PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong????

bbh1983
09-14-2006, 10:05 PM
I hope someone can enlighten me. I bought the MR1 and most of my friends have tipp customs or A-5's and my MR1 doesn't come close in distance or accuracy to theirs. What am I doin wrong or what kind of upgrades should I look into? Thanks for the help in advance!

Hawk
09-15-2006, 01:22 AM
I personally like a bipod, apex barrel, remote line, some kind of sight (red dot, or the much more effective, more expensive holosight (for a good price go to marstar.ca)) As for your problem have you choronographed your gun? your velocity could be WAY to low. What type of paint are you using and where was it before? Remember, paint swells and dimples if its kept wrong, and accuracy depends mainly on paint to barrel match.

bbh1983
09-15-2006, 08:28 AM
My gun was chronoed at about 285 last time I checked it. As for paint, some brass eagle brand from Walmart. I don't know how much that is affecting my gun because we all use the same paint. I bought a new 32* 14" whisper barrel, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference either.

TheRedBarron
09-15-2006, 08:39 AM
The paint will make a difference if they all have a good paint to barrel match and you do not, you woud be shooting alot less accurate then them. 285 is good you dont want much more then that.

bbh1983
09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
What is usually a good paint to barrel match?

TheRedBarron
09-15-2006, 08:45 AM
if you put a ball in the end of the barrel and try to blow it through and it goes fairly easily you have a good match. if the ball sticks or just rolls through you have a bad match.

bbh1983
09-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Cool, thanks. :) Any other tips or suggested upgrades?

TheRedBarron
09-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Im not into Mil-Sim so I am a bad judge of upgrades for them, but I do suggest a good quality regulator.

bbh1983
09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
what about those delrin low blow bolts, any good?

TheRedBarron
09-15-2006, 09:13 AM
I would hold off on the bolt for now, get a good reg and such first. E frame never hurts either.

Hawk
09-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Im good with milsim, tell me what youd like in a pm or here and I can help you out, and if I cant theres a ton of people here that can.

Hob Hayward
09-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Well, when it comes to milsim theres a huge difference between parts that will uimprove performance, and parts that will just make your gun more mil-sim like.

I'd go along with suggesting a regulator as a good buy, I dunno what the MR1 looks liek without the mag on, but it looks good, then you could get a palmer stabilizer or a BL torpedo reg. If it doesn't look good without the mag, get a female palmer stab.

Also, I'd suggest stripping down the gun, cleaning and oiling, aswell as doing the otter mods. www.otterscustoms.com has alot of useful spyder information. www.sundragonpps.com has some MR specific mods and parts, if you wanna check his site out. One of the cooler ones I think is the stock mod.

sponge9
09-28-2006, 07:42 AM
1st- High Preasure tank instead of Co2, I have this and it runs much better and constant air.
2nd- Freak Barrel, with inserts, this will match your balls to your barrel for best shooting.
3rd- By better balls, cheapest i do from wal-mart is $40 for 2000.
4th- Automatic Hopper, I suggest the Halo, or the Empire, all others just can't compete if you ever get going above 14bps.
5th- If your still haveing problems get a reg for more air assurance. But the air tank should help there.

Those are the steps I would recomend, its the same that I do but without the freak, but have used it on my Timmy and love how accurate you can shoot.
Hope this helps you out in your quest for Semi-Auto accuracy.

mr1sniper
09-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Instead of modding it, sell it and save up for a better gun