PDA

View Full Version : best feedneck for the pilot acs 05?!

chad
09-15-2006, 07:53 PM
i was just wondering from you guys opinions and experiences, what is the best or a really good feedneck to get for the spyder pilot acs 05. i was looking at a couple earlier and i saw some with "holes" and others with no holes but the same price.. what is the deal with the "holes" and i just want one where its easy to put on yet fits my hopper (ev II).

-Chad

shunut
09-15-2006, 09:42 PM
I believe the Pilot has no hole. The difference is some Spyders have holes in the feedneck and bolt onto the body that way. Some have no hole, aka tabs, aka ears, that fit into slots on the body and the screws hole them in place by clamping them between the body and screw.

As for which one is the best. I personally like the New Designz Pro-Lock. It is low profile and will fit any loader. It also has a c-lever which makes it easy to put on your loader and take it off. CCM also makes good feednecks.

bungeye
09-15-2006, 10:30 PM
i have a CCM and love it. i have used a NDZ pro-lock and its about the same, except you have a leaver which is handy. I prefer the CCM one thoug.

Sandman_Bravo
09-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Pilot has tabs, no holes. I used to have a trinity and the screw on the quick release cam broke. I bought a Sundragon unit for a lot less and it works great. The trinity never held my hopper tight so I was always cranking it down, probably why it broke. The Sundragon holds like a vice.

RBA054
09-19-2006, 08:10 AM
i was just wondering from you guys opinions and experiences, what is the best or a really good feedneck to get for the spyder pilot acs 05. i was looking at a couple earlier and i saw some with "holes" and others with no holes but the same price.. what is the deal with the "holes" and i just want one where its easy to put on yet fits my hopper (ev II).

-Chad
Those two holes in the coulper are for air there is another thread "xxxxxxx Feed Neck Holes" of which I started. Is what my question was and apperantly they are needed to prevent other problems inside the hopper later.