09:05 AM
im partly a noob and have no idea what kind of barrel i should get for my spyder imagine (its the old one with only 3 led lights) and is there anything else i should get ohh yes i would a good cheap barrel

Hossy
09-17-2006, 09:39 AM
if u say your not a noob, your a noob

cheap good barrel...teardrop, but if u can, get a stiffi or a J&J ceramic
next ups sould be:

feedneck, loader, tank, bolt, and reg.

blut13
09-17-2006, 09:43 AM
i didnt say i wasnt noob i said im partly noob i got feedneck tank and loader just didnt know about barrel but thanks

blut13
09-17-2006, 11:48 AM
does anyone know where i can buy the tournament chip for the Imagine i own :confused:

Hossy
09-17-2006, 12:42 PM
ummm....partly noob is saying ur more of a noob than a noob....

tboards are nice for a spyders....

vwjimmy
09-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Being a 'noob' isen't bad...and it is only temporary!!!
You cannot change any 'chip' on your stock Imagine...there is a 'tournament lock' that can be activated for semi-only tourneys....
you will have to get a new board if you want modes that are not already on the stock board or if you want to add eyes....
Welcome to KUSA.....

blut13
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
thank you for understanding and also thats what i was talking about do you know where i can find that tournement chip for my gun i cant find it

Total90Oliver
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
www.scenariodreams.com

vwjimmy
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
There is no need for a 'chip' to tourney lock your marker...
There is a jumper on the board that can be removed to 'lock' the marker in semi-auto only...

Total90Oliver
09-17-2006, 08:10 PM
yea i can't find it on my imagine, can u tell me which,walk me through it?

xsgmike66x
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
on the older imagine's, some did not come with the jumper, in order to get one you can try to call kingman and see what they say, or go to radioshack and get one.

Total90Oliver
09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
i have the 04 imagine

xsgmike66x
09-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Does your's shoot in burst and full auto?

Total90Oliver
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
yes

xsgmike66x
09-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Then you really dont need to worry about it, your gun already has it and his doesnt. As for where yours is i dotn know becuas ei have a old style imagine. But now back on topic to the original posters question about a barrel and his jumper.

Total90Oliver
09-17-2006, 08:24 PM
yea..i like the DYE Ultralite, i dont have it but i have heard a lot about it, i have a progressive barrel and like it a lot, AA(all-americans)Freaks have had some good reviews too

vwjimmy
09-18-2006, 06:25 PM
The jumper is near the bottom of the board...a little rectangular black box that can be pulled off with ease....

blut13
09-18-2006, 06:27 PM
yes do you know where i can buy that cant find it anywhere

vwjimmy
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
It has to be on there already or it would only be shooting semi....when it is off it is locked...on is all modes available...

blut13
09-18-2006, 06:45 PM
yes i cant change it from semi auto i want to know if there is any place online you know off where i can buy it

vwjimmy
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
it is just a computer jumper...any radio shack....

vikingshadow
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Radio Shack has them. I'm not sure of the part number, but you can get them there.

Baozer
09-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Being a 'noob' isen't bad...and it is only temporary!!!

somehow it takes me forever to become non noob.. cause im still noob =D ive made like 170 something pointless posts and still havent played a game ^_^

Hossy
09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
post counts dont really matter.....

being a noob is how long you wanna be a noob, really, if you wanna learn more and play more, as long as ur not like i want my snipzors barrel...you wont be a noob...

My radio shack has plenty of computer jumpers...so it wont be hard to get one

Baozer
09-20-2006, 11:44 AM
being a noob is how long you wanna be a noob, really, if you wanna learn more and play more, as long as ur not like i want my snipzors barrel...you wont be a noob...

I want my snipzors barrel.. now... jk xP

yeah radioshack should have jumpers...

Theheroguy
09-21-2006, 01:19 PM
ummm....partly noob is saying ur more of a noob than a noob....

tboards are nice for a spyders....

always with the flaming hossy?:mad:

bamf-hacker
09-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Gentlemen PLAY NICE

Theheroguy
09-22-2006, 05:31 PM
eh I'm just sayin

but as those guys said try radio shack or circut city

bigred76
09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Seems like the vet's in the right here... (Hossy, astonishingly). It isn't considered flaming if it's helpful, HeroGuy. Hang around a bit and you'll also know that Hossy is purely incapable of flaming with his flimsy insults. ;)

Just throwing this out there, but if you have any computer parts that you're throwing away, check them for the jumper. That's how I got mine. :D

druid
09-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Seems like the vet's in the right here... (Hossy, astonishingly). It isn't considered flaming if it's helpful, HeroGuy. Hang around a bit and you'll also know that Hossy is purely incapable of flaming with his flimsy insults. ;)

Just throwing this out there, but if you have any computer parts that you're throwing away, check them for the jumper. That's how I got mine. :D

So true. I, on the other hand, would flame but not just "for the heck of it." In this particular instance, there is a lack of knowledge and that doesn't deserve a flame...other than a possible "read the manual noob!" retort. I will not enact this at this time because the questions are reasonable.
Now, if it were say...a "snyp0r barrel" question, yes...I think I might toss a fireball or 2 just to be safe :D .

To answer his question though, barrels are barrels and they are all bored to a specific bore size...normally like .685, .687, .689, .691, .693 and so on. Stock barrels are normally the largest bore...around .691-.697 or so because that way...ALL paints would go through it. The problem with that is, smaller diameter paints will get air blowing by it in the barrel, producing poor accuracy and inconsistant psi issues.

Paint on the other hand...is separated by size as a result of the manuacturing process, and the inexact science of making the paint. It's all .68 caliber but the measurement of "thousandths of an inch" (.00X) is the exact size of the paint. After the paint's made, it is rolled over a board with holes of a specific size, starting with the smallest bore and increasing to the largest. The paint falls through these "gauges" and are boxed with that size in mind.

Cheaper brands are just that...a "haphazard" assortment of whatever paints are produced and normally, are of a lesser quality. Shells tend to be more brittle than mid-to-premium grades...swell faster and are normally really small or really huge bores...the bores that no one really uses. They also tend to sit on store shelves for months without being rotated or even moved...so they are dimpled when you buy them.

Many of us use some kind of barrel kit...it has multiple backs or a bore sleeve system so that we can adapt to the paint of the day on FPO fields and tournies. You may want to consider one also.