PDA

View Full Version : making markers

Tonee
01-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking about making my own markers... would it be my best bet too make custom bodies for my electra - and maybe sell them (or would this be a copy right breach?) Or I could just keep them myself and change them about whenever I feel like it, THEN move onto the biggy of making my own?

What do you guys, n gals think?

covert24
01-09-2006, 01:02 PM
if u had a decent amount of money to start out and enough skill to make everything diverse then id say go for it. youd also have to anodnize them which costs like 90 bucks for a 2 color glossy. so like i said get money and have te skills and ur good.

thechubbss12
01-10-2006, 04:57 AM
No it would not be a copy right law IF.. You did not specify a name of the marker you were makeing it for (like saying "this body is for the Kingman Spyder Electra" the correct way would be "Body for a spyder marker") not using eather name copywrited by Kingman and its branch companies.

OtterSC
01-10-2006, 06:40 AM
actually, i would say Spyder Clone or closed bolt/blowback marker.

BallerX
01-10-2006, 07:39 AM
You're looking at a HUGE undertaking to manufacture your own paintball marker. You need to be able to machine all your own parts, this included grip frame, body, VA, ASA, feedneck, barrel, grips, and all your internals. And if you're going to make an electro - then you need to get all those parts as well. Printed board, switchs capacitor, etc.

There is a substantial amount of over head involved. Just make sure you look at things from all angles before diving in. Business is not something to rush into lightly.

Tonee
01-10-2006, 07:54 AM
You're looking at a HUGE undertaking to manufacture your own paintball marker. You need to be able to machine all your own parts, this included grip frame, body, VA, ASA, feedneck, barrel, grips, and all your internals. And if you're going to make an electro - then you need to get all those parts as well. Printed board, switchs capacitor, etc.

There is a substantial amount of over head involved. Just make sure you look at things from all angles before diving in. Business is not something to rush into lightly.

Aye I know (90% of the things that will be epected of me). I am just thinking of making custom items for now, then hopefully going further into it

Xecutiv3
01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Bah, who needs a milling machine when you got a dremel. One thing I'd like to see is a half-blocked Spyder, it would require more engineering than anything