PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS broke again.

BlackHawk
09-11-2006, 07:46 AM
the rear chrome cover that covers the bolt broke off again. the first time during the first game with it.... got it replaced, then went yesterday and played another game, and it broke again.... guess the best deal is to leave it off and play without the cover for the bolt.... the vel adjuster is still there, just the top part that covered the bolt departed company.

vwjimmy
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Mine has been missing for a long time....
I like the look of it without it and it doesn't effect operation at all.....
Now I don't worry about it popping me in the face either! :)

JMotioN
09-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Mines been broken for some time too. I just sanded down the ugly part on top of the V Adjuster and it looks better. Spyder has been taking their time shipping me my replacement part, wish they would test their markers before they mass produce

MVS1
09-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I doubt there is any one that has a Pilot ACS that has not given up on the striker/bolt plate issue. Since its gone go ahead and take care of another problem you will be having real soon and replace your bolt with a rear-cocking bolt. If you have not experienced the cocking pin problem yet you soon will. There are plenty of rear-cocking ACS bolts to be had (most around $30-$40) and are definitely worth the money, or you can mod it yourself. I mod'd my bolt to rear-cocking and had the 3 other ACS owners I play with ask me to do the same on their markers. Drill, tap and some creatively/skill is all you need.

pb34
09-11-2006, 12:07 PM
The replacement part kingman would send you is just the bottom piece. So basically it was there for cosmetic purposes.

JMotioN
09-12-2006, 08:00 AM
yeah the guy i called was like yeah.. its really just for cosmetics. Otter has a rear cocking mod doesnt he, is it worth it?