PDA

View Full Version : anti-siphon

sp5080
09-09-2006, 02:49 PM
How can I tell without taking the valve off of my co2 tank if it has an anti-siphon tube or not? It has a paintmark on the tank and the valve also if that indicates anything.

Thanks
Jeremy

vikingshadow
09-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't think you can. There was no indication on my tank other than the mark to show it was anti-syphoned.

sp5080
09-09-2006, 03:07 PM
So if it has the paintmark on it does that mean i need to keep the mark up and it won't pickup liquid co2?

vikingshadow
09-09-2006, 04:22 PM
If your tank has an anti-syphon in it, then NORMALLY, the mark would indicate "This Side Up." However, if it was installed incorrectly or the joker that painted it meant, "This Side Down," then that's a problem.

I would just drain the tank, then remove the valve and check. That way, you can mark the tank correctly to fit your gun - ie, screwing the tank all the way into your asa. Doesn't take much, you might have to melt the loctite, but it's not that tough to do.

OtterSC
09-10-2006, 03:19 AM
each shop does it differently. the mark either means up or down.

i assume that the lines are matched from the valve to the tank. if not, then it may not be an antisiphon tank.

one way that you could test is to install the tank with the mark up and then down. if either of these positions shows an excess of CO2, then that is where the siphon is pointing down.

SparkyGT
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
hook up an asa on/off hold the bottle level and crack it quickly, ya can tell by the amount of "snow", if you turn it 180 degreees and it doesnt do the same when cracked quickly. if the tube is down it will pull liquid co2 out