PDA

View Full Version : check it trigger question

blue_blank
09-09-2006, 12:35 PM
i got my new trigger frame (woot) and it has a check it products flat trigger and i was wondering what the screw on the trigger not the frame the trigger is for

kidonfire
09-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't own a Sweetspot trigger myself, but I think it is for adjusting the trigger pull.

vwjimmy
09-09-2006, 01:31 PM
The screw on the middle of the trigger is to set pull depth...that is how far down the trigger can push the microswitch...you should set it to stop as soon as the switch triggers the 'noid.......

blue_blank
09-10-2006, 09:24 AM
do i use a allen wrench? and do i turn clockwise or counter

Nenkitsune
09-10-2006, 09:34 AM
clockwise decreases distance, counterclock increases distance. it' uses an allen wrench. for some reason some of the newer spyders came with the sweetspot trigger stock. dunno why though, but i'm glad lol

blue_blank
09-10-2006, 04:23 PM
another quick question is there a way to keep the trigger from shaking

vwjimmy
09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
05 and up ESP Spyders come with a flat trigger but it is not a CIP Sweetspot....
You could shim the sides of the trigger to get rid of the wobble...

tigerdave714
09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Blue, did you buy the one I was selling on ebay?

The guys are right. The screw in the middle of the trigger is for setting the backstop. I had mine set so that the trigger would stop traveling backward immediately after tripping the microswitch. As for the side-to-side play in the trigger, there's a "how to" on Otter's website for fixing that with a tiny little washer on either side of the trigger. I never found it necessary.

If you did buy mine, I hope you enjoy it. It always did great for me. With a little practice and some adjustment to the backstop screw, I found that I could walk it fast enough (in semi mode) to outshoot my 12volt Revvy.

Nenkitsune
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
05 and up ESP Spyders come with a flat trigger but it is not a CIP Sweetspot....
You could shim the sides of the trigger to get rid of the wobble...
so basically my e-99 avant was one of the last ones made in a way?
even though it's a knock off it's still better than the stock trigger

blue_blank
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Blue, did you buy the one I was selling on ebay?

The guys are right. The screw in the middle of the trigger is for setting the backstop. I had mine set so that the trigger would stop traveling backward immediately after tripping the microswitch. As for the side-to-side play in the trigger, there's a "how to" on Otter's website for fixing that with a tiny little washer on either side of the trigger. I never found it necessary.

If you did buy mine, I hope you enjoy it. It always did great for me. With a little practice and some adjustment to the backstop screw, I found that I could walk it fast enough (in semi mode) to outshoot my 12volt Revvy.
yeah ,and its awsome i trying to keep up with my friend who got a ion a few months ago. the trigger frame is great, i modified it so it closer than when you mailed it to me and now i am shooting faster than the full auto thx alot:D

tigerdave714
09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm glad you like it. Like I said... I was always pleased with the performance I got out of that trigger frame. The ESP 3.0 and the CIP Sweetspot trigger are a great combination. Good luck with it.