PDA

View Full Version : Can you replace an HPA bottle reg?

mullannix930
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a 3A 68ci tank (don't laugh I got it from a relative that quit playing) I am not sure of the tank reg and am thinking about getting a different one. My question is, can I just get a Reg from like center flag etc and get it put in. Are the threads different from tank company to tank company?

vwjimmy
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
All tanks approved for paintball use are threaded the same....(at least I have never seen any that were not)
Make sure you know what you are doing or have a Professional replace it for you.....improper installation is very unsafe...

shunut
09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Why would we laugh about a 3A tank? When they were around they were good tanks. Its too bad they went out of business. I suggest the Smart Parts Max Flo Micro for a tank reg. You'll love it, built in on/off, dovetail rail and it makes a 68 feel like a 45.

mullannix930
09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks... I have heard several people talk crap about the 3A's. I am not sure why since the tank is made by a good company and the reg is Center flag. I just heard a lot of talk. But I guess people do that about a brand that they don't like or don't have.

Also are the 3A's 3 or 5 year HYDRO? The SCI web sight said that all of there paintball cylinders are 5 year.

shunut
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
You have to go by the DOT number on the tank to determine whether its 3 or 5 years. Check out www.hydrotester.com, they have a listing of what tanks are what.

vwjimmy
09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
You have to go by the DOT number on the tank to determine whether its 3 or 5 years. Check out www.hydrotester.com, they have a listing of what tanks are what.
If you need it tested, Geoff at Hydrotester.com is awesome :)

shunut
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Yes he is. He is very quick to respond to you, they get your stuff back to you quick, have decent prices and he'll answer any question you have about hydro testing and tanks.