PDA

View Full Version : trading?

davey123
09-09-2006, 06:30 PM
i have pretty much read every thread written in this forum. i have seen many threads of people trading guns. if i wanted to trade my gun how would i do it?

marvin-martian
09-09-2006, 06:40 PM
whats your question? how often would you trade? how much could you expect for your marker? what?

Hossy
09-09-2006, 07:03 PM
well do this, list all the specs of ur gun....such as what comes with it and all, and then also show pics, and condition of gun, and what u want from the gun, if its a trade or money

vikingshadow
09-10-2006, 05:33 AM
There are a couple of ways to do it.

You can have what's called a "third party" trade. Both of you ship your guns to someone you both trust, that person checks both of them out, then completes the trade by either sending them on to you or if they aren't any good back to you, thereby canceling the trade.

You can have the person send you his gun first, or vice versa. Usually causes more trouble than it's worth, in my opinion.

Then you can meet up somewhere.

davey123
09-10-2006, 09:46 AM
thanks for the help :)

Hossy
09-10-2006, 12:05 PM
if you want a good example of a sales thread...check vikes thread, it has all the basic stuff down, plus his pictures are very nice to the eye, so it attracts more peoples attention

JMotioN
09-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Personaly i would never buy from some random person on a forum (thats just me), id go on your Fields Forums and post what you want to buy or what you are selling. ANd then just meet up at the field on Saturday or something. That way no buddy gets ripped off, they/you can try b4 you buy, and you/they can answer all the questions right there.

Hossy
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
thats basically the whole point of PMs, and pics, as well as feedback JMotion

TheRedBarron
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
There are many people on this forum who have been trading and selling guns online for some time. It is a rather simple proess involving checking somones feedback before you buy... If they do not have feedback and you do, have them send first on the basis that you have enough feedback to be trusted. The feedback should be able to tell you whether or not you can trus the person.

But lets assume neither one of you has any feedback. The best option is to send your gun to a 3rd party that you both trust (For example Otter used to offer 3rd party services.) they will in turn open both packages inspect the gear and send it on like Vike said, they also have the option to send it back if one or the other is not as explained.

Selling and trading online is very easy you just need to be careful dont do anyhting that your gut tells you not to, for example if somone is offering a brand new Timmy for trade for an used stock Spyder straight up that is too good to be true and in 99% of the cases is a scam. Just keep your radar out and make sure you eel comfortable with what you are doing.

JMotioN
09-12-2006, 08:46 AM
thats why i said personally, not YOU MUST RAWR! =). besides hes probaly not going to listen to me anyways, and i like to try before i buy