PDA

View Full Version : Transporting equipment

anemcek
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
In the future I am looking to try playing in scenarios and fields in other states but not go through the hassle of driving 14 plus hours to make it there. Can anyone tell me the flight regulations or when I can go to get information on how to transport paintball gear (gun, tank, barrels, hopper) via airplane. I know the compressed air tanks have to be empty, duh, but i recall hearing you have to take the reg off so that the tanks can be looked in, isnt it not safe for a non certified person to remove parts like that on a compressed air tank in the chance they are put on correct. Also is any of this stuff carry onable if in a locked carrying case? please let me know if you know anything that can help me with this.

shunut
09-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure they won't let you carry anything on the plane. As for the tank, yes, you have to have the reg off so they can look into the tank. If you are worried about taking it on and off, most shops will do it for free. So just have it taken off before you leave then when you get to the field I'm sure they can put it back on.

Recon by Fire
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
UPS insured.

shunut
09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
:yeahthat:

Shipping your stuff ahead of time FTW. If you are going to be staying in a hotel you can just inform them of the package and they will hold it for you.

TheRedBarron
09-12-2006, 07:17 AM
What are the guidelines for taking paintball guns and tanks on flights?
All airlines require that tanks and markers be packed in checked luggage only. Other regulations concerning equipment can vary from airline to airline so it is best to check with the particular airline you are flying if you have any questions.

^^ From PSP.

However in my experiance you have been forced to remove the reg so that they can look down into it. I have always just sent my tanks ahead via UPS until recently when I started using a Max Flo Micro.

Edit: and with recent problems with airlines with many airlines you are not allowed to carry on anything besides a personal bag such as a breifcase or purse. This all will change when the alert goes back down.

Paintball0308
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
How does the maxflow micro work. Does it screw off easier or what.

shunut
09-12-2006, 03:57 PM
It requires no locktite and is easy to take on and off when the tank is empty. I have one and personally I'd never own another tank reg. Its a tank reg and on/off all in one. Only thing that would be nice is if it had a bleeder valve on it.

Ace24
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Ohhh! Those huge things that have duel guages on it screw directly into your tank? I didnt know that... I was going to buy one of those, but then I picked one up and its pretty heavy... I guess the combined weight of the tank reg and the ASA would add up to the same, but my Fenix is heavy as it is...

TheRedBarron
09-12-2006, 04:49 PM
no, not the huge things that screw onto your guns. That would be the original maxflow. the new one is smaller and tighter and so much better in so many ways.

Ace24
09-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Really? I'll have to look into it. Right now I think I will stick with my CP On/Off...

TheRedBarron
09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
To each his own, dont hijack the thread though.