PDA

View Full Version : What would I get for my Shocker?

vikingshadow
09-09-2006, 06:05 AM
As you know, I haven't played in months, and both my Shocker and Phantom have sat on my piano bench and piano on their stands for WEEKS without even being touched - it's sad, I know. :( Ok, I'm not putting this in the sale threads because it's NOT for sale at the moment, but the question has been asked of me a couple times already, so I'm just wondering...by the way, I'm not testing the waters, I just want to know JUST IN CASE I DECIDE TO SELL SOMETIME THIS WINTER!

Apparantly, I'm pretty bad at pricing things...my Angel hasn't had a bite other than trade offers for Ions and Spyders (and a PSP package - if I knew anything about a PSP, I'd probably understand how to deal with it) so I thought I'd get a concesus on what to charge for things. Spyders are so much easier to price, because you can pretty much tell what's going on in the market.

This is an 04 Vision shocker, totally broken in. It's been played with so it's well maintained and an excellent gun. It's majorly upgraded as well. I bought it brand new and it's not been abused at all.

SP Q lock, NDZ Stinger v3 bolt kit, brand new solenoid (used twice since I installed it,) SP VA with guage, Ton Ton frame, NDZ Slik Trigger (also an NDZ roller trigger, stock trigger AND a Ton Ton Trigger available) VIRTUE board, SP S rail, NDZ EZ Bleed ASA, total Freak kit, Dye Stickies, new detents (a case gone through since installed) with a good Maxflow vert reg (these were hit and miss, mine was a hit.) Only thing stock is the body, the guide and the maxflo, but why change it if it's working?

Anno has faded a little on the back top from carrying it around - gloves are hard on anno. It has one scratch on it that I can recall, but not all that noticeable. The color scheme is blue/black. Here's a picture, in case you haven't seen it (haha!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/shockerwithtonton2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Gun%20pics/shockerofthemonthpic2.jpg

I have a price in mind, but I'd like to hear what you guys think!

spyderpaintball
09-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I'll take the phantom from you Vike.

I'm really not that good at pricing but I am thinking 500-700 rough estimate maybe more but I really dont know.

Hossy
09-09-2006, 06:55 AM
i think its worth nothing, so if u want to dispose it correcetly, you can send it my way..... :)

syke tho, i think you could get that sold fast right now for like 550-600

kidonfire
09-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Hold it a couple years till I work up the cash, and I'll take it off your hands...
but seriously, I'd say you could probably get 600 - 700$ for it.

bigred76
09-09-2006, 07:39 AM
$10 here and now. ;)

$550-700 for the Shocker (wide range because you never know what kind of offers you'll get) and $250-285+ on the Phantom because I can't remember what's on it. :crazy:

vikingshadow
09-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Ok, that's about what I thought - too bad I can't get back what I put in it!

Hossy
09-09-2006, 08:33 AM
vike.....

if you use AIM- get me on there at Jumboshrimp32....

or just PM me please

timmyshoota
09-09-2006, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't think you'd get over $650 for it and that might be a stretch. I'd say $550-600 on PBN, $650-800(yes, I've seen people buy similar shockers for that much) locally. Your best bet for money is local, but it is 1000x easier to sell on PBN.

The sad thing about Shockers is you can't get even near what you put into it. Thats one thing I don't like about them. They require a good bit of money to get them good, and then you lose all the money you put into them. Thats why I prefer guns like DMs, Timmys, Egos and Angels. Out of the box they mow faces and really don't need any money put into them. You don't get hit as hard come resale time. Shockers would make great guns if they came more ready to roll out of the box.

/rant. :)

vikingshadow
09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I agree - while my gun is awesome right now, and it was great when I got it (I paid WAY too much for it new and it was NON vision at the time) but it needed a few ups to get it where I want it (right where it is now) which resulted in several hundred more invested...

I think that if SP would put just a tiny bit more into them in the beginning, then it'd be a much better gun resale wise. Sure, it competes on it's own, but the end run is not that great. But, like I said, I'm just looking for opinions. Timmy's was closer to what I thought on selling it on PBN. Locally, there isn't anyone who'd spend that kind of money on a paintball gun. They still think the MR1 that Wal-Mart sells is the greatest paintball invention out there - no offense Kingman!

Sandman_Bravo
09-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I've been watching shockers on e-bay for a month or so. Most upped ones are fetching 450-575 depending on the upgrades and age of the marker. (new style body- 03 & up) I also noticed that in the late spring/early summer the prices were obviously higher than now, as we approach fall.

pman15
09-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Hold it a couple years till I work up the cash, and I'll take it off your hands...
but seriously, I'd say you could probably get 600 - 700$ for it.

i really dont think he'll hold on for it a couple years.probably a couple months

marvin-martian
09-09-2006, 05:18 PM
i really dont think he'll hold on for it a couple years.probably a couple months
i dont think he was being serious...

Baller-59
09-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I'll give you a swift kick in the rear for it

vikingshadow
09-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I'm being serious about it, just not sure when though. Could be a couple months, could be next year, I just don't know. I mean, the forums are the ONLY paintball I do now...I haven't even shot in my backyard for almost 7 months now.

Hossy
09-10-2006, 04:48 AM
well you could get another 04 speed for it.... :D

vike, atleast your still here....

spyderpaintball
09-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Like I said Vike. If you are ever thinking of letting that phantom go I am very interested.

Baller-59
09-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I'm being serious about it, just not sure when though. Could be a couple months, could be next year, I just don't know. I mean, the forums are the ONLY paintball I do now...I haven't even shot in my backyard for almost 7 months now.
my offer still stands; you pay shipping both ways:dodgy:

bamf-hacker
09-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Like I said Vike. If you are ever thinking of letting that phantom go I am very interested.

No he is not...

I am interested in it :)

J/k... I am number 2 inline for dibs on the Phantom.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 05:09 PM
i bet a pawn shop would buy it for a pretty penny :dodgy:

hXc drummer23
09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
i bet a pawn shop would buy it for a pretty penny :dodgy:

Yea they would pay over $1000 for it.:dodgy: