View Full Version : Apex barrel
09-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Anyone try using the Apex (http://btpaintball.com/f_b_apex.php) barrel with the TL-X yet. I know they have a spyder compatible barrel but I don't know for certain that it's compatible with the TL-X and I'd like to find out before I buy one.
09-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, all spyder barrels are interchangable, so it'll work on your TL-X. If you do get one, I'd love to hear how it works out, I havn't had the option to try one yet or see one.
Welcome to the forums!
09-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Video of an Apex in action (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8552288859447814176&q=apex+barrel+video)
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Barrel is in!
First Impression: Ramp switch is difficult to manipulate and is a bit painful on the thumb.
hopefully I'll get to fire soon but my HPA tank is empty and I've got 2 exams and a paper coming up.
I'll try to do an accuracy comparison with the stock tl-x barrel, a teardrop, and the apex with premiums, heat, and generic balls, but It probably won't be until next month. I'll post it when I do.
12-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Not sure what classifies as a dead thread, since this forum seems to be very sparse. Have an apex on my 98 custom.
1. Don't use brittle paint. especially on cold days, because the ramp will break the paint for you.
2. I play woodsball, ramp about 1 or 2 clicks past half way, and use scorch or visible impact paint from wal-mart. Barrel performs beautifully as a flatline, and I see no need to try a bunch of goofy trick shots.
3. At the above mentioned ramp setting the balls will fly flat and will seem to float, but they go a long way. With the scorch paint you get good accuracy, and you know when your target gets hit, because they light up pink. Also with scorch you get a good breaking paint. I floated a ball about a 125 ft and it broke like it is sapposed to.
4. The guys i play with are planning on getting an apex after seeing mine perform, and they have been playing with me long enough to know how much of the credit goes to the barrel.
5. Scorch and visible impact. Everytime I try different paint I kick myself. This paint is accurate, Highly visible, and breaks better than most paint in its price range. It is the best paint I have tried with the apex, and with a Q-loader. You won't find a better paint at wal-mart.
12-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Ive herd that you can make paintballs curve around trees and such. How well does that work?