PDA

View Full Version : The Eye

BRASMAN
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Is the eye on the MR3 that much of an improvment over the improved detent on the MR2? My MR1 seemed to work fine when I played with it.

Hob Hayward
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
The eye is useful if your firing at high rates of speed, because it makes sure theres always a ball in the chamber BEFORE it allows the sear to be tripped piring the gun, that way, it can't chop, because you never outpace your hopper.

You probably didn't manage to outshoot your hopper with your MR1, I can't outshoot my friends grav hopper on his MR1.

bamf-hacker
09-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Is the eye on the MR3 that much of an improvement over the improved detent on the MR2? My MR1 seemed to work fine when I played with it.

Eyes and Detents perform two different functions.

Detents keep the ball from rolling down the barrel and keep the marker from feeding multiple balls into the chamber.

The Eye keep the marker from shooting unless there is a ball fully seated in the breach, thus preventing chops.

so to answer your question... Any gun with eyes is better than one without eyes.

Amazed
09-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Is the eye on the MR3 that much of an improvment over the improved detent on the MR2? My MR1 seemed to work fine when I played with it.

At present, I personally don't think so and here's why. I'm a newb to paintball and I went for the MR3 because of the ball anti-chop feature of the eyes... problem is; the eyes don't work in full auto so you end up chopping anyway.... and it doesn't have burst mode which I was interested in. I can say the stock is placed a bit lower due to the angle so that helps when actually trying to aim. I'm gonna have to invest in an expensive hopper and hope that the chop is due to slow feed, at least I hope so. It is a sweet marker that has an impressive look though.

Is it worth the xtra $50 or so, ummmmmmmmm, not so far.

Paintball0308
09-27-2006, 04:56 PM
The eyes only work in semi thats why you get chops in full auto. Also full auto is only like 12 bps. you can get faster in semi.

Amazed
09-29-2006, 04:47 AM
The eyes only work in semi thats why you get chops in full auto. Also full auto is only like 12 bps. you can get faster in semi.

Really, only 12bps? Jeez, didn't know that. Then will any feeder work that will do the 12bps? I need a quick response as I'm gonna get one today, just don't wanna spend more than I have to. I'd hate to spend $100+ if it's overkill.

BTW, I think I'm too old for my reflexes to spit out more than about 6bps.. LOL, so full-auto is a big help for me.

Thanks for any info,
Jim

Mistic67
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
It's probably a little late to post an answer on this. But, if anyone else reading this is looking to buy an MR3, I would say you need a fast loader on this gun.

I use an Empire B2 w/ speed set to max. I can atest to ripping through two full hoppers at full auto, without a single chop. I laid down another hopper full in semi (eye off), with no problems.

As far as the "improved eye", eyes are generally the same. The exception is if it uses a real laser. Those will work better through chops.

I think the MRs come stock with a single detent in them. Like Bamf-Hacker said, the detent's only jobs is to keep the ball in the chamber until it's fired. The single detent in the MR3 works just fine. If you think you have a detent problem, the easiest way to check is to drop a ball in and point the barrel down. If the ball goes past the detent, you either need to change it, or add another one to the feedneck side of the chamber.

Amazed
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
It's probably a little late to post an answer on this. But, if anyone else reading this is looking to buy an MR3, I would say you need a fast loader on this gun.

I use an Empire B2 w/ speed set to max. I can atest to ripping through two full hoppers at full auto, without a single chop. I laid down another hopper full in semi (eye off), with no problems.

Welp, after several days playing with my MR3; I had mixed results. I installed a VLocity hopper and a couple of times it emptied it in full auto with no problems. But more times than that, I had mis-fires, chops and non-recockings!!! What the heck? Twice I had to dig the ball skins from between the bolt and chamber. I read where you should set the hopper to 3 or 4 and I done that and it seemed okay, then a bit later due to misfires (gas release but no ball fired) so I set it to 5, then 6 (max is 8) but still things aren't very consistant. I'm using paintballs from the store I purchased the marker at (albeit economy ones) and tried some "monster" balls from Sports Authority (which seemed to work better). I've cleaned the MR3 very good, lubed it per the manual, recharged the battery, replaced the 9v batteries in the VLocity but still not shooting consitantly error free. Should I be looking at higher end paintballs and possibly have the muzzle velocity checked? I'm using HPA btw. Thanks for any help!

Jim

Mistic67
10-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Welp, after several days playing with my MR3; I had mixed results. I installed a VLocity hopper and a couple of times it emptied it in full auto with no problems. But more times than that, I had mis-fires, chops and non-recockings!!! What the heck? Twice I had to dig the ball skins from between the bolt and chamber. I read where you should set the hopper to 3 or 4 and I done that and it seemed okay, then a bit later due to misfires (gas release but no ball fired) so I set it to 5, then 6 (max is 8) but still things aren't very consistant. I'm using paintballs from the store I purchased the marker at (albeit economy ones) and tried some "monster" balls from Sports Authority (which seemed to work better). I've cleaned the MR3 very good, lubed it per the manual, recharged the battery, replaced the 9v batteries in the VLocity but still not shooting consitantly error free. Should I be looking at higher end paintballs and possibly have the muzzle velocity checked? I'm using HPA btw. Thanks for any help!

Jim

Honestly, I'm surprised to hear you have those problems, especially using HPA. Your hopper should work w/ full auto as it's only 12-13 bps. Using HPA, you shouldn't have any freezing problems either. I would check the innards again, making sure the marker's Chambers & barrel are nice & clean. Oil the o-ring on the hammer only. Make sure your Delrin bolt is clean & oil free. Put 4 drops of oil in your air nipple (it you are using or remote), connect the tank & shoot 6-10 blanks. Make sure your detent didn't crack.

Your tank should be regulated at 850 psi. Don't use another reg in your line.

Are you using a force feed or agitating hopper?

My friends used Monsters okay in their BTs, RAP4, & SP8s. I used Accoustics for practice & XBalls for play. My friends were chopping, but I think it's because they were using CO2. I chopped only twice. The first chop was from a branch in the barrel. the second was due to accidental de- programming of my hopper.

Give that a shot & let me know how it worked.

I wanted to add a couple of thoughts. Check your air lines & fittings for debris. Dirt can choke the recocking process. you also want to ensure the velocity is under 300.

Check your hopper & feed neck for burrs.

If using a remote, check that all connections are secure, no leaks, & all valves fully opened. If you used any teflon, make sure it's not interfering w/ airflow.

new_Faction64
10-24-2006, 02:53 PM
MISTIC! DO NOT PUT OIL INTO THE TANK'S FILL NIPPLE! People have blown up their tanks doing that man!

BTW the MR3 has better detents, not the MR2...

Mistic67
10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
No oil in the tank, in the bottom line. Sorry for the mistake.

CDog
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Dang no reply...do you think he blew up?