PDA

View Full Version : Spyder SE

MaTT-HimselF
09-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey , this is my first post on here . I recently purchased a Spyder Rodeo and have a Spyder SE aswell that i traded for subs that i had . Glad to be aboard.

Problem is with my SE , its leaking at one point . After looking around Spyder's Website and on this board , i think its either the cup seal or valve body that are causing this problem . My question is , how can you tell if your cup seal or valve body are damaged ? I will take them apart and can take and post pictures of them later .

Thanks for your help and time .

DRAGON
09-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Cup seal leak will leak through the barrel and sometimes through the striker pressure releif hole(through the trigger frame) too -

MaTT-HimselF
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
The leak is coming from the barrel . The leak sounds louder when its uncocked then when its cocked. So this is the cup seal that is no good ?

Mech Warrior
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Most valve leaks (as opposed to the cup seal) occur when someone is careless when removing or installing the valve, and scratches the inside of the marker in the valve area. Then the valve's o-rings don't seal. One option is to get some softer or slightly thicker o-rings.

MaTT-HimselF
09-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Ive noticed that the valve is scratched at some points , maybe il try the o-ring tip you said . The cup seal looks to be in good shape , but i dont really know what a damaged one looks like . Im going to go get some new o ring's and il let you informed if that worked .
Thanks again.

ooglieboogliebob
09-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, most likely it's the cupseal. Any scratches on either can be the case. Sometimes i'v had my valve leaking, but the cupseal looked fine ... truth is ... it wasn't.

druid
09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
you can polish the scratches out with a dremel white button tip and Mother's Mag polish. Light pressure on the tip...

Click the "stores" link in my sig and find a store in there you can buy from.

Nenkitsune
09-12-2006, 02:51 PM
i would try some 1000 grit sandpaper if you don't have a dremel

MaTT-HimselF
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Thank you for all the help i will try a few things and see if it works and keep you updated :waytogo:

DRAGON
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Try the cup seal first -

aodsnyper
09-12-2006, 05:14 PM
also, i didn't see this mentioned... make sure you cock your SE before you attach your air source. if that was done, it wouldn't hurt to fire it a few times to see if it stops.

if nothing else, clean your cup seal and valve and replace the o-rings. more than likely your cup seal is bad, but before you purchase another, give them a good cleaning. in all actuality, i've found cup seals to be very resiliant so i would do the easy stuff first.

too, if you need one (a cup seal), i think i've got about four sitting around; at least one of which i could part with.

Justin

MaTT-HimselF
09-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I went out to buy some o-rings but the one's i bought are a bit to big thati can't slide the valve back in . Where i went there wasnt many of a selection to chose from . Il try to find more at work . Il also try and clean the cup seal .
Thanks again for the help guys.

MaTT-HimselF
09-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Update ..... Ive decided to try out my valve body and cup seal from my Rodeo and there is still a small leak coming out of the barrel . Its not as loud as before . Also when the marker is cocked there is no leak that i can hear . When i pull the trigger it does this drrrrrr sound then you can hear the leak and doesnt re-cock itself . Anyone have more ideas :confused:
Thanks in advance

MaTT

aodsnyper
09-27-2006, 07:48 AM
are you using Co2 or compressed air? and do you have a full tank?

MaTT-HimselF
09-27-2006, 08:48 AM
C02 and it's not empty because i used the same tank with m rodeo after .

Oscum Guy
10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Cup seal leak will leak through the barrel and sometimes through the striker pressure releif hole(through the trigger frame) too -
thats what happened to my friends compact 2000. i just replaced it and it worked again. i couldnt tell if it was broken or not tho.

this sounds alot like my friend compact. try replacing the o-rings on the valve and make sureyou put it back in the correct way.

Nenkitsune
10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
he said he replaced the valve/cupseal with his rodeo's and it still did it. maybe you have a bad spring in it, or damage to the actual body