PDA

View Full Version : bye bye electra HELLO Nerve

rafb86
09-13-2006, 08:57 AM
ok so the past few weeks ive been doing some reasearch as to which gun i should get next because .. well frankly im getting tired of my electra, and my buddy has new proto matrix and i wanna keep up with him at the field . After a couple days i came across the Smart Parts Nerve , and without even shooting it , it became my fav gun lol , i read reviews of it and saw a ton of videos and the thing Rips!! here is a linky http://www.smartparts.com/Products/Nerve.aspx
and the best part: its only 475$ new!!!!! heehhe down from 1,200 when it first came out.

so anyways i was just wondering if any of you have experiance with this marker and what you think about it (please no crazy flaming)

rafb86
09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
ps. my electra will be on the sale forums soon !!

TheRedBarron
09-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Not a fan of hte Nerve, it is just a fancy Impulse IMO. But hey, Im glad you like it and enjoyit.

spyderpaintball
09-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Yah, I am not a huge fan of the Nerve either. If you can get it working though they are decent guns.

DRAGON
09-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Seeing as you put so much $$$$ into your Electra, seems it would be best to keep it as backup since you won't get back for it what you payed out. It's a big jump understanding EP's compaired to habitual blowbacks so brace yourself for a little larnin experience. The only negative of the Nerve is SP made some of the threads distinctive from the other SP markers for some reason and there aren't a lot of ups for it since it didn't really shoot off as they predicted it would. It should definately be a step up from your Electra. Personally, I'd wait to see what the VS markers are like if I was pondering a new marker right now -

rafb86
09-13-2006, 10:48 AM
yeah thats what me and my buddy was debating today , if i should wait for the vs series.. right now i dont have all the money for it yet and i am in college so i wouldnt get to play much, but yeah i got alot of thinking to do before i get it, but i do love the price tag of 475 which is way cheaper then the proto matrix.

adriann222
09-13-2006, 10:51 AM
VS markers???

DRAGON
09-13-2006, 11:16 AM
VS markers???

You've been outta the loop too long Shady. You even live in Cali lol. Look in the news section - ;)

phatphil
09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Not a fan of the Nerve, it's too similar to an Impulse. I would look more towards a newer Matrix or Timmy.

durrell
09-13-2006, 11:48 AM
My dad has a Nerve and I don't like it at all. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

stylinbeaver
09-13-2006, 12:00 PM
There a decent looking gun in my opinion. I would buy a used one though. Get it alot cheaper and maybe some ups.

UKwithPride
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I was going to get one until I shot my friends. I hated the feeling of it.

Paintball0308
09-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I think they are being discontinued and for about $100 more you can find a shocker. I would look into that instead.

TacTownKilla
09-13-2006, 12:55 PM
They have been discontinued from what i have heard for a while now, a used 05 proto would been 23063804 times better then the nerve and the same price if not cheaper.

pbfreak3221
09-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm not buying any new markers till i see some specs on teh vs

shunut
09-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I personally have always like the Nerve. I've seen video's of it right out of the box and it rips. The price tag was steep but for $475 brand new I think its a pretty good deal. Even better is you can find an used one with ups for $300-350.

rafb86
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Ok thanks guys , thanks shunut , yeah i gotta get my hands on one first i guess. But can you guys be a lil more specific as to why you dont like it ??? i wanna know if there is something seriously wrong with it or people just dont like the feel of it, because as long as its a better then my electra and can shot ropes like ive seen of some of these vids i still like it..

vikingshadow
09-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I think that to most, it's a "feel" thing - call it preference. Some guns just don't "feel" right to you. There's nothing really wrong with the nerve, it's got everything stock that the Shocker SHOULD have on it stock, but doesn't. It's a bit different in operation, a little heavier and bulkier, but just like the other guys, I never liked the "feel" of it.

You really need to get hold of one somewhere, even if you have to travel, to get the feel of the gun. I didn't buy a shocker for months until I finally made it to Oklahoma City and held one for awhile. Then it took me about an hour and a half to decide on getting it....

Baller-59
09-14-2006, 04:39 PM
^It took me less than 20 min to walk out of the door with an Etek. about five of that was spent BSing about how much I hate my dragun with the guy who was workign there.

DyNasty9
09-14-2006, 05:01 PM
my best friend has a nerve, its not bad. i guess you could say it gets the job done. although when i shot it, it chopped about half a hopper.

deffinatly go hold it like everyones saying, you'd be suprised. i cant stand holding a proto or nerve just cuz im so used to my shocker being short. good luck

vwjimmy
09-14-2006, 05:22 PM
I think that to most, it's a "feel" thing - call it preference. Some guns just don't "feel" right to you. There's nothing really wrong with the nerve, it's got everything stock that the Shocker SHOULD have on it stock, but doesn't. It's a bit different in operation, a little heavier and bulkier, but just like the other guys, I never liked the "feel" of it.

I love big, heavy markers...I don't know why...
My sons own an Ion and a Pimp Kit....both nice markers but I like my big ole Spyders and the Angel....pick up as many different markers as you can before you decide... :)