PDA

View Full Version : Barrels

armadaPB
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
everyone says that the ceramic and s2 are the best for a spyder but the the problem is th 14 inch ceramic is always out of stock, does anyone no if the 32* whisper is good

armadaPB
09-09-2006, 12:29 PM
my signature says i hav the 14 inch because i was bound to get it

kidonfire
09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't know about the whisper, but I have the 32* Night Stick and I really like it. You should probably go to pbreview.com and check the revews too.

armadaPB
09-09-2006, 12:32 PM
does it shoot straight

twiztidjuggalo
09-09-2006, 12:35 PM
ive used the 32* whisper barrel for a long time on a few guns,tl,a view loader,my old pilot,and an icon. the barrel preforms pretty well, shoots pretty nice to and does make ur gun sounds a bit more quite. its def a good barrel, and preforms very well for the price, so far i havent broken a ball in mine yet,and thats over 20,000 shots,way over lol

armadaPB
09-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I no that i alredy posted this but is it an acuurate barrel

vwjimmy
09-09-2006, 01:36 PM
The Whisper is as accurate as a large bore barrel can be.... mine is .691 and 14" long....it shoots pretty straight but not as accurate as my J&J because the J&J has a .689 bore....still, it is far superior to the stock barrel and much quieter too....well worth the $$...
Click the link at the bottom of my sig and check with durrells site...he can get you the J&J...

shunut
09-09-2006, 03:05 PM
The barrel alone hardly controls you accuracy. Although if the barrel is poorly made and has an inconsistant bore then it might but accuracy is mainly controlled by your barrel to paint match. Smart Parts, J&J, Dye, Custom Products and Stiffi all make great barrels, but if you put the wrong size paint in them you are going to get poor accuracy. So the best thing to do if you want accuarcy is to make sure your paint matches your barrel.

JMotioN
09-12-2006, 08:09 AM
have you tried looking on ebay for a JJ 14inch? i got mine for 35 bucks with a free squeegee. great barrel, huge diffrence from the stock barrel.

bamf-hacker
09-13-2006, 05:46 AM
The barrel alone hardly controls you accuracy. Although if the barrel is poorly made and has an inconsistant bore then it might but accuracy is mainly controlled by your barrel to paint match. Smart Parts, J&J, Dye, Custom Products and Stiffi all make great barrels, but if you put the wrong size paint in them you are going to get poor accuracy. So the best thing to do if you want accuarcy is to make sure your paint matches your barrel.

QFT!!!

Just make sure you look at a paint chart and get the paint that matches what you finally wind up getting.

Barrel Chart (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrelc.html)

Paint Chart (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html)

sic-wit-it
09-13-2006, 06:18 AM
What do you ppl think about the 14" SP linnear barrel?? i got it just a few weeks ago and it works great for me but I only have the stock barrel to make a comparison to, so my feedabck would obviously not be a credible one.

spyderpaintball
09-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Linear is not bad, but it is a new line from SP so I have yet to see results over the long run like a Progressive or an AA. Generally though SP makes good barrels so they have history on thier side.

nbishop66
09-15-2006, 10:19 AM
I have the J&J Ceramic 14" on my Pilot, and bought a J&J S2 12" for my ION because they didn't have any 14s. They both shoot very well, I can't really see any difference. Don't be afraid to go with the 12". Now that I have a 12" I'm liking it better than the 14". Just personal preference