http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG0034.jpg

Nader
09-08-2006, 03:46 PM
good work.

teh shocker ftw.

any plans for it?

Sandman_Bravo
09-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I have a bid in on a CP ASA- on/off at e-bay, I already replaced the feedneck (see pics), and I plan on getting a better efficiency bolt. I'll use it untill the detents die and then put in Kila's.

pbfreak3221
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
nice, nice as soon as im done doing my ion I think a shocker is going to be my next project. good luck

stylinbeaver
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Nice gat! You want be dissapointed with the cp on/off. It is flawless!

Sandman_Bravo
09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I've been looking at the Evil Pipe kit also, but I can't decide between that and the Freak. For now the All American will do.

DyNasty9
09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
nice choice!!

deffinatly get a new trigger the stock one sucks.
i thought the stock trigger was fine till i tried an aftermarket one and was like wow stock trigger ftl.

Sandman_Bravo
09-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Mike actually hooked me up with one. I like blade triggers like the stock one but I'll try this aftermarket one. Also, Sanchez and I tried to put in a HE bolt kit but it kept leaking. I don't know why?

DyNasty9
09-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, Mike actually hooked me up with one. I like blade triggers like the stock one but I'll try this aftermarket one. Also, Sanchez and I tried to put in a HE bolt kit but it kept leaking. I don't know why?
where was it leaking??

ricochet08
09-08-2006, 09:02 PM
nice :D

Sandman_Bravo
09-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Around the firing can o-rings, then the barrell. We tried new o-rings and everything else we could think of. Only the stock parts sealed.

DyNasty9
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Around the firing can o-rings, then the barrell. We tried new o-rings and everything else we could think of. Only the stock parts sealed.
hmm thats weird, try looking around here Link (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockersft/index.html)

thats a great site.

claustrophobia9
09-09-2006, 12:41 PM
the drop

vikingshadow
09-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Nice! My stock detents never did die, but I stripped the hole on one of them so I just replaced them. I agree with Claus on the drop. You'll like a rail or direct mount better. However, if you don't get the CP, look into the NDZ asa's. Pretty sweet stuff!

You have to lube up the bolts on the outside pretty good. Not so much on the inside around the actual bolt, but on the outside of the can it doesn't hurt. That could be the problem. Could be a scratch somewhere as well.

Could also be the orings on the bolt and guide. You have to have the exact size on them or they tend to leak and not be as efficient.

Sandman_Bravo
09-10-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm still looking for a HE bolt. I think the smart parts one is overpriced (actually they all are) and the NDZ has a funky cut-away firing can that requires lining up perfectly. I'm not sure about the Evolve, seems like I read something bad about them too. Not too many choices out there.

vikingshadow
09-10-2006, 05:16 AM
The stinger is awesome though, and the cheapest one out there that I know of. It works just like the others, and really isn't that hard to insert (that's what I have.) I would go with it, if you can find one, or the Evolve.

Sandman_Bravo
09-10-2006, 05:22 AM
I've read that the evolve needs to run at higher pressures to function optimally, and that can lead to noid problems, true? I'd hate to fry a noid on a new gun.

vikingshadow
09-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Well, I've never actually used an Evolve - seems a lot of people prefered it over the Stinger so that's why I mentioned it.

To me, I was looking to save money, and honestly? I've really never had a problem installing it into the gun. All you do is line it up and push it in - a couple times, I've had to push it back out again and redo it, but it's not that inconvenient. For the money saved and the efficiency I got, it's a great bolt.

Sandman_Bravo
09-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Thanx for the info.

leed
09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
You also may want to wait a little for the Eigen bolt to be fully produced, as that will not cost you as much, and will raise your efficency.

With that, using X-rings as opposed to O-rings is also supposed to raise your efficiency a little as there is more then sealing point on the ring, which makes a more efficient seal. -- I don't know if this is actually true or not, but apparently it is.

Anyways, the shocker looks nice. IMO, a Freak will look better, and you will only have to buy the back and the bores, as your All American front will fit.

TheRedBarron
09-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Not really a Shocker fan but it looks good, enjoy.

pman15
09-12-2006, 06:19 PM
nice:up: how much? and where'd ya get it from?

Paintball0308
09-12-2006, 07:33 PM
damn that is one ugly shocker

j/k that gun is nice, im thinking about buying one.

Sandman_Bravo
09-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Well it's on it's way back to Smart Parts. ****ing HE bolt that should have came with it stock (an extra $100) fired once and jammed. Of course all S.P. goodies come with NO ****ing instructions or pictures. Three phone calls to tech service later I have a stripped bolt guide that won't come out of the body and a $600 paper weight. Feel free to move this ****ing rant to the appropriate forum. &@ddamn smart parts ****ing $#1%!!!!!!!!!!!!

DyNasty9
09-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Well it's on it's way back to Smart Parts. ****ing HE bolt that should have came with it stock (an extra $100) fired once and jammed. Of course all S.P. goodies come with NO ****ing instructions or pictures. Three phone calls to tech service later I have a stripped bolt guide that won't come out of the body and a $600 paper weight. Feel free to move this ****ing rant to the appropriate forum. &@ddamn smart parts ****ing $#1%!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.......you should habe brought it to my house:p lol
i could have fixed it, maybe:)

soo are you keeping it or selling it?

Sandman_Bravo
09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
I got it back today. Here it is with a new NDZ ASA on-off, HE bolt & can, and a trigger.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG0033.jpg

Hob Hayward
09-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Lookin nice :)
Hows she shoot?

Sandman_Bravo
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Really smooth. They (smart parts) must have adjusted the dwell and pressure since it's lower than it was. I really like the NDZ ASA on/off with air bleed. Props to Vike for suggesting it. :)

timmyshoota
09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
What you've said in this thread is exactly why I don't like Shockers. They shoot fine, and look nice, but I'll be damned if they aren't a POS out of the box compared to the rest of the high ends.

Need way too much money out of the box to make it comparable. I'd rather spend the money upfront and have it come to me the way it should. A Shocker with a q-lock, HE bolt and better board for $800-850 would be well worth it.

Sandman_Bravo
09-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I half agree. It would be nice to get it set up ready to rip, but I didn't have $850 to fork over. I came up with 300 cash and placed the order thru my local shop. When it came in I charged the other 300. A week later when I hit a pay-day I ordered the HE bolt. I found the feedneck on e-bay cheap so I pay-pal'ed it. Last week I ordered the ASA when I could afford it. So for me it was easier on my wallet in drips and drabs, rather than one big hit.