PDA

View Full Version : Where's druid these days??

druid
09-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, 2 things have hampered my on-line experience...

1. My Enternet is being ghey and issues with the provider is not helping matters.
2. The Prison opened the new expansion 8 months early and didn't hire enough staff to safely operate it. This equates to "Mandatory" overtime and this past week I've worked 88 hours and am planning on no less than 60 hours this week. 5 hours of sleep a night, no time with the family and even less time for the computer is somewhat offset by the huge paychecks but I'm never around/awake to enjoy them:( ...

I can occasionally get on the work computers and figure out how to get around firewalls but that's hap-hazard at best. I got my daughter a Compaq Presario with wireless and the coffee shoppe accross the street provides free access. Since she's on it all night, I doubt I'll get much use of it (right now her friend is over so I copped the computer ^.^ )

As soon as the rookies graduate the Academy (sometime in November) and after amonth of 'ghosting' senior officers (me and a few others), they can come on-line and absorb some of the OT we're being inundated with.

Until then, I figured I'd let everyone know where I was because I haven't been around....lol.

later,
druid

bamf-hacker
09-08-2006, 06:36 PM
woot .....

Its Druid

Man you must have 100000000 posts to read :)

Welcome back ,even if it is short lived.

vwjimmy
09-08-2006, 06:45 PM
hey Druid!!!!
I just figured you were enjoying being back at work....maybe thumping a few misbehavers.....
Good to see ya!!!

spyderpaintball
09-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I've been away longer:tongue:

Welcome back and good luck.

pbfreak3221
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
ya I was wondering where you were myself man how long have you been working for the prison

stylinbeaver
09-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Maybe you didn't see the mistake in your feedback thread today:D :D Only a couple of people know about that:D

bamf-hacker
09-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Maybe you didn't see the mistake in your feedback thread today:D :D Only a couple of people know about that:D

;)

ooglieboogliebob
09-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Don't worry Druid, im feeling close, but not as intense as you are. Im tired off my arse right now, barely keeping myself awake. 4 Hours of sleep after going to school (sometimes staying after), then constant Hw, then maybe SOME computertime, but by then i don't even really want to look at the screen. Hope for the best of you Paul !!!

bigred76
09-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I've been away longer:tongue:
Who are you again??? :confused:

'Bout time you jacked the comp! Took you, what? 2 days? :p Just messin' with ya...

Sandman_Bravo
09-09-2006, 05:22 AM
Hello Druid, ...get some sleep!

druid
09-11-2006, 09:03 PM
ya I was wondering where you were myself man how long have you been working for the prison

almost 10 years. They decided to expand it and opened it too early. The plumbing wasn't even connected right and when they fired her up there was 9" of water on the bottom 2 floors and 6" on the uppers...lol....retards...

anyway...once these rookies get on-line and trained, it'll help absorb some of these overtimes.

...and thanks guys for the warm returns...

bigred76
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
once these rookies get on-line
Somehow I find that statement ironic. :D

druid
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Somehow I find that statement ironic. :D

forgive the tiredness...what does ^^that mean??? lol...

Anyway...the laptop's a Compaq Presario...Intel Core Dual Processor 1.6GHz, 512 MB ram, 80 gig HD, multi 8X DVD+R/RW drive with double layer support, 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN......total cost was $799 + $200 for the waranty

Paid for a 2 year service/parts warranty also.

...and it took 2 days to pry it out of her hands + the threat of using it as a clay pigeon if she didn't let me on it...lmao

I hate the mouse thing...I kep reaching for a tethered mouse and it's not there...damn technology -.-