PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time finding hpa... need help

gimmer
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
I just bought a HPA Tank(3000psi) ,, but i kinda live in the sticks and I cant Find a place to fill my tank,,,, People are telling me to get scuba tanks ,How well will that work,,, any input will be great..:confused:

Hossy
09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
if you get a scuba tank, you will need your own fill station, to fill your tank.

if you need to fill your tank, any local store will, or any field should...but idk if uve looked that hard, or know of any smaller ones.

Scuba tanks may cost a decent amout with the fill station, and everyonce in awhile you will need to get your scuba tank refilled.

gimmer
09-16-2006, 01:26 PM
thanks for your input,,but what do you mean when you say fill station ,, is that like the adapter or is there more to it

druid
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
yes. The SCBA tanks require a fitting to be attached to the tank-valve. Click the stores link in my sig...there are links for the SCBA and use Actionvillage for the adapter set up...

Hossy
09-16-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=AbEmdnGdO4kmCTSRfuXm3ntJCZzjv3FD7qM=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gas-systems-fill-stations-nitrogen-fill-stations

fill station

badlandsrox
09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I dont think the scuba one is gonna work, cuz to get a scuba tank filled you need a certification card, so it would only work if you are a certified diver.

CareBear-Killer
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Were you looking at 4500 PSI or 3000 PSI scuba tanks? I only ask because some places have restrictions on the 4500 PSI tanks. You might want to call around to any sube/dive shops in town...Some may not require a dive cert. Heck, even then find out what you need to do to get a dive cert. Perhaps you could make a business of filling air tanks for players while out in the field. :D

rodeoshooter
09-22-2006, 04:11 AM
If the dude lives in the sticks, there aren't going to be any scuba places around!;) Sounds like you're going to have to travel a bit to get them filled. Find the nearest field or sporting goods store (maybe) or paintball supply place. Maybe you should have thought of this before you bought an HPA setup?