PDA

View Full Version : 1 more newb question

slaymight
09-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi,

When fireing my weapon, i notice that the sear roll pin tends to come out a little ways, approx. 3/4 of a cm. why is that?

Hossy
09-12-2006, 06:03 AM
first off, i wouldnt call a paintball gun a weapon.

Second, Thats alot for the roll pin to come out....Its because the trigger is around that, and when the trigger hits it, i guess it will move some, but 3/4 of a CM seems kinda much..you may wanna check that out

shunut
09-12-2006, 06:17 AM
Hossy, please if you have nothing to add or to help the thread don't post.

Are you talking about the actual pin that holds the sear in place? And are you hammering it back in place and it keeps coming out?

ooglieboogliebob
09-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Yep, thats the pin he's talking about shunut.

Just try and put a piece of electrical, or even scotch tape over it and see if that helps.

It's probably from the kick of your gun, but it might be a manufacturing problem, you might even be able to get a new pin/frame from kingman if you email them ??

druid
09-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Remove the pin from the frame and lightly sand it to roughen the surface where it locks into the frame. Take clear nailpolish and dip the ends in it about 1/4" and let it dry. Do this 2-3 times. Then when it's all dry, tap it back into place. The nail polish acts like a wedge and the reason you dip it in layers is so that when it begins to peel from tapping it into the hole, the individual layer will peel and the under-layers are more apt to remain in place.

phantom_yyz
09-12-2006, 04:56 PM
WAAZZUPP MY FELLOW PPL! um ya its normal. it will break in soon, dont u worry

vwjimmy
09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Remove the pin from the frame and lightly sand it to roughen the surface where it locks into the frame. Take clear nailpolish and dip the ends in it about 1/4" and let it dry. Do this 2-3 times. Then when it's all dry, tap it back into place. The nail polish acts like a wedge and the reason you dip it in layers is so that when it begins to peel from tapping it into the hole, the individual layer will peel and the under-layers are more apt to remain in place.
This is a great fix! I have been using automotive touch up paint the same way, and it works great too. It is nice that it does not modify the pin or frame permanetly....
The layering is pure genius! The whole idea is to shim the lock end without making the pin non-removable...This fix will work for trigger and microswitch pins too....
Druid...I'd give you a "Bravo...A++" but Matt would jump on me for doing Vikes job...lol.. so I say......AWESOME FIX DUDE!!!

druid
09-15-2006, 09:26 PM
lol...thanks. You think that's good, you should see what I did to my van after the accident...it involved Plexiglass, deck screws and a heat gun...muhahahahahahaha