PDA

View Full Version : Played woodsball for the first time in a while sunday!

QAZ123
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
So I got a phone call a couple day's before asking if I wanted to go play woodsball with a group of guy's I played with once last year. I was planning on playing somewhere sunday so I said what the heck sure why not.

I got there and the guy that invited me wasn't there and I didn't recognize many of the faces so I just did my own thing and started to get ready. As much as I was actually wanting to rock my Timmy for some reason I decided to just play pump.

One thing about my pump though my 45/4500 was sent off to get hydro'd so I had my big arse 68/4500 on my sniper 2 along with a revvy instead of my pocket hopper as the brush was still pretty thick so in other word's my setup was a lot heavier than usual.

So I started getting everything ready and one of the younger kid's noticed I had a pump. He start's doing the usual "he's got a pump he must be stupid or crazy etc.etc." and I ignore as one of the guy's I played with before shut the kid up by saying in his exact word's "we played with him before and he kicked our a** so shut up" lol!

I only got to play two games as they were taking there time in between games and I had other thing's to get done.

First game we went in after them they were all on a right side hillside. I sent a small group of kid's to move parallel with them while myself and the rest pushed the left side. I ended up taking four out until getting hit as they took all the kid's out that were supposed just get there attention. Nonetheless I made a good impression.

Second game we went in first. I sent two kid's way off to hide as to when the other team comes in they could move in from behind. They did what they were told but two guy's told them they were out of bound's (which they weren't but they called themselves out anyway cause they just didn't know) so we got pummeled. I think the only kill I got was a guy who's head kept passing through a tree that was Y shaped. I timed it right to send some shot's through the Y and caught him on the shoulder. After that I defended my side but they wiped out our other side and walked right up to get the flag for a game over!

Nonetheless it was fun to go out and play just to have fun. No problem's no attitude's etc etc.

JB.

SharpObjects
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
It's always fun to play some woodsball. Although I never had the pleasure of playing with a pump, I'd like to try it some day. Glad to hear you had a great time.

Ace24
09-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Its good to get off the speedball field once and a while and play some good old woodsball. Personally I prefer it because there is more of a "stealth" team play going on. Lots of hand commands, lots of sneaking around, and lots of good plans that lead to some amazing plays.

Glad to hear you had fun!

Hob Hayward
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Its good to get off the speedball field once and a while and play some good old woodsball. Personally I prefer it because there is more of a "stealth" team play going on. Lots of hand commands, lots of sneaking around, and lots of good plans that lead to some amazing plays.

Glad to hear you had fun!

word.

I love woodsball for the same exact reasons.

Ace24
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Glad to hear there is others out there that still play it haha. I thought it was deminishing as speedball gained popularity.

Hob Hayward
09-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, before I got into the sport, I didn't know how prevelant speedball is, its kind of annoying that more people don't play woodsball, because its a good load of fun. So much more strategy than speedball, and in my mind, more freedom, the number of things you can do on a speedball field is very limited in comparison to the options on a woodsball field which are nearly limitless. Theres truly nothing more fun that flanking an enemy taking out half their team from behind and returning with the flag...

Nenkitsune
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
my friends and I play woodsball and tatical style paintball games a lot since that's what we have around us. our next game is going to be a speedball game, with home made bunkers of very thick cardboard (thick enough for the paint not to go through) Woodsball is a lot of fun during winter. during the spring/summer seasons the brush is way too thick. but when winter comes around, the brush is all dead and it becomes a lot more fun to play. we have our own little forest area with 2 bunkers to play in, with a natural trench going from behind the two bunkers, then around the side, connecting them. lots and lots of opportunities for ambushes

taurinic
09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
how long did it take you until you got used to shooting the pump?

i just recieved my sniper2 in the mail today and im really anxious to get on the field. I also got a 68/4500, wanted to trade for 45/4500 but found no one. :(

Ace24
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, before I got into the sport, I didn't know how prevelant speedball is, its kind of annoying that more people don't play woodsball, because its a good load of fun. So much more strategy than speedball, and in my mind, more freedom, the number of things you can do on a speedball field is very limited in comparison to the options on a woodsball field which are nearly limitless. Theres truly nothing more fun that flanking an enemy taking out half their team from behind and returning with the flag...
I was going to say something similar but I deleted it in fear of critisism... Exactly as I would have put it. :)

QAZ123
09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
how long did it take you until you got used to shooting the pump?

i just recieved my sniper2 in the mail today and im really anxious to get on the field. I also got a 68/4500, wanted to trade for 45/4500 but found no one. :(

The sniper took a while to get used to as I shot a vsc phantom for over a year and it only weighed like two pound's. Took about 2-3 outing's and a tourney now I'm good to go!

Hey you should check out the carolina interceptors man. There a pump oriented group that have there own message board and have pump day's all the time. PM me and I'll get you there info.

JB.

adriann222
09-12-2006, 05:57 AM
I have to admit, I'm a woodsball man myself.

I do play speedball. But usually only after I've killed myself in the woods for a couple of hours first. The orginal reason I enjoy paintball is for the tactics.

We have even played some tactics based games at my old field. We would actually disperse guns to each group based on tactics. Which means we would create 2 teams and we would set it up as such (depending on the numbers, but this is how we did it 5 out of the 7 times we've done it)

1 Electro-pneumatic player w/ unlimited pods (heavy machine gunner)
2 Electro- blind players w/ up to 4 pods (light machine gunners)
2 mech players w/ 100 rnd hoppers and up to 2 140 rnd pods (sqad leaders)
6 mech/pump class players w/ 40 rnd hoppers and 16 gram CO2 and up to 2 100 rnd pods (infantry)

This was actually a real fun game and it was real hard. The first time we played the infantry ran out of paint or air pretty quick. But once we got use to the limits in fire power the games really started to pick up. You really have to look at man placement and fields of fire for the machine gunners. It was really cool when a fire team would try and take on the heavy machine gunner. It was sweet to try and stick and move into flanking positions.

Plus we found that this was a real good way to play for those on limited budgets. That the hardest part was getting 16 gram adaptors and pumps for the infantry, so we eventally started using either 4 oz or 9 oz co2 tanks and mechs with the small hoppers.

Either way, if you like tactics limiting fire power and setting up fire teams and squads is a real nice way to bring reality back into the game. Plus it's easier to do because most woodsballers have some mech guns and the 40 rnd hoppers are like $5 each. Oh yeah, and you don't need to have a fill station because of the limited paint use (not to mention the price cut in only shooting limited paint).