PDA

View Full Version : SCUBA re-fill station

Sandman_Bravo
09-10-2006, 05:00 AM
I searched scuba on these forums and got a lot of good info. I have several questions and would appreciate it if anyone could help:
1)What is, or how do you use multiple "cascade" tanks?
2)Timbertiger had posted you use one for volume and one for pressure. Are they interconnected or do you use them seperately?
3)I only need to fill for 2 people, would 1 scuba tank be good for a day of play?
4)What size scuba tank would be best?
5)Does anyone make a hose that connects to the fill station on the scuba tank so I don't have to hold the paintball tank right up to the scuba? (I'd like to leave the tank on my gun while re-filling)
6)Are all re-fill stations comparable, i.e. quality/price?
I have a 68/4500 but am good with 3000 fills if that helps any. Thanks in advance.

stylinbeaver
09-10-2006, 06:41 AM
All I know about scuba tanks are, that they cost the same price to fill as your small tanks. And that they give you about 20 good fills. So 20 fills for 2 people, should be enough air. I was looking in to buying one myself. Also, I think to hydro one, is like 25-35 bucks.

Sandman_Bravo
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I found a few websites that sell scuba tanks and fill stations. I guess it'll have to be trial & error.

Recon by Fire
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
1)What is, or how do you use multiple "cascade" tanks?This is simply having two or tanks linked together in a series, it will maintain your operating pressure at a higher level for longer obviously since their are more tanks.
2)Timbertiger had posted you use one for volume and one for pressure. Are they interconnected or do you use them seperately?See above, yes, they are interconnected.
3)I only need to fill for 2 people, would 1 scuba tank be good for a day of play?Plenty.
4)What size scuba tank would be best?Most affordable and common is the 80cf 3000psi tank.
5)Does anyone make a hose that connects to the fill station on the scuba tank so I don't have to hold the paintball tank right up to the scuba? (I'd like to leave the tank on my gun while re-filling)Probably, never bothered to look. The more expensive fill stations already have this attachment you want. The more affordable ones you just attack your HPA tank to the fill nipple directly. It is no big deal filling like this, actually easier IMHO.
6)Are all re-fill stations comparable, i.e. quality/price?You don't need an ubber priced fill station to have a dependable and safe fill station. I bought mine off of Ebay for like $25. Works great.
I have a 68/4500 but am good with 3000 fills if that helps any. Thanks in advance.I mostly fill 68/4500's with my 3000psi SCUBA also. The 3000psi tanks actually have a 10% overfill rating so they can be filled to 3300psi. Not to mention some shops will fill above this level for you because the tanks will actually safely handle more (my shop fills mine to 3500psi).

I will add that it is usually best to buy your tank from wherever you plan on getting your fills from, even if it cost you more for the tank. You will also have to mark the tank with paint "Paintball Only". Usual cost for a N2 fill for these tanks ar $5.

Sandman_Bravo
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
That was amazingly helpful. Thanks a lot Recon.